Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Heinz Kerry predicts Osama's capture

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Heinz Kerry predicts Osama's capture

I love how people cover their bases...

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoen...0/daily58.html

Heinz Kerry criticized the Bush administration on tax cuts, Iraq and the war on terrorism at the event, which was held at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa.

In regard to the hunt for terror leader Osama Bin Laden, Heinz Kerry said she could see the al-Qaida chief being caught before the November election.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month," said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States and allied forces before election day.
I'm not trying to be biased here because we've brought this up here in Teh Politics before. It's a no-brainer that if Osama is captured between now and November 2nd it would be the best election trump card ever. Regardless, talking about it is one thing but actually putting the cards on the table is another.

What makes me laugh is when public speakers speak out against the war in Iraq by pawning off positive events by never speaking about them -or- when they belittle the attempts being made in Afghanistan by suggesting they knew it was going to happen -and- that it's not really a big deal if he's captured.

Just seems like Heinz is getting desperate by trying to pull at nonexistent strings out of thin air. Why cover your bases now? Why couldn't she have stated this months ago and actually supported the efforts being made? It's because she's scared Bush has an Ace up his sleeve and she wants to take the possible "WOT spotlight" off him.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
My personal thought would be if they pulled Osama out of a hat prior to the election then it would look too planned and could possibly backfire on Bush. Again just my opinion though. About Heinz-Kerry, she is just preparing the masses for that possibility. They want to get the message out that if it happens it will be very orchestrated by the re-election campaign of bush. It would be too convenient for it to happen in the next month and a half.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
My personal thought would be if they pulled Osama out of a hat prior to the election then it would look too planned and could possibly backfire on Bush.
I thought about this too.

Although it's a possibility, I just don't see it happening because there's way too many people voting that have no idea what's going on in politics. If they heard that the reason for the WOT, Osama Bin Laden, had been captured it'll be too ground breaking and significant for any repercussions.

I only think my prediction would hold true if Bush dropped the curtain within a few days before the election. Literally drop the news before a weekday so everyone gossips about it during work and so redneck republicans can shoot their shotguns in the air. It could backfire if he gives these types of individuals time to grasp the liberal conspiracy theories floating around the internet.

You may be right though… if Bush dropped the ball this late in the game it might be too risky. That's if he had Osama Bin Laden in the first place which I don't think is true. So why is Heinz trying to cover home plate by discrediting the possibility?! Seems like an act of desperation if you ask me…
Old 09-24-2004, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Seems like an act of desperation if you ask me…

LOL, You sound like a journalist. Act of desperation? Desperation? I think that word is a little innapropriate, but thats cool - it makes it sound like the kerrys are sweating and hanging off a cliff or trying to save a group of eskimo babies from an impending plane crash. Wow, i must go shopping. CONSUME!!!

As much as we'd like to think, i dont think there is much desperation in either camp. It's probably not as exciting as we'd wish. Lots of paperwork, awkward public appearances, and constantly fighting off the media. Ultimately, we can take every little action as a "act of desperation" or a "cry for help" or whatever other overly dramatic cliche phrases we can conjure, but 99.9% of the time it doesnt ellude to some grand conflict within their party.

Last edited by constellation; 09-24-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
LOL, You sound like a journalist. Act of desperation? Desperation? I think that word is a little innapropriate, but thats cool - it makes it sound like the kerrys are sweating and hanging off a cliff or trying to save a group of eskimo babies from an impending plane crash. Wow, i must go shopping. CONSUME!!!

As much as we'd like to think, i dont think there is much desperation in either camp. It's probably not as exciting as we'd wish. Lots of paperwork, awkward public appearances, and constantly fighting off the media. Ultimately, we can take every little action as a "act of desperation" or a "cry for help" or whatever other overly dramatic cliche phrases we can conjure, but 99.9% of the time it doesnt ellude to some grand conflict within their party.
Fine... It may not be an act of desperation now but it certainly would be if it was factual.

Now that you've tackled one sentence out of the six paragraphs posted by myself, go back and handle my first post in this thread.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I don't care when and how they capture Osama. He must be caught.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:00 AM

Now that you've tackled one sentence out of the six paragraphs posted by myself, go back and handle my first post in this thread.

hahaha, ok, How about this : It's all pretense. speculation. hot air. pomp. Horsepuckey. Malarkey. Lets make a mountain out of a molehill!

It's because she's scared Bush has an Ace up his sleeve and she wants to take the possible "WOT spotlight" off him.
LOL, Oh really salty? YOU'RE A SUPER SLEUTH! I don't think her statement was out of bounds, outrageous, indicative, or anything that you make it out to be. WE ALL HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT FOR MONTHS!! The whole entire country has been talking about how funny it would be if bush thawed out OBL - and now hienz kerry says it and its a clear sign that the kerry camp is stuggling? What the **** are you talking about?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
hahaha, ok, How about this : It's all pretense. speculation. hot air. pomp. Horsepuckey. Malarkey. Lets make a mountain out of a molehill!

