Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Iran... kill them now or later?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Iran... kill them now or later?

So it seams ideal that we just happen to have our military sitting next door to Iran, ready to exterminate their regime.

They are sitting on one of the biggest oil reserves in the world, but they pretend to want nuclear for energy? If they weren't sitting on oil, that might make sense.
Their missiles are paraded around with slogans like "death to America," etc, and they obviously don't have good intentions. As predicted in the following, they are now threatening to mess with oil prices, so isn't it actually good that we are in Iraq with our collective dic_s in Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's a__?

Check it out...
http://www.policyreview.org/jun05/sokolski.html

What do y'all think we should do?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:33 PM

Stay the **** away. Thats the LAST thing we need right now.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:10 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
wwsd?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
wwsd?
What would soggy do?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:54 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
We can't even finish the job in a country of 25 million people which had no effective millitary. Iran has over twice the population of Iraq, is nearly three times the size, and hasn't been crippled by ten years of sanctions. We would not be able to do the job in Iran at our current state of conventional millitary readiness....unless you go there hella....then I'm sure we'd do fine.

Hell, we just dropped a bomb from a predator drone and killed 17 innocent civilians based on false intelligence....I'm not sure all this talk about Iran is even warranted.....

I'd guess it's a manufactured distraction. Are Bush's poll numbers back down?

Last edited by lojasmo; 01-16-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
snip....unless you go there hella....then I'm sure we'd do fine.

Hell, we just dropped a bomb from a predator drone and killed 17 innocent civilians based on false intelligence....I'm not sure all this talk about Iran is even warranted.....

Did you read the article? It talks about the costs of NOT stopping Iran from getting nukes (how that will proliferated nukes throughout the middle east, and in neighborhoods near you!).

This isn't about Bush, but it's about keeping millions of americans from getting incinerated. Who says we need to make a democracy there? We just need to kill enough people to get in there and do the job of destroying known and unknown nuke facilities.... unless of course you think this is some kind of great conspiracy too!

Kinda funny, because you'll be blaming Bush if a nuke does go off either way.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-16-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
in my opinion.. americas starting to look like a bunch of pussies... bush just needs to say f*ck it and turn his back for a quick minute, let our peole finish off iraq, and then let everything relax while our respected troops come home, party their asses off and then wait to have the next generation go fu*k with iran or wherever else.....
Old 01-16-2006, 09:43 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
We can't even finish the job in a country of 25 million people which had no effective millitary. Iran has over twice the population of Iraq, is nearly three times the size, and hasn't been crippled by ten years of sanctions. We would not be able to do the job in Iran at our current state of conventional millitary readiness....unless you go there hella....then I'm sure we'd do fine.

Again, no solution just complaining.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Might be good news:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10836280/
Old 01-16-2006, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Really though, how the hell can we do anything about Iran with the drain Iraq is putting on our military? Iran IS a big threat but right now we do not have the means of attacking them, nor would it be a good idea with the situation in Iraq.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by norcalridin
in my opinion.. americas starting to look like a bunch of pussies... bush just needs to say f*ck it and turn his back for a quick minute, let our peole finish off iraq, and then let everything relax while our respected troops come home, party their asses off and then wait to have the next generation go fu*k with iran or wherever else.....
Wow.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Again, no solution just complaining.
Okay....the bush administration should stop manufacturing distractions because their poll numbers are down.

and the media shouldn't pay a goddamned bit of attention to anything coming out of the WH.

Has there been one "level orange" since the elections took place?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:59 PM

How about: Don't kill Iran.

We don't really have the capability. We don't have proof that they are a tangible threat to the US. There's not really any evidence that they have the capability of manufacturing tactical nukes.

Sort of a non-issue in the real world, I think.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
How about: Don't kill Iran.

We don't really have the capability. We don't have proof that they are a tangible threat to the US. There's not really any evidence that they have the capability of manufacturing tactical nukes.

Sort of a non-issue in the real world, I think.
Seriously, what do you want?

Does it take Iran smacking Israel in the face with an ICBM to prove to you they have nukes? Define proof please. Iran openly flaunts ICBMs everywhere and has nuclear materials capable of producing the warhead needed to make it a WMD. They obviously aren't going to let us parade in with the UN and search their perfectly inventoried weapons arsenals over tea and crumpets. Look at it this way, if Iran was our neighbor, we'd be at war right now. With transportation the way it is now a suitcase full of uranium and a detonator could easily make them our "neighbor".

I'm not saying we should invade Iran right now however I am saying we should view them with a very sceptical eye. They clearly have undisputed bad intentions.

Is it just me or is the entire left afraid of conflict with everyone except George himself?
Old 01-16-2006, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
They are sitting on one of the biggest oil reserves in the world, but they pretend to want nuclear for energy?
This is an honest question (not for you necessarily, but rhetorical mainly.)

Do they have refinement capability? It seems as though you could be sitting on top of 90% of the world's oil but if your economy and regulating authority isn't sophisticated enough, you'd be at the mercy of the market with a tremendously diminished vote as to how you could power your own country.

In other words, and I'm just supposing for a moment; you've got all of the oil which gives you a tremendous amount of power as to price per barrel. However, if you have no refinement nor distribution capability on your own, it doesn't matter what sort of political posturing OPEC or the west do with regards to dictating oil prices, your reliance on the Seven Sisters would severely reduce your own clout as a power consumer, therefore, the prices YOU pay (especially nowadays) would probably lead YOU towards alternative fuels as well.

Quick Reply: Iran... kill them now or later?