Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Moore Set to Shoot 'Fahrenheit' Sequel

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Moore Set to Shoot 'Fahrenheit' Sequel

I'm willing to bet he actually cracked a smile when Bush won again. If Bush hadn't won then how would he be able to make a killing on anti-Bush movies? Bush has literally made his career and lined his pockets.

I'm also willing to bet he chuckled he posted the Bush/KIA mosaic on his webpage instead of a working site.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein, the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 ½" ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."
What an arrogant piece of ****...
Old 11-12-2004, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
While I don't like Bush I really don't like this *** clown. I understand why he made the first one and it does provoke thought when you watch it. Just like any peice of propaganda you have to look at both sides and the motivation for such things, but I mean what is his point now for making a anti-bush movie, besides lining his pockets? The man can't get elected again so why even bother.

But people will line up to see the movie and treat it like it is the gospel.....
Old 11-12-2004, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
but I mean what is his point now for making a anti-bush movie, besides lining his pockets? The man can't get elected again so why even bother.

But people will line up to see the movie and treat it like it is the gospel.....
Good point.

It seems that Moore's true motives are starting to show. The very same motives I've address time and time again here.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
I don't think F911 'made his career' as he was already a household name due to Bowling for Columbine. So, I imagine he would have had ammo for other documentaries had bush not won re-election. Bush is an easy target for easy money though, considering about half the country doesn't like him.

-Chris
Old 11-12-2004, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I don't think F911 'made his career' as he was already a household name due to Bowling for Columbine.

-Chris
I'd have to disagree and say that F9/11 made his career.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:56 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
I hope he releases it before the 2008 elections so that the Republicans can win again.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by deyes
I hope he releases it before the 2008 elections so that the Republicans can win again.
Personally I don't think stirring up anti-bush sentiment is going to do anything for anyone in the 2008 election. (Aside from making Moore a sh*tpile of money!)

That said, I hope the best candidate wins in 2008 regardless of political party
Old 11-12-2004, 12:06 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Personally I don't think stirring up anti-bush sentiment is going to do anything for anyone in the 2008 election. (Aside from making Moore a sh*tpile of money!)

It may stir up anti whomever the republican canidate is though. Its not entirely unlikely for someone in Bush's cabinet to run for president. Its way too soon to tell.

Here here! [whisper]So long as they are a conservative.[/whisper]
Old 11-12-2004, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by Salty
I'd have to disagree and say that F9/11 made his career.
It might have made Republicans more aware of him, but it definitely didn't make his career.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:24 PM

It was smart marketing. Cash in on that anti-Bush craze before it blows over. John Stewart figured this out too. Very shrewd businessmen.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by FUNKED1
It was smart marketing. Cash in on that anti-Bush craze before it blows over. John Stewart figured this out too. Very shrewd businessmen.
Did you ever consider that they may truly feel the way they do? Are you saying they're just putting up an act to make money?

Personally, I don't think Moore or Stewart's primary motivation for their anti-bush sentiment is money. They both have a basic, philisophical disagreement with how this country is currently being led. Sure they both capitalized out of it- but just because someone makes money from something doesn't automatically mean they were in it for the money to begin with.

If you want to continue to think that this was all a marketing ploy, and Moore had few other motivations, go ahead... He has made several other anti-government films in the past, and has been an activist for decades. I really don't think the money he made form this movie is what he values most- he seriously would like for the American people to know certain things... However, he went about informing them in what some may see as an inflammatory manner, resulting in the systematic sh*tting on of his image by the administration and other right-wingers.

This gets us to now... where you continue to beat down his image and reduce the credence of his views. I must say, they (conservatives) did a great job of destroying him and ultimately using him to their advantage. If he hadn't been quite so 'inflammatory' in his message, and kept it to the points everyone could easily understand (and do so without feeling 'unamerican'), I feel his movie would have had more of the impact he was shooting for. He failed to realize that the right will not, (and shouldn't have to) listen to the far left at all... All his movie did was further polarize the nation, and frighten people away from the left in general.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 PM

Personally, I don't think Moore or Stewart's primary motivation for their anti-bush sentiment is money.
Keep believing that, and they'll keep raking in millions.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:23 AM

You just can't see my point, can you? I am seriously getting tired of explaining myself, just to have it overlooked.... I am no longer going to take the effort to explain myself to others (you and Salty specifically)... My goal was to help you see the other side, but I've found that you're both a little too stubborn to be dragged to the middle, where it is possible to take an objective view on some of these issues. Currently, It seems that your bias is fogging your vision, and is causing you lose your ability to listen to and consider others' views.

When you take an unrelenting position on one side of the spectrum, it makes it very difficult to express your views to others who may not think the way you do, in addition to making it nearly impossible to give any respect or credibility to other opposing viewpoints.

If you can't understand all of this- you have a serious problem, and I'd suggest seeking help.

Anyway, don't expect much more from me in this forum... Most of my posts recently have been of the 'moderation' variety, or catching flaws in reasoning- but my efforts have seemed to go to waste of late, as the very people I'm trying to get across to are not making any effort on their part to meet halfway. In fact, they seem to be running in the opposite direction...

Last edited by scoobsport98; 11-13-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I don't think F911 'made his career' as he was already a household name due to Bowling for Columbine. So, I imagine he would have had ammo for other documentaries had bush not won re-election. Bush is an easy target for easy money though, considering about half the country doesn't like him.

-Chris
whoa I disagree, f911 made, and then broke his career.It's not a documentry it's a bunch of lies with a political motive.The endless summer 2 is an awesome documentary
Old 11-14-2004, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
let me make the prediction... clinton/Bhye vs. Guiliani/McCain ?

Quick Reply: Moore Set to Shoot 'Fahrenheit' Sequel