LOL, Oh really salty? YOU'RE A SUPER SLEUTH! I don't think her statement was out of bounds, outrageous, indicative, or anything that you make it out to be. WE ALL HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT FOR MONTHS!! The whole entire country has been talking about how funny it would be if bush thawed out OBL - and now hienz kerry says it and its a clear sign that the kerry camp is stuggling? What the **** are you talking about?
Yes, you've already covered speculation and the use of vocabulary in your other post and I said it was warranted.

Why not tackle this:

Originally Posted by salty
What makes me laugh is when public speakers speak out against the war in Iraq by pawning off positive events by never speaking about them -or- when they belittle the attempts being made in Afghanistan by suggesting they knew it was going to happen -and- that it's not really a big deal if he's captured...

...Why cover your bases now? Why couldn't she have stated this months ago and actually supported the efforts being made?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:39 AM

UHg, ok...could i just bake you some banana bread instead?

What makes me laugh is when public speakers speak out against the war in Iraq by pawning off positive events by never speaking about them
Welcome to politics. Whenever you are trying make a point you NEVER mention anything positive about the other team because it creates doubt in the audience that you are trying to sway. Everyone does this.

when they belittle the attempts being made in Afghanistan by suggesting they knew it was going to happen -and- that it's not really a big deal if he's captured...
Although i think the bastard should be caught and hung by his nuts, when we do catch him he'll be the new martyr for the average radical muslim - and we'll be swatting down hijacked planes like flies. Although he is a key figure, capturing him isn't going to stop or slow terrorism. So, if the kerry camp supported the capture-of-OBL-at-all-costs plan, then when terrorism didn't stop, kerry would be the new scapegoat (of course, assuming he wins). That last sentence might be a bit muddled, so if you want to tear that one apart, i'd gladly work out the kinks....i think it sorta makes sense though...?

Why couldn't she have stated this months ago and actually supported the efforts being made?
Because it would have made no difference, and supporting the efforts being made is an underhanded way of supporting bush - so being the polititians that they are, they just stay quiet about it. Plus, mentioning it so close to election insures that, if it does happen, kerry's quotes stay fresh in our spongy american brains - and somewhere in there, a little caveman of outrage start banging his club on the ground and hootin'.

Crap, i gotta get back to work - anything i left out?
Old 09-24-2004, 12:06 PM

"I want justice, And there's an old poster
out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'"

Bush September 2001

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend
that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. . . . I
truly am not that concerned about him."

Bush, March 2002

I don't know if they will find them with Bush with that attitude... I seriously doubt he will be caught by Nov. But I honestly wouldn't be suprised if he suddenly popuped out of no where.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:42 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Unregistered
"I want justice, And there's an old poster
out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'"

Bush September 2001

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend
that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. . . . I
truly am not that concerned about him."

Bush, March 2002

I don't know if they will find them with Bush with that attitude... I seriously doubt he will be caught by Nov. But I honestly wouldn't be suprised if he suddenly popuped out of no where.
And they say Kerry "flip-flops"...
Old 09-24-2004, 01:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
And they say Kerry "flip-flops"...

Oaf, what's going on man?! You used to be one of Saltys conservative thugs, but lately you have been agreeing with us crazy liberals more and more. Are you going soft on me man? Those two statements sound like I did in high school whe I would try and show off to a girls by doing something, then when I F up, I claim I "wasn't really trying." Kinda sad.

-Chris
Old 09-24-2004, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
screw obl capture the people who hold his money and disperse it, as well as the rich saudis who continue to fund **** like this.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:30 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Oaf, what's going on man?! You used to be one of Saltys conservative thugs, but lately you have been agreeing with us crazy liberals more and more. Are you going soft on me man? Those two statements sound like I did in high school whe I would try and show off to a girls by doing something, then when I F up, I claim I "wasn't really trying." Kinda sad.

-Chris
See, I'm full of surprises! :banana:
Maybe it's from being born in San Francisco & living in Mill Valley in the '60's & '70's?
Or that I used to work/live in Bezerkeley?

I'm no Conservative...I prefer the label "Constitutionalist" or maybe Libertarian.
Far Right Wing is just as bad, if not worse, than Far Left.
As Salty has said many times, Bush is just as F'ed up as Kerry, just for different reasons.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
See, I'm full of surprises! :banana:
Maybe it's from being born in San Francisco & living in Mill Valley in the '60's & '70's?
Or that I used to work/live in Bezerkeley?

I'm no Conservative...I prefer the label "Constitutionalist" or maybe Libertarian.
Far Right Wing is just as bad, if not worse, than Far Left.
As Salty has said many times, Bush is just as F'ed up as Kerry, just for different reasons.

I agree, extreamism is NEVER a good thing. And I am very aware that never is an extream word, but you know what I mean.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Heinz Kerry predicts Osama's capture