Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

How do you stop the war in Iraq?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
How do you stop the war in Iraq?

You make a portrait of Bush out of Chimpanzees! Of Course!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_arts_monkeys

"It seems like people got a kick out of it," Savido said. "When they really see it, they almost do a double-take. I like to get a reaction from people."
Translation: "I'm an attention *****!"

Newsflash: The manager's right to discretion on pieces he finds offensive has squat to do with "fundamental American rights", "freedom of speech" -or- the sand in your vagina, Savido. ktnxbye!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:07 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Originally Posted by Salty
You make a portrait of Bush out of Chimpanzees! Of Course!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...e_arts_monkeys

Translation: "I'm an attention *****!"

Newsflash: The manager's right to discretion on pieces he finds offensive has squat to do with "fundamental American rights", "freedom of speech" -or- the sand in your vagina, Savido. ktnxbye!
Translation: "I'm an attention ***** in teh politics forum at i-club."

Don't get mad, Salty...in America, we're allowed to make fun of the president. The artist didn't get in the news on purpose...it was conservatives calling attention to his art that got a news story out of it.

Edit: You know I appreciate how many threads you start...just gotta check you a little every once in a while, you know?

Last edited by MVWRX; 12-14-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Translation: "I'm an attention ***** in the politics forum at i-club."
Please Explain how my promotion and support for this forum makes me an attention *****?

Don't get mad, Salty...in America, we're allowed to make fun of the president.
I never said you couldn't make fun of the President, MVWRX. Please tell me which part of my initial statement suggests that. I specifically said: "The manager's right to discretion on pieces he finds offensive has squat to do with "fundamental American rights", "freedom of speech"

The artist didn't get in the news on purpose...it was conservatives calling attention to his art that got a news story out of it.
It was the entire controversy of the matter as this is what the media thrives on. You have no evidence that the manager was a conservative to begin with! The manager was acting in the best interest (or so he thought) of the gallery.

You don't go out of your way to make a painting such as this and put it in the public eye unless you wanted to stir the waters. He could have easily made this painting and sold it in private auction. Instead, he wanted to make it a big extravaganza in order to pawn himself of as the “victim of oppression from Bush's communist-like regime” and please the hemp wearing Daria chick who's creaming her pants as she dwells on the painting's symbolism.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
You're not going to stop the war any time soon.

Dubya brought us into this ****storm, and we're going to be stuck with it for years.

This is Vietnam x10
Old 12-14-2004, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Question

Originally Posted by WagonMonster
You're not going to stop the war any time soon.

Dubya brought us into this ****storm, and we're going to be stuck with it for years.

This is Vietnam x10
Don't try to be too optimistic or reasonable in your comparisons, Will. It's not like anyone actually fighting in the sandbox needs your support -or- the future of Iraqi citizens even matters.

The only major similarity between OIF and Vietnam is the guerrilla presence which isn't anywhere near what it was in Vietnam. The death toll as of now is 1297 with ~180 of them accidental deaths (people falling asleep and driving into a river). Deaths that could have occurred just as frequent in training accidents across the country in the same time period (and they do every year). The death toll in Vietnam was ~58,000 by the mid 1970's so there's no ****ing contest here. It's not like we're not gaining ground in this war by smoking pot in Dien Bien Phu and shooting at hallucinations... instead the golden spike was driven in the fist major freeway system in Iraq today.

Do I feel this war wasn't the most logical route for Bush? Of course, but the choice has been made to go forward so why not make the most of it? Instead of dragging your tail and suggesting the war in Iraq is x10 worse than Vietnam when you've probably never fired (or held) and M-16, why not show a little optimism, hope and support for an effort that isn't lost yet? Just a ****ing suggestion... wouldn't want you to put in an effort or hurt yourself doing it though.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:15 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
back to the question at hand

how do you stop the war in iraq?

easy, its called bomb the hell out of the country till nothing is left. there, done, problem eliminated
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Please Explain how my promotion and support for this forum makes me an attention *****?

I never said you couldn't make fun of the President, MVWRX. Please tell me which part of my initial statement suggests that. I specifically said: "The manager's right to discretion on pieces he finds offensive has squat to do with "fundamental American rights", "freedom of speech"

It was the entire controversy of the matter as this is what the media thrives on. You have no evidence that the manager was a conservative to begin with! The manager was acting in the best interest (or so he thought) of the gallery.

You don't go out of your way to make a painting such as this and put it in the public eye unless you wanted to stir the waters. He could have easily made this painting and sold it in private auction. Instead, he wanted to make it a big extravaganza in order to pawn himself of as the “victim of oppression from Bush's communist-like regime” and please the hemp wearing Daria chick who's creaming her pants as she dwells on the painting's symbolism.

I know man, I was just giving you a hard time...you're not an attention *****, and the manager can do whatever the f*** he wants with art in his own place. I don't know if I agree that the artist wanted to start a controversy, but I think it's cool that he's allowed to make whatever art he wants and display it however he wants.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by ish
back to the question at hand

how do you stop the war in iraq?

easy, its called bomb the hell out of the country till nothing is left. there, done, problem eliminated
That's pretty much how Muslim fundamentalists feel about us.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
How do you stop the war in Iraq? How do you put a sidewalk back in the concrete truck?

At this point, you can't stop the war in Iraq without abandoning the country, which is not an option from the view point of regional stability. We are morally obligated to help repair the infrastructure we destroyed. Of course, it is a tough thing to do since the place is in total anarchy - a result of not thinking through our actions before we acted.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
That's pretty much how Muslim fundamentalists feel about us.
And since we actually have the ability to do so, maybe we should do ASAP, instead of waiting for them to develope a means of doing to us.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:36 PM

Yeah, sure. The millions and millions of Iraqis who are regular people like us would probably understand. I mean, our failure to reconcile our nation's actions with our beliefs and standards is more important than they are.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:43 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Yeah, sure. The millions and millions of Iraqis who are regular people like us would probably understand. I mean, our failure to reconcile our nation's actions with our beliefs and standards is more important than they are.
No, not all Iraqis are bad.
Yes, all Islamic fundamentalists are bad & must be dealt with "better" than the current methods.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:52 PM

So how does bombing the country back to the Stone Age solve it? Seems to have worked very well in Afghanistan...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
So how does bombing the country back to the Stone Age solve it? Seems to have worked very well in Afghanistan...
What seems to have worked well in afganistan ?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

I am curious too...

I'd also like to know if you knew what was being bombed.

Quick Reply: How do you stop the war in Iraq?