Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Islamic Nigerian courts sentenced two women to death by stoning

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Islamic Nigerian courts sentenced two women to death by stoning

This is Asinine...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...a_stoning_dc_1

BAUCHI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Islamic courts in Nigeria sentenced two women to death by stoning for having sex out of wedlock, but two men whom they said they slept with were acquitted for lack of evidence, authorities said on Tuesday.

Hajara Ibrahim, a 29-year-old woman, was sentenced on Oct. 5 by an Islamic Sharia court in the Tafawa Balewa area of the state, having confessed to having sex with 35-year-old Dauda Sani and becoming pregnant, the court said in a statement.

"The court has however handed the woman convict to her guardian to take care of her until she delivers the baby before the sentence will be executed by stoning her to death according to the provisions of the Sharia penal code," the court said.

"There is no evidence to link him with the allegation and consequently the court acquitted him for lack of evidence."
What a bunch of idiots... What's the likelihood that DNA tests were done to acquit on lack of evidence were the pregnant woman is concerned?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:01 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
And some of you Left leaning folks think I'm intolerant!?
This is beyond comprehension!

"Religion of peace" my white, pimpled @ss!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Silver arrow
They have people that twist the truth to meet their agenda everywhere. The agenda is control and power.
Oh, and don't forget the agenda of stone throwing accuracy??? WTF. I say euthanize anyone who thinks stoning and head-cutting is ok.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Oh, and don't forget the agenda of stone throwing accuracy??? WTF. I say euthanize anyone who thinks stoning and head-cutting is ok.

Even better why not everyone that has a different point of view than you.

While yes I think its horrible what they are doing, we can't just go into every country that is doing these things. Also just cause their are extreems in EVERY religion doesn't mean that all Islamics are the Devils and all should be killed.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:34 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Even better why not everyone that has a different point of view than you.

While yes I think its horrible what they are doing, we can't just go into every country that is doing these things. Also just cause their are extreems in EVERY religion doesn't mean that all Islamics are the Devils and all should be killed.
OK, you're a reasonable person.
While not all muslims are extreme, we are talking about this particular act.
A very barbaric act, you'll agree?

Is stoning a woman to death a reasonable punishment for, at most, adultery?
Of course it's not.
Which makes it an unreasonable act, meaning the ruling body of gov't, or religion, is unreasonable.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:42 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Silver arrow
They have people that twist the truth to meet their agenda everywhere. The agenda is control and power.
Please explain the "They" you are refering to?
How could you spin a death sentence for screwing?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline

Why is head cutting worse than how we execute people. Sure it LOOKS much worse, but is it any less humane than electrifying, hanging, shooting, or injecting? Nope. I agree that the reaon they do these decapititaions and stonnings is unjust and absolutly insane, but the form of execution isn't really less humane than what Texas seems to enjoy doing so often.

-Chris
Old 10-12-2004, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
Please explain the "They" you are refering to?
How could you spin a death sentence for screwing?
I think he may have been getting at the fact that poeple will use anything, in this case religion, to gain power. In other words, Islam may not be inherantly (sp?) evil or un-peaceful, but it is the select evil few who use the umbrella of the Islamic faith to control people (power) in an evil way.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 07:18 AM

Theocracy sucks. As much as I hate the DNC and GOP, they do a pretty good job of maintaining the separation.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Why is head cutting worse than how we execute people. Sure it LOOKS much worse, but is it any less humane than electrifying, hanging, shooting, or injecting? Nope. I agree that the reaon they do these decapititaions and stonnings is unjust and absolutly insane, but the form of execution isn't really less humane than what Texas seems to enjoy doing so often.

-Chris
Hahah you are so full of it. Like YOU are for ANY form of capital punishment.

I'd much rather go by electrocution, lethal injection, or firing squad than have my blood drained (sorry, we don't want a mess when we saw your head off), and then slowly cut off your head with a serrated knife.

If you don't call that less humane I seriously question your reasoning.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

Hahah you are so full of it. Like YOU are for ANY form of capital punishment.

Wow, shows how much you know about me. I am VERY for capitol punishment, I was just questioning why you find one form more humane than another. It must make life nice and easy for you when you can just clump together people in neatly formed groups whith pretty little labels. Some of us don't follow stringent party lines such as yourself. I actually believe in thinking on my own and not believing everything my part tells me, so I suppoert the death penalty.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

You see HellaDumb, this thread gives a perfect example of why many unfortunatly do not respect you here in teh politics forum. I posted something both you and Silver Arrow deemed to be a falacy. Silver Arrow came back with a responce that aimed to inform me of the difference, and was quite effective in doing so, helping me to see what was wrong with my post. You on the other hand made presumptions about me, questioned my reasoning, yet provided no good reasoning for yourself, and no good explaination. You debate like Bush. Way to go, HellaDumb.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
You see HellaDumb, this thread gives a perfect example of why many unfortunatly do not respect you here in teh politics forum. I posted something both you and Silver Arrow deemed to be a falacy. Silver Arrow came back with a responce that aimed to inform me of the difference, and was quite effective in doing so, helping me to see what was wrong with my post. You on the other hand made presumptions about me, questioned my reasoning, yet provided no good reasoning for yourself, and no good explaination. You debate like Bush. Way to go, HellaDumb.

-Chris
Well, unlike you, many people are not stimulated by the meaningless fill-in words you like to use to make yourself feel intelligent. Obviously, you were playing the devil's advocate then, because your words indicated that you were irrational and unintelligent.

Have fun with your long-winded wasting of time here on the forum. I, rather, like to keep it short and to the point.

Quick Reply: Islamic Nigerian courts sentenced two women to death by stoning