Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

More evidence out on Bush sketchy military record

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
More evidence out on Bush's sketchy military record

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...national_guard

Basically says that he purposely skipped a physical so that he could be transferred to Alabama to work on the campaign of a family friend.

What Bravery!

A memo dated May 19, 1972, five days after Bush was supposed to have completed his physical, summarizes a telephone discussion with Bush about how he "can get out of coming to drill from now through November."
The same memo notes that Bush was trying to transfer to non-flying status out of state and recommends that the Texas unit fill his flying slot "with a more seasoned pilot from the list of qualified Vietnam pilots that have rotated."
p.s. The actual memo is available here: http://wid.ap.org/documents/bush/040908xfer.pdf

Last edited by MonkeyAB; 09-09-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Yeah it's not good for bush to skip out, but in my opinion this not as bad as Kerry's service records with the war crimes(accusations), and other things that happend and his reaction when he came back, throwing out his ribbons, and talking against his fellow troops.

Last edited by esracer; 09-09-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx
Old 09-09-2004, 11:40 AM

Kerry... War Crimes??? Care to elaborate?

That's a great article svxr8dr. Filled with diversionary tactics and facts about Bush completing the minimum requirements. It simply excuses Bush because he almost completed his commitment to national security.

I implore everyone who views this thread to read the actual memos posted above and make up your own mind.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM

Chimpler got an honorable discharge and LeKerrie got a Silver Star and multiple Purple Hearts. You don't get any of those things if you screw up seriously. They both did their duty. Even if they had FUBARed, they were both extremely junior officers. I don't want to denigrate LTs, but my dad was one, and it has about as much to do with being President as does any other non-political occupation. As far as I am concerned that is the end of it. The fact that this crap gets any media coverage at all just shows what a joke the two party system is. They don't have any substantive issues to argue about, so they fill time with crap like this. It's like WWF wrestlers shouting into the microphone before a match.

www.lp.org
Old 09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Originally Posted by MonkeyAB

That's a great article svxr8dr. Filled with diversionary tactics and facts about Bush completing the minimum requirements. It simply excuses Bush because he almost completed his commitment to national security.

I implore everyone who views this thread to read the actual memos posted above and make up your own mind.
warcrimes: his accusations of the warcrimes his fellow soldiers did and basically made it seem like everyone else was doing it except him, it's an interview or something that he was involved in 1971 or whatever
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
no kidding.

meanwhile, we have real issues that get no play. where are the proposals for leading our country out of the funk we are currently in? isnt that the primary job of the leader of our nation???
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by esracer
warcrimes: his accusations of the warcrimes his fellow soldiers did and basically made it seem like everyone else was doing it except him, it's an interview or something that he was involved in 1971 or whatever
Racer... if you call somebody a war criminal you better have more than that. Weak sauce
Old 09-09-2004, 12:17 PM

I think Kerry has been forced (by the polls) to stoop to Bush's level. Kerry has been talking about the issues for a while, e.g. health care, education, foreign policy, and he's been taking a beating in the polls. The DNC was, for the most part, a positive, issue-focused, bring America back together jamboree. But, NO BOUNCE. The average U.S. citizen who gets polled (don't know who these people are b/c I've never been polled) doesn't respond to that.

The Bush camp, however has been constantly attacking, directly and indirectly, Kerry on his war record and his "flip-flopping". They've avoided the actual issues like the plague and it doesn't look like the plan on changing their ways any time soon. And you know what? It's worked. Bush has built a slight lead in the polls. Take them for what they're worth.

Sorry for the tangential outburst.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:24 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
From the Dick Cavitt Show.

Scroll down about 1/2 to 2/3 down.

"Well, I have often talked about this subject. I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones and I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground. And all of these, I find out later on, these acts are contrary to the Hague and Geneva Conventions and to the laws of warfare. So in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the applications of the Nuremberg principles, is in fact guilty."

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 09-09-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
News about the memos

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics...20040909d.html

See for yourself:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardmay4.pdf

Consider it done

Read about an expert (credentials provided) and his opinion here:
http://www.indcjournal.com

Last edited by svxr8dr; 09-09-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:19 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
As far as I am concerned that is the end of it. The fact that this crap gets any media coverage at all just shows what a joke the two party system is. They don't have any substantive issues to argue about, so they fill time with crap like this. It's like WWF wrestlers shouting into the microphone
Werd. In my opinion this is just filler. There's nothing else to talk about. There are people who grew up smoking weed and doing LSD that could potentially make good presidents, the past is not as good of a gauge of peoples character as they would like to think. The people who never make mistakes do not have the advantage of learning from them.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by constellation
Werd. In my opinion this is just filler. There's nothing else to talk about. There are people who grew up smoking weed and doing LSD that could potentially make good presidents, the past is not as good of a gauge of peoples character as they would like to think. The people who never make mistakes do not have the advantage of learning from them.
This is the finest post I have read so far regarding the upcoming election.

Military service is not all that important: I served under Officers & NCOs that could not punch their way out of a rice paper bag.

Why can't the candidates tell us exactly what they have to offer, instead of speaking to us in PC code?
Old 09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by svxr8dr
News about the memos

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics...20040909d.html

See for yourself:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/BushGuardmay4.pdf

Consider it done

Read about an expert (credentials provided) and his opinion here:
http://www.indcjournal.com
There are other "experts" that disagree- the IBM Selectric could do superscript and proportional fonts back in the late '60's

http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=291
Old 09-09-2004, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier

I cant stand these things!!! Attacking ones personality, and the issues at stakes are alright with me, but to attack someones war reccord is just below the belt IMO. Both sides have done this, and i hate cant stand it. Personally, i dont give a **** if bush didnt show up for military service, and for kerry, i quite honestly do not belive that he did war crimes. None of it matters to me in any way though.
Cheers
-Jeff

Quick Reply: More evidence out on Bush sketchy military record