Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Iranian & Iraqi Citizens Trash Fahrenheit 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Iranian & Iraqi Citizens Trash Fahrenheit 9/11

Well here it is... a few statements from those that live in camel country.

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Article...e.asp?ID=15280

A few weeks ago, Mamoun Fandy, a media analyst, syndicated columnist and former professor of Arab Studies at Georgetown University, was interviewed on the subject of Michael Moore. Fandy stated that Iraqis who were familiar with the film found Moore’s portrayal of them to be exceedingly racist; he went on to say that Moore’s callousness to the plight of the Iraqi people and to the unbelievable human rights devastation in Iraq was outrageous.

And that was only the verdict of the Iraqis.

I have also been asked to express the judgment of a number of Iranians who saw the film in Iran. They sent e-mails, faxes and even phoned me to ask me to report their reviews.

First, other than David Lynch’s film, ‘The Straight Story’, Iranians have not really been exposed to any western films in their cinemas. The Mullahs’ film board forbids the display of women’s uncovered hair and all the other “corruption” Western filmmakers spread. For Iranians, therefore, viewing Michael Moore’s film was a tremendously novel experience.

After 25 years of living in a virtual concentration camp, Iranians have become exceedingly socio-politically savvy. Moore’s anti-American propaganda did not attract anywhere near as many viewers as the Mullahs had hoped for. Tehran’s despots had hoped the film would challenge the Iranian people’s favourable notion of President Bush and promote John Kerry.

But Iranians are too smart.

A group of 12 university students, for example, composed of both men and women who had seen the film, collectively wrote me and signed an e-mail which said: “Wow, this guy complains that Bush lied once. What would this windbag do if he lived here where our president lies to us once an hour?”

Another comment was: “This guy gets to publicly accuse Bush of lying and becomes famous and adored worldwide. We, here, complain about some decrepit and inconsequential government lackey and we not only go to prison but some of us get death sentences. He ought to thank his lucky stars he lives in a country where he’s allowed and even encouraged to be this obnoxious…”
Before you criticize this article ask yourself this question... Is Moore capable of lying and did you honestly consider his films as being factual?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:19 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Point out one non-factual thing in his film, I haven't seen anyone do that yet.

He has every point in the film backed up with research and evidence on his web site.

If you've seen the movie and question any of it you should check there.

or didn't you see it?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by psoper

He has every point in the film backed up with research and evidence on his web site.

or didn't you see it?
Haven't seen it, 'cause I'll be D@MNED if that LEFTIST/PINKIE/COMMUNIST RAT B@STARD will see one cent of my money.
MM is soooo unAmerican, he makes our resident Liberals look like Right Wingers!

Now, if someone has a 9/11 DVD they'll let me borrow...

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 09-30-2004 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I went to public skool
Old 09-29-2004, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper

or didn't you see it?
That's the kicker... most of the things portrayed in the film are fact. The only problem with them is that they're embroidered pieces of propaganda filled with exaggerations, if not outright falsehoods.

Moore learned his lesson regarding blatant lies after people tore the credibility of Bowling for Columbine to shreds. He had to make the film appeal to his audience by convincing them that the entire bushel of apples were tainted when one was infected with worms.

Moore supporters (like yourself) will hold up that one worm infested apple and say, "See I told you so... they're infested! They're ALL infested!" Meanwhile the orchard farmers (the people actually breathing Middle Eastern air & living on Middle Eastern soil) are saying, "What in the hell are you rambling about?!"

Unfortunately I did watch the movie via Bit-Torrent because I absolutely refused to contribute to Moore's wallet. Don't forgrt that Moore just so happens to be part of the film industry--one of the most corrupt businesses in the country next to politics.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:40 PM

Heheh, oaf whats funny is what happened during one of his visits to Bill Mahr. In the show some congressman from california started trashing MM. And then MM asked him had he seeing the movie. Guess what he hadn't. Then guess what MM said? He said, "For god sake go buy a ticket to catwoman and sneak into watch it if you don't want to pay me. Just watch the freaking movie." So watch it any way you can, it is VERY well done. And people that usually attack the film attack him not the film itself.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

There's that goddamn google ad again...
Old 09-29-2004, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Here's another thing I don't get about people that support Michael Moore…

I've never been able to understand why his supporters are so willing to believe he's not capable of lying when Bush is?! They claim that Bush went to Iraq for greed and personal motives when Moore has actually made a substantial living off the Bush administration.

