Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Kirk Cameron... the way of the master

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Kirk Cameron... the way of the master

http://potw.news.yahoo.com/s/potw/41...g-kirk-cameron

Anyone seen this on tv. I know it's been plugged in forums before but I honestly think these guys are doing good work. I like their approach.

Thoughts?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Thoughts? If we had any, Kirk and his boyfriend...I mean mentor...would certainly brain wash them away real quick...

are you serious? They recruit people the SAME way Islamic extremists do for goodness sakes...you like their approach hahahaha
Old 05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I like seeing the people I'll be spending time with in Hell.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Religion is an excellent tool to control the masses. Fear is a very powerful motivating factor when trying to control people.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Religion is an excellent tool to control the masses. Fear is a very powerful motivating factor when trying to control people.
Yes, and religion is also an excellent tool to control who goes to heaven or hell.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Yes, and religion is also an excellent tool to control who goes to heaven or hell.
supposing such a place exists.....
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
+ eleventy billion or some such internet lingo denoting that I agree.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Your self-rightousnous is only topped by that of Kirk, your golden calf...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Your self-rightousnous is only topped by that of Kirk, your golden calf...
Hahah if that's an insult to me because of my faith then I'm honored to take it, but I think you just don't know what self-righteousness means.

from www.dictionary.com :
self-right·eous –adjective confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

When I posted this I was ASKING for others' opinions on it
Old 06-02-2007, 04:58 PM

Look, it's symantic, but you ARE being self-rightous when you claim that your religion (or any religion) is a good way to choose who goes to heaven or hell...it's a smug statement as well.

I wasn't insulting your religion, or that you like to be a part of your religion. I was insulting your obvious confidence in your religion that you smugly posted to this forum...I think there's a word that means smug confidence ...what was it again...

Last edited by MVWRX; 06-02-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Look, it's symantic, but you ARE being self-rightous when you claim that your religion (or any religion) is a good way to choose who goes to heaven or hell...it's a smug statement as well.

I wasn't insulting your religion, or that you like to be a part of your religion. I was insulting your obvious confidence in your religion that you smugly posted to this forum...I think there's a word that means smug confidence ...what was it again...
I believe there are probably many ways to God, it's just that Christianity is the one I'm on. If you are on a path that gets you there than I'm happy for you. If you're not on a path then I think Kirk Cameron's approach deserves a fair study. It cracks me up to be called self-righteous because frankly I'm a ****ty person with a lot of moral weaknesses .

Faith envolves a choice to be faithful. I think everyone knows if they have made a choice to be faithful or not, or if they are still looking to what to put their faith on.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I don't see what the big deal is with Kirk? Sure, he's a bit on the crazy/ignorant side in my book but at least religion works for him and he's not really hurting anyone. Funny how not hurting someone has become my main criterion for modern religion. Quite Sad

The only problem I have is when religious people like Kirk try and force feed ideas down your throat. Kirk, if most people wanted to learn more about what you had to say we'd actively seek your opinion. But he means well... i can just ignore it and so can you. What I really dislike is when these types of people cling to the idea of religion and other absolute outcomes such as everyone going to hell unless they live by these rules. Reminds me of how ignorant Atheists can be when they deny a the inherent possibility of God.

Start complaining when Kirk plans to destroy an airport with explosives.

Last edited by Salty; 06-03-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
In the video he seems very weak.

How arrogant and feeble-minded do you have to be to assume "is there anything else out there" after being a successful 80s kid celebrity

Last edited by Salty; 06-03-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
The only problem I have is when religious people like Kirk try and force feed ideas down your throat. Kirk, if most people wanted to learn more about what you had to say we'd actively seek your opinion. But he means well... i can just ignore it and so can you. What I really dislike is when these types of people cling to the idea of religion and other absolute outcomes such as everyone going to hell unless they live by these rules. Reminds me of how ignorant Atheists can be when they deny a the inherent possibility of God.
To be honest I think his sidekick is much more effective. It sounds like Kirk is the $$ behind it.

The reason I bothered linking it is because their approach is one of the quickest bait/hook approaches I've seen. I like their approach much better than the roving salesperson approach that has led to everyone posting no soliciting signs.

It's hard to argue against the net benefit they are doing. Like you said, they're not being signed up for jihad.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM

Kirk Cameron... the way of the has been.

Quick Reply: Kirk Cameron... the way of the master