Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Iran is about to get nuked.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Iran is about to get nuked.

Iran said to have enough nuclear fuel for one weapon

Iran has now produced roughly enough nuclear material to make, with added purification, a single atom bomb, according to nuclear experts analyzing the latest report from global atomic inspectors
My prediction:

Isreal, seeing that they will not have DC support once Obama is sworn in, will destroy Iran's nuke capacity before the swearing in.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Thats bad news, I'm curious to see what Obama will do to handle this. More importantly, what will he say/do before he is sworn in. Foreign policy, especially issues pertaining to the military, is certainly not one of his strong suits, am I wrong?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Iran insists that it wants only to fuel reactors for nuclear power. But many Western nations, led by the United States, suspect that its real goal is to gain the ability to make nuclear weapons.

That uranium has been enriched to the low levels needed to fuel a nuclear reactor. To further purify it to the highly enriched state needed to fuel a nuclear warhead, Iran would have to reconfigure its centrifuges and do a couple months of additional processing, nuclear experts said.
ok so they did what they needed for power, if they keep enriching that means we know what they are doing...

i would have to agree to some extent with paul
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
NAAAAAAAA I doubt it.....
Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
Thats bad news, I'm curious to see what Obama will do to handle this. More importantly, what will he say/do before he is sworn in. Foreign policy, especially issues pertaining to the military, is certainly not one of his strong suits, am I wrong?

NOPE you are not wrong. he is a wussy!!!!! he wont do anything ....
Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
^^ please re-read my post. I don't he will do anything either, just wanted to hear people's opinions.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:34 PM

we share the same opinion Obama is a wimp!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Several experts said that was enough for a bomb, but they cautioned that the milestone was mostly symbolic, because Iran would have to take additional steps. Not only would it have to breach its international agreements and kick out the inspectors, but it would also have to further purify the fuel and put it into a warhead design — a technical advance that Western experts are unsure Iran has yet achieved.

"They clearly have enough material for a bomb," said Richard Garwin, a top nuclear physicist who helped invent the hydrogen bomb and has advised Washington for decades. "They know how to do the enrichment. Whether they know how to design a bomb, well, that's another matter."

Have they done the changes to further enrich it? NO

Calm down people. When they start killing of inspectors, kicking them out, and other covert ****, then worry about it.

Besides, forget Israel. We help them enough already. It's like a spoiled child, that's 55 years old, coming back to mama for laundry and some more spending money. They should learn to take care of themselves.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Old School

Once more

"It's a virtual milestone," Cochran said of Iran's stockpile. It is not an imminent threat, he added, because the further technical work to make fuel for a bomb would tip off inspectors, the United States and other powers about "where they're going."
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Have they done the changes to further enrich it? NO

Calm down people. When they start killing of inspectors, kicking them out, and other covert ****, then worry about it.
Spoken like a true liberal!

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
:Besides, forget Israel. We help them enough already. It's like a spoiled child, that's 55 years old, coming back to mama for laundry and some more spending money. They should learn to take care of themselves.
Oh, they can take care of themselves. This wouldn't be the first time they destroyed a nuclear site.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Spoken like a true liberal!

Oh, they can take care of themselves. This wouldn't be the first time they destroyed a nuclear site.
There is nothing liberal about that statement

We have no reason to do or say anything until something actually happens with those centrifuges and then wanting to give inspectors the boot. We will know cause we are watching their asses... Everything else is speculation. Let them have their nuclear power plants. When Iran wanst to do something more, more power to Israel for bombing them with our bombs and our money!

Oh, and they can't take care of themselves, that's why we give him money and weapons and training year after year. If we dropped support, they'd be giving in to everyone around them, but with big brother looking over their shoulder they sure grow some ***** now don't they?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Little physics here, folks.

ALL reactor fuel, with "added purification", can be used in a nuclear weapon.

It is the "added purification" which is the issue.

Is Iran actually doing "Added purification"? The IAEA says no.
And it is not as trivial as the article implies. Nuclear fuel (what Iran is making) is enriched to 3%. Weapons-grade uranium needs to be enriched to 95% or higher.

The required equipment, energy, and time needed to go from 3% to 95% is enormous, orders of magnitude larger than that needed for reactor fuel.

And impossible to conceal -except under the Dimona reactor, which is, unlike Iran, safe from IAEA inspections- because Israel is not a signatory to the Non-proliferation treaty, whereas Iran is.

Israel doesn't need our bombs- they have their own, and I think they ought to get by just fine without our money too.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by psoper
Israel doesn't need our bombs- they have their own, and I think they ought to get by just fine without our money too.
Ya Damn Skippy!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:36 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!

hotlinked for your pleasure
Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 PM

Car Info: nothing
better safe then sorry^^^

Quick Reply: Iran is about to get nuked.