Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Marine singing video posted on CAIR website

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Marine singing video posted on CAIR website

You guys have to check this out... the news has spun this into some immoral irresponsible act by a marine... "they" want the pentagon and congress to freaking investigate...

Check it out...
http://www.cair-net.org/default.asp

If you ask me it's not out of line in context to the crap these fellas have to deal with...heck this will probably be the USA theme song after another terrorist act.
By the way:
www.anti-cair-net.org
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
why don't those wussie terrorits huggers stick their f*cking lives on the line. if you want to make a point attack the government, not the people simply following orders, or in this case trying to entertain themselves after risking their lives for this country.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:11 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...I can't hear the song because my work computer has no sound card, but if it really talks about killing innocent people as is implied in the article, it is moraly reprehensable. If the song is actually about killing people who are fighting back or have bombs, etc...then I don't see a problem with it.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 PM

so i guess any rap song that talks about gatting b*tches should be investigated by congress then too...
Old 06-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Uh...does the gov't pay rappers? Do they pay soldiers on active duty?

Civilians have freedom of speach. So do military personel when they are off duty. However, military personel (as well as Police, Fire, etc...) that are on duty cannot just say and do whatever they want. We all know this. Marines (and other military men and women) are held to a higher standard while on duty BECAUSE they are so easily scrutinized and because we expect them to act right while they are representing our country. Singing about blasting a little girl in the face with a gun despite her innocence (again, I can't hear the song so I'm just going on the article...) is not acceptable for an active Marine. When he gets home he can make a record and video if he wants...
Old 06-13-2006, 04:52 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
What document of set of rules says what he is doing is deserving of some sort of punishment? I know we hold our soldiers to different standards than our civilians, but what are those standards? What was he in violation of? Perhaps someone with a military background can shed some light. I think it was in poor taste to say the least, however I enjoy freedom of speech I'd imagine he does as well.

1. CAIR supports free enterprise, freedom of religion and freedom of expression.

2. CAIR is committed to protecting the civil rights of all Americans, regardless of faith.

3. CAIR supports domestic policies that promote civil rights, diversity and freedom of religion.

4. CAIR opposes domestic policies that limit civil rights, permit racial, ethnic or religious profiling, infringe on due process, or that prevent Muslims and others from participating fully in American civic life.

5. CAIR is a natural ally of groups, religious or secular, that advocate justice and human rights in America and around the world.

6. CAIR supports foreign policies that help create free and equitable trade, encourage human rights and promote representative government based on socio-economic justice.

7. CAIR believes the active practice of Islam strengthens the social and religious fabric of our nation.

8. CAIR condemns all acts of violence against civilians by any individual, group or state.

9. CAIR advocates dialogue between faith communities both in America and worldwide.

10. CAIR supports equal and complementary rights and responsibilities for men and women.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:59 PM

...I really don't think you have freedom of speech while serving...I could be wrong, but it's not like they can dress/act/say whatever they want...
Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM

ya i actually think you're right on that one...because i know when the press talks to soldiers there are limitations to what they are supposed to say
Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by deyes
AHAHAHAHAH you've got to be kidding, right? You know all the confirmed ties to terrorism, right? They're the PR front men.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
but if it really talks about killing innocent people as is implied in the article, it is moraly reprehensable. If the song is actually about killing people who are fighting back or have bombs, etc...then I don't see a problem with it.
This is EXACTLY how I felt UNTIL I listened to it.

It's actually a comedic song about a marine who falls in love with an Iraqi girl that tries to kill him.

He breaks down a door, looks up and sees this girl. She screams some jihadist rant at him but he has no clue what she's saying. He falls in love at first sight, she takes him to her family (which scream the jihadist rant at him too). The girls parents pull out their AKs to kill him, he grabs the young girl to use as a human shield (so the parents killed the girl), he dives behind a tv and then returns fire.

The way the story is told is non-factual, comedic, and quite entertaining to our troops who are stuck doing the dirty work. I see no problem with it.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:57 PM

Now I can hear it. Not too offensive to me...he only killed people that were shooting at him...no worse than Rocky Racoon.

I didn't think it was all that funny either though...ripped off the 'punchline/chorus' from Team America.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I had no rights while serving.
Double jeopardy was commonplace; punished by the local civilian gov't & then get royally ****ed by the military.

Sure was fun.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Just a ploy to get more visitors to CAIR and for CAIR to address the issue of anti-Arab racism. CAIR hosted this video on YouTube first and then took it off that site so all the traffic would go straight to their homepage.

They suggest the family in the lyrics is innocent when the lyrics clearly suggest the portrayed family as hostile. Bad move on CAIR. If they wanted to address the fact that some people are anti-Arab courtesy of islamic terrorism, then they shouldn't have made the song something it isn't (against an innocent family), and they shouldn't have called-out Marines that are putting their life on the line for their cause.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
The way the story is told is non-factual, comedic, and quite entertaining to our troops who are stuck doing the dirty work. I see no problem with it.
This is one side of the story people never understand. Soldiers cope by doing **** like this. Heck, Muslims American solider may be in the same tent laughing. This type of comic relief was commonplace in every major war since the beggining of wars. It just sucks that a very small amount of Marines are under fire for a real world event involving civilians.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 AM

See I really don't like sh*t like this. I am not a supporter of the Bush administration, but I attack him not the troops in Iraq. My uncle served a shost stint in Iraq at the begginning of the war, and I didn't think any less of him. The troops are simply doing their job. These CAIR people really **** me off with stuff like this.

Quick Reply: Marine singing video posted on CAIR website