Why should I believe Moore when he's cashing in on these "exaggerated facts & outright falsehoods" in the very same way he suggests Bush is laughing all the way to the bank with Iraq?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:05 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wait a minute...ok, MM is definatly a propagandaist (if that exists...). BUT he is VERY American. The act of calling Michael Moore unAmerican because he questions and calls out the government is, in itself, more unAmerican than any piece of propaganda (or truth?) he has produced. Patriotism is all about questioning the gov't and wanting it to be more ideal than it is. So MM has the ability to tell everyone his opinion and make a buck off it...that is even MORE American. Attack his propaganda...attack his opinions...attack all us liberals for our ideals...but don't call MM, or any liberals for that matter, unAmerican.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Wait a minute...ok, MM is definatly a propagandaist (if that exists...). BUT he is VERY American. The act of calling Michael Moore unAmerican because he questions and calls out the government is, in itself, more unAmerican than any piece of propaganda (or truth?) he has produced. Patriotism is all about questioning the gov't and wanting it to be more ideal than it is. So MM has the ability to tell everyone his opinion and make a buck off it...that is even MORE American. Attack his propaganda...attack his opinions...attack all us liberals for our ideals...but don't call MM, or any liberals for that matter, unAmerican.
Moore doesn't just attack the government though. I think he's made it pretty clear that he thinks all Americans are fat, old, nasty white men who are totally self centered and don't care about the world or anything other than their pocketbooks.

In other words, Moore accuses us all of being...him.

Last edited by subaruguru; 09-29-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Wait a minute...ok, MM is definatly a propagandaist (if that exists...). BUT he is VERY American.
Then I guess he's VERY stupid too:

Originally Posted by Michael Moore quoted in Britain's Mirror newspaper, referring to his fellow citizens as a whole.
''They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet...“We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don’t know anything that’s happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing.”
Listen... you stumbled on an insignificant portion of an article which is peachy. You still haven't been able to touch my two points above. Why? Because you can't possibly have a decent rebuttal against them knowing i'm right.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

Nothing, MVWRX?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I dont get it... this thread started with an article about Iranian's and Iraqi's views of the film F 911.

For those who loathe MM, why continue to bring his name up? His films are obviously made to first and formost bring him wealth. Therefor, he is about as American as apple pie... dollars before anything else. So that debate is squashed.

Second, I dont need to defend MM. Is he the partiarch of my political ideology? Of our political ideology? Of the nation's ideology?

The guy brings up some valid points in the film, points that make some of us reconsider what in the heck we are doing in another country when we have plenty o' problems here in the US. He is not a fact book, and his "facts" are as biased as any other media outlets.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:10 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Sorry Salty...internet down at home. But Dub2W pretty much summed up what I was saying...MM made money by pissing you off, and that's pretty American. The parts about him attacking the way Americans eat and ignore world issues, well that's truth...we're the most obese country in the world and we have a very Ameri-centric view of things. Good example is our olympic coverage; in other countries (like Sweden where my Dad got to watch olympics on TV), they televise almost every event regardless of the countries competing. Here we only saw the events that Americans were involved in or that had a superstar athlete in them. Just because he brings up faults about the country (gov't, the people, whatever) doesn't mean he's unAmerican...and I never heard him say he is unlike other Americans, it'd be hard for him to do since he's fat and his films are all only about America. So much of what he says about America is also slef-criticism, and that's not neccesarily unAmerican either.
You're questions: yes, I know MM can lie (and probably stretches many truths). But much of his film's content is factually based, as you can see by looking at his website like psoper suggested. And btw, you haven't touched on psopers question/comment yet...exactly what points in Farenheit911 were made up?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

And btw, you haven't touched on psopers question/comment yet...exactly what points in Farenheit911 were made up?
I've honestly decided to stop arguing with you after this...

You've pissed in the wind with subaruguru, myself and a few others one too many times.

Is it really that hard for you to grasp the content of my second post?!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
I haven't seen the movie but I think this pretty much sums it up:
Originally Posted by dub2w
I dont get it... this thread started with an article about Iranian's and Iraqi's views of the film F 911.

For those who loathe MM, why continue to bring his name up? His films are obviously made to first and formost bring him wealth. Therefor, he is about as American as apple pie... dollars before anything else. So that debate is squashed.

Second, I dont need to defend MM. Is he the partiarch of my political ideology? Of our political ideology? Of the nation's ideology?

The guy brings up some valid points in the film, points that make some of us reconsider what in the heck we are doing in another country when we have plenty o' problems here in the US. He is not a fact book, and his "facts" are as biased as any other media outlets.

Quick Reply: Iranian & Iraqi Citizens Trash Fahrenheit 9/11