Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

How do you guys feel about Obama and ACORN?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
How do you guys feel about Obama and ACORN?

So Obama donates 800k to ACORN the goal of which is supposed to be "The goal of ACORN and Project Vote's voter registration drives is to empower low-income and minority communities by giving them a voice in the political process."

And it is supposed to be fair.

But Obama donated 800k to them (and forgot to report said donation).

Now coincidentally (no its not) ACORN has registered a record number of democrat voters... in an amazing way too.. dead people can apparently vote now, underage folk, hey some people can even vote several times! One guy in Ohio is registered something like 76 times.

"Sometimes, they come up and bribe me with a cigarette, or they'll give me a dollar to sign up," said Freddie Johnson, 19, who filled out 72 separate voter-registration cards over an 18-month period at the behest of the left-leaning Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

In Ohio RF, there is no ID law thanks to Democrats. So 76 times someone could vote under that name.

Just thought I would mention that organizations Obama supports with his money ($800,000 of it) register people as democrats by bribing them with money and cigarettes some of them many times.

That's an honest campaign right there!

Go McCain!

I am lazy so I didn't cite sources. But if you want more information google for "acorn investigation" or "acorn ohio fraud"

Last edited by evsoul; 10-16-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
I dont like that rat bastard obama...he seems kinda sketch
obama bin lying
lol
Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I dont mind what they are doing, that is their right (as long as it is not illegal and not registering Micky Mouse 72 times).

what pisses me off is they get taxpayer money to do it. **** that.

also, why does Obama have to lie about his donations? what is he embarrassed about?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

He didn't want his name tied in with an organization that is avoiding republican votes and seeking democrat votes on the government's dollar.

And what they did is illegal, registering a single person 76 times, registering mickey mouse, registering dead people.

Come on, thats all on our governments (and now Obama's) dollar.

Anything that is on the government's dollar for voter registration should be 100% unbiased in its actions.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by evsoul
He didn't want his name tied in with an organization that is avoiding republican votes and seeking democrat votes on the government's dollar.

And what they did is illegal, registering a single person 76 times, registering mickey mouse, registering dead people.

Come on, thats all on our governments (and now Obama's) dollar.

Anything that is on the government's dollar for voter registration should be 100% unbiased in its actions.
I don't like ACORN.

but its any organizations right to "get out the vote" and have registration campaigns like they do.

but what is not right is when it leads to fraud, and the American taxpayer is flipping the bill for it.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
lieing liar who lies
Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Take this for what it's worth. Straight from factcheck.org

Why it wasn't reported by the Obama campaign right in the first place is suspect. But I also think the whole thing has been sensationalized by the McCain campaign. (not that I would expect anything different from either campaign if the shoe is on the other foot.) One thing to note is that the ACORN Affiliated group Campaign Services, Inc nor the Chicago ACORN office is under investigation for any wrong-doing.

Originally Posted by factcheck.org
ACORN and Vote Fraud

McCain made some dire claims about a liberal group he said was out to steal the election:

McCain: We need to know the full extent of Sen. Obama's relationship with ACORN, who is now on the verge of maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy.

It's true that the voter registration wing of the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now has run into trouble in several states. ACORN employees have been investigated and in some cases indicted for voter registration fraud. Most recently, more than 2,000 registrations in Lake County, Ind., have turned out to be falsified.

But does this constitute "destroying the fabric of democracy"? More like destroying the fabric of work ethic. There's been no evidence that the ACORN employees who submitted fraudulent forms have been paving the way for illegal voting. Rather, they're trying to get paid for doing no work.

Dan Satterberg, the Republican prosecuting attorney in King County, Wash., where the first ACORN case was prosecuted, said:

Satterberg: [A] joint federal and state investigation has determined that this
scheme was not intended to permit illegal voting.

Instead, the defendants cheated their employer. ... It was hardly a sophisticated plan: The defendants simply realized that making up names was easier than actually canvassing the streets looking for unregistered voters. ...

[It] appears that the employees of ACORN were not performing the work that they were being paid for, and to some extent, ACORN is a victim of employee theft.

