Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

At least someone appreciates America

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
At least someone appreciates America

Found this on another forum and thought it was funny. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Maistro1
An Apology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear America

I am a Canadian. I am a close neighbour of your fine nation and also fellow citizen of the world. It has recently come to my attention that certain practices from my colleagues, the rest of the world, which I find reprehensible, have been ongoing for quite some time. While I unfortunately lack the authority to put an end to these misdeeds, there is one thing I can do and that is apologize.

I am sorry. I am very, very sorry. There is little I can do to make amends for these misdeeds but what I can do is apologize.

It seems, somewhere between the time that you entered into world war two in the defense of France and England (and to be fair, in desire for retribution against the Japanese / German alliance) and the time that terrorists murdered three thousand of your citizens world opinion has turned against you. I'm not sure exactly when or why this occurred; perhaps I missed a meeting. Perhaps somewhere, someone had a big vote and decided America was the new Satan. I certainly didn't vote for this.

I also didn't vote for the rampant anti-Americanism that has spread throughout this planet. It seems that somehow, somewhere the phrase "I hate Americans" became not only acceptable to say in mixed company but also became an anthem for unwashed ruffians the world across. This is racism and as deplorable as the phrase "I hate Jews".

If there is any consolation to these unthinking it is that greatness everywhere is attacked and targeted by the petty and the weak. I would like you to remember, while you hopefully accept my apology, that you have friends abroad as well as enemies.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Bullsh!t. The anti-American sentiment is in direct response to the deceitful and beligerent actions and policies of this administration.

Ironically, Republicans preach personal accountability. Yet those in the White House and the Congress can do no wrong. Perhaps a few mea culpas when appropriate would recessitate our image abroad.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Bullsh!t. The anti-American sentiment is in direct response to the deceitful and beligerent actions and policies of this administration.

Ironically, Republicans preach personal accountability. Yet those in the White House and the Congress can do no wrong. Perhaps a few mea culpas when appropriate would recessitate our image abroad.
Gimme a break, the world hated Amereica well before the year 2000.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Gimme a break, the world hated Amereica well before the year 2000.

Umm no. Have you traveled outside of the US before? If anything after 9/11 the world was there for the US.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:51 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
The world has never hated the US until very very recently...when I went away to college, some of my friends traveled abroad and found everyone very inviting and there was virtually no 'America haters'. Last year, my younger brother's friends went abroad and found anti-American sentiment everywhere they went. This is anectdotal evidence, but I'm fairly certain that the anti-US stuff has been in the past 5 or 6 years.

Except France of course...they've always hated us despite the fact that they would have been wiped off the map twice without our help...
Old 04-29-2006, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Umm no. Have you traveled outside of the US before? If anything after 9/11 the world was there for the US.
Umm, yes. I have family in Riyadh. That's fine if you both believe that lie. So, the US cole, Numerous embassy bombings and 911 to name a few, all happened because of the Bush administration? News flash bucko, europe has despised us since the last two world wars.

[voice of EUcollective]"How could a relatively young, rebel nation have surpassed hundreds of years of western europe dominance in such a short period of time."[/voice of EUcollective]

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 04-29-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Bullsh!t. The anti-American sentiment...
Guess what, it seems rampant in tpf also.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 04-29-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Umm, yes. I have family in Riyadh. That's fine if you both believe that lie. So, the US cole, Numerous embassy bombings and 911 to name a few, all happened because of the Bush administration? News flash bucko, europe has despised us since the last two world wars.
Its my opinion, which is based on what I have experienced. Prove to me that my opinion is a lie.

I lived in Europe for around 10 years of my life. I have family in Spain and friends all over Europe. I was never ill treated for being an American. Most of the people I grew up around also have the same point of view. Those bombings have NOTHING to do with Europe. How does 9/11 even come into that picture at all? The Bush administration has caused Europe to dislike American's because of the choice of President and the acts he has done.

When I go to the running of the bulls in Pamplona, you can tell who the American's are off the bat. Well the 20 something crowd atleast, they are the ones always drunk off their asses being idiots. Besides them, I really have never seen my family ever pointing out an American and saying how they dislike them for being American. In fact I have seen my family help lost Americans out. Samething in Germany and even France.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:55 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
You stupid *SS! Haven't you ever heard the term "ugly American?"

Americans have been disliked and envied around the globe for over a century, but back in "the days" nobody dared mess with an American... now it's practically a sport.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
This is anectdotal evidence, but I'm fairly certain that the anti-US stuff has been in the past 5 or 6 years.
OH SH*T MAN... ARE YOU KIDDING? I thought you had some valid points in this forum but now I'm questioning all of them.........
Old 04-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
OH SH*T MAN... ARE YOU KIDDING? I thought you had some valid points in this forum but now I'm questioning all of them.........

Look d***wad, I've been to all of Western Europe when I was younger and everyone wanted to talk to me and my family BECAUSE we were American...we were treated like royalty practically. Right NOW my dad and his wife and step kids are IN Europe and he says it's a night and day difference between the last time he went over there. Same place, 9 years later, and people don't like Americans like they used to. I'm sorry you are under the impression that the US has been hated since WWII...in fact, we have been leading the world as a positive rold model for years....until recently.

I was being guarded by including the part about anectdotal evidence; it's called realizing that, while my evidence is strong and certainly true, it isn't perfect. I wouldn't expect you to understand that concept though...
Old 04-29-2006, 10:46 AM

Don't you all remember the discussions we had in THIS FORUM about how the US's image in the international community was being tarnished? It was less than two years ago for f***'s sake...

Oh, that's right...we have POLAND on our side still...
Old 04-29-2006, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Don't you all remember the discussions we had in THIS FORUM about how the US's image in the international community was being tarnished? It was less than two years ago for f***'s sake...

I seem to remember Iraq being the krux of recent anti american setimant.

I also remember how the nations who opposed the Iraq war and high level UN beareaucrats being on the take.

Don't pretend Bush and his administrations policies are solely to blame for negative international opinion. There's plenty of blame to go around.

I'm not denying some of the decisions he's made has caused some backlash, but it's ignorant to believe all anti american opinion has surfaced in the last five years.

Why's everyone swearing so much lately? Contrary to whar dr3 thinks, it doesn't add validity to your argument.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I have travelled most of my life, whether it was with the military, as an exchange student, or personnal.

People the world over, hold Americans in low regard.
It's been this way for as long as I've been alive.

Blaming George W for this is as stupid as the California Democrats taking Monday the 1st off in support of the illegal's protest march.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:56 AM

Other than Paul, I'm the only one presenting any evidence (anicdotal or not) in this thread. Paul's experience was different than that of me and my family and friends.

I'm sure there have been waxing and waning love for the US around the world. But recently we've pissed off and alienated all of our best allies along with the countries who have never liked us. Is it all Jr's fault? Definatly not. However, losing our strongest allies can be attributed to Bush and Cheney's total disregard for international support. I can't believe some of you brought up WWII in this thread...we had EVERYONE's support except three countries in that one. Now? Almost noone.

I'm sorry some of you had such bad experiences abroad with anti-US sentiment; I've never felt that anywhere (going to Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Japan, Canada, Mexico...). However I have not left the country since around 2000.

Quick Reply: At least someone appreciates America