Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

If the west leaves "the land of Islam," will Islam leave the West?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
If the west leaves "the land of Islam," will Islam leave the West?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8807560/

Per the #2 Al-Qaida deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahri, "As to the nations of the crusader alliance, we have offered you a truce if you leave the land of Islam.”

So if "we" leave the middle-east, will they tear down their mosques in Europe and America (aka Jususland), and pack their bags and go home?

Heck, sounds like a good deal to me!

http://www.stuffz.net/gallery/Funny-things/new_map
Old 08-04-2005, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
BS propaganda. If I remember correctly, they attacked us before we forcefully occupied Iraq or Afganistan.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Although I see the argument I’d have to agree with VIBE. Think about this... Imagine how screwed we'd be if we did leave and they bluffed by attacking us again. Also consider the fact you cannot control everyones actions. If there was a governing body on murder that suddenly denouced the act it wouldn't matter. There would still be murder....

There's no way for this to work as long as the 1st amendment is in place. It would be a one-way street every single time. What makes me mad is that millions of spineless Americans would rather take their chances and follow suit. As if trusting a terrorist is the right answer.

Last edited by Salty; 08-04-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i say build self replicating nano bots that attack middle eastern based dna strands, dissasembeling them into their lowest forms of material.

we then crop dust the entire planet and hope this mesh of nanobots doesnt take over the world

MUUHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA
Old 08-04-2005, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
i say build self replicating nano bots that attack middle eastern based dna strands, dissasembeling them into their lowest forms of material.

we then crop dust the entire planet and hope this mesh of nanobots doesnt take over the world

MUUHAHAHAHHAHAAAAA
Yeah! If you've got a problem... and you know where to find them... maybe you can hire...

The A-Team!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:16 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Isn't Mr. T a muslim?

I nominate this for stupidest thread of the year.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Nomination....denied!

Why don't you like it?
Seems like a fair question to ask.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Oaf
Nomination....denied!

Why don't you like it?
Seems like a fair question to ask.
There are many muslims in western society who are law-abiding citizens here for legitimate purposes.

The U.S. and other western civilizations have been occupying the middle-east for thousands of years, against the wishes of the indiginous peoples.

There is no legitimate comparison.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by lojasmo
There are many muslims in western society who are law-abiding citizens here for legitimate purposes.

The U.S. and other western civilizations have been occupying the middle-east for thousands of years, against the wishes of the indiginous peoples.

What do you mean by legitimate purposes? Are they here for our religious tolerance, our elevation of the role of women, or our materialistic culture? What is the purpose for them being here if they (as a whole) hate our influence on the middle-east? Am I wrong in this assumption?

Many (I'd guess the majority) of the Islamic people that come hear have no desire to assimilate into our society. If they don't want to "do as the Romans do" they should leave in my estimation. I think that applies to any group, sect, cult, or culture of peoples that come here.

So are you saying that they should occupy and influence us here, but we should stop our western influence overseas? Isn't that a double-standard?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

:rotfl:

That's one way of looking at history.

Which countries have been occupied for thousands of years?
Turkey?
Iraq?
Iran?
Somalia?
Egypt?
The Stans?

What you should be looking at is how many Arab/Islamic countries are being occupied by fellow Muslims.
Against their wills.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
What do you mean by legitimate purposes?
Living, working, raising children, becoming educated....those kinds of things....the same kinds of things every immigrant wants to do.
Originally Posted by hdumb

Many (I'd guess the majority) of the Islamic people that come hear have no desire to assimilate into our society. If they don't want to "do as the Romans do" they should leave in my estimation. I think that applies to any group, sect, cult, or culture of peoples that come here.
What a bunch of ignorant pablum
Originally Posted by hdumb

So are you saying that they should occupy and influence us here, but we should stop our western influence overseas? Isn't that a double-standard?
What influence do they have here? Please give an example of significant influence that the muslim culture has had on our society.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Oaf
:rotfl:

What you should be looking at is how many Arab/Islamic countries are being occupied by fellow Muslims.
Against their wills.
That doesn't seem to be the issue, does it?

As far as thousands of years of occupation....I don't mean continuous occupation....think "cruisades."
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM

What influence do they have here? Please give an example of significant influence that the muslim culture has had on our society.
You bring up another good point. What are they here for if they don't contribute...a country is nothing more than a sum of its people. Let me take a stab at it... how about worsening womens rights, self-segregation and isolation from mass society... many (not all) have no interest in becoming "American.'

The reason I'm zeroing in on this particular group is because they want "our" influence to stop in "their" homeland. I think it's a double-standard.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 08-05-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:14 AM

That doesn't seem to be the issue, does it?
occupation....think "cruisades."
Wow... do you even know history of occupation? The ottoman empire was the muslim crusade... but you knew that, right?

I love how people leave out that little detail.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Isn't Mr. T a muslim?

I nominate this for stupidest thread of the year.

You haven't been here very long, have you? :haha:

Back on topic --
When Al Zawabuttcrack, the leader of a terrorist network, goes on public record with this BS, he's not speaking for all muslims. So what do mosques in the US (a country with a freedom of religon) have to do with terrorists overseas? Sure, a small percentage are corrupt and may have terror ties, but when you generalize all of them, you are labeling every muslim as a terrorist. When there are protests by peaceful muslims who are trying to separate themselves from extremism, why work against them by refusing to acknowledge the positive, and only focusing on the bad media? They may not be that vocal, but since many are, you have to believe there are many more who think like them, and you have to at least give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you need a mosque built in your backyard and hundreds of full-garbed muslims frolicking in your streets to bring you a revelation

Last edited by scoobsport98; 08-05-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: If the west leaves "the land of Islam," will Islam leave the West?