The $8-an-hour employees were charged with providing false information on a voter registration, and in one case with making a false statement to a public official. ACORN was fined for showing insufficient oversight, but it was not charged with masterminding any kind of fraud.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, Obama wasn't entirely forthcoming about his relationship with ACORN:

Obama: The only involvement I've had with ACORN is, I represented them alongside the U.S. Justice Department in making Illinois implement a motor voter law that helped people get registered at DMVs.

He did, but that wasn't his only involvement. He also worked closely with ACORN's Chicago office when he ran a Project Vote registration drive after law school, and Obama did some leadership training for Chicago ACORN. The Woods Fund, where Obama served as a board member, gave grants to ACORN's Chicago branch; both organizations are concerned with disadvantaged populations in that city. And during the primaries of this election, Obama's campaign paid upwards of $800,000 to the ACORN-affiliated Campaign Services Inc. for get-out-the-vote efforts (not voter registration). Those services were initially misrepresented on the campaign's Federal Election Commission reports, an error that some find suspicious and others say is par for the course. ACORN's Chicago office and CSI have not been under investigation.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Take this for what it's worth. Straight from factcheck.org

Why it wasn't reported by the Obama campaign right in the first place is suspect. But I also think the whole thing has been sensationalized by the McCain campaign. (not that I would expect anything different from either campaign if the shoe is on the other foot.) One thing to note is that the ACORN Affiliated group Campaign Services, Inc nor the Chicago ACORN office is under investigation for any wrong-doing.
I agree,

It's lazy *** people trying to cheat their employers. Nothing else.

I mean, who care if someone did it 72 times, he can't vote 72 times, only once!

Totally blown out of proportion. Yeah, ACORN ****ed up and needs to better look over employees, but to say that Obama is behind it is stupid...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I agree,

It's lazy *** people trying to cheat their employers. Nothing else.

I mean, who care if someone did it 72 times, he can't vote 72 times, only once!

Totally blown out of proportion. Yeah, ACORN ****ed up and needs to better look over employees, but to say that Obama is behind it is stupid...

In Ohio the guy who registered 76 times could have voted 76 times. Because Ohio doesn't have the ID verification law because the Democrats banned it.

Don't ask me why, its just what I heard on fox/cnn when it was a big conversation on the news.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by evsoul
In Ohio the guy who registered 76 times could have voted 76 times. Because Ohio doesn't have the ID verification law because the Democrats banned it.

Don't ask me why, its just what I heard on fox/cnn when it was a big conversation on the news.
I'm sorry, but it's hard believe that they wouldn't have ID verification... That's just stupid.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Old School

I read that the issue is about absentee ballots, we'll, i know in CA you have to apply to be able to do this and they check the signature against the voter registration. If it matches they send out the ballots, and then when the ballots return they check the signature again.

I still don't see it being an issue other than ACORN has horrible management.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 PM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I'm sorry, but it's hard believe that they wouldn't have ID verification... That's just stupid.

Democrats are fundamentally opposed to Voter ID

http://speaker.house.gov/newsroom/pressreleases?id=0630

Jimmy Carter ****ed up and supported it, and got into some hot water with his party.

http://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/20...l-on-voter-id/

I wonder why they don't want you to have to show ID when you vote?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
BanHammer™

also, I believe it is illegal for a election volunteer to ask for ID in California when you go vote.

all you need to do is sign the sheet and you are magically identified!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
I wonder why they don't want you to have to show ID when you vote?
Because IDs cost money, so the idea is that people shouldn't have to pay for their right to vote. Considering registered voters can only vote once, identifying each voter isn't entirely necessary.

However, if they would make state issued ID cards free, problem solved.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Mickey Mouse is as American as apple pie, and he has starred in films, TV shows and video games. But apparently he can't vote.

Florida elections officials rejected Mickey's application this summer. It is unclear whether Mickey tried to register as a Democrat or a Republican. But the application included a stamped logo of ACORN, the community organizing group that is facing accusations of voter registration fraud
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...register-vote/

Well i dont know about you guys but i dont think Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck should be able to vote this election. They didnt even declare a party...

Stupid bipartisan cartoon characters.

Quick Reply: How do you guys feel about Obama and ACORN?