Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Hawaii soldier refuses to deploy to Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
That's a good point, I can see that happening, which may be why we need to get our soldiers out. I don't want my buddies (or myself) to be caugth up in the middle of all of that. What are we doing there right now? Who are we protecting? I just think that if this war was over everything that GW said it was, we would have pulled our soldiers out by now. I believe that we are there for oil and other financial reasons, and if I get called to go over how can I take pride in that?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
It all boils down to, for me anyway, the fact that he joined after 9/11. Joining after that point meant you had to know what you were in for. I joined pre 9/11 and most of the people around me were there for college money or a better job, not out of patriotic duty or wanting to fight. Joining after that and then refusing to go to war, especially considering he's in the ARMY, is like running into a house on fire and then wondering why you're getting burned.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I say he's a POS. Probably just joined for the money. Dumbass.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
F*** That

he enlisted and he raised his right hand and commited to that. the government should make an example out of him. we are there to protect our friends and family! if i dont go will you?
it doesnt matter what branch of military you are in. you committed to serve your nation. so why dont you follow through with that till your time is up. so suck it up and drive on.
who ever said that war will be friendly? stupids. you dont think people will die? think again its war!
f his beliefs and send this a** hole to levenworth!
we are protecting our friends and family.
i dont know about you, but i rather be speaking english than aribic!
all i got to say is
STAND BEHIND YOUR TROOPS AND SUPPORT THEM! IF NOT, THEN STAND IN FRONT OF THEM AND WE WILL SUPPORT YOU!!

HOOAH!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I'd say Saddam was right. He had to rule with at iron fist. The people only recognize strength and weakness. All of these little groups were lurking around Iraq for the longest time. They were unable to rise up because of Saddam. It will turn out just like Somalia, watch.
Sadly I agree.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by ipozestu
I'd say Saddam was right. He had to rule with at iron fist. The people only recognize strength and weakness. All of these little groups were lurking around Iraq for the longest time. They were unable to rise up because of Saddam. It will turn out just like Somalia, watch.
But some have since Saddam left. The Kurds to the north are flourishing but you never hear about it except from a few respected freelance journalists actually there (Michael Yon, etc.). These areas are actually safe to roam and have a booming economy and infrastructure. Other areas would be in the same boat if it wasn't for the damn insurgency that keeps us from pulling-out. But yeah, it isn't looking good for Afghanistan either... I must admit... And yes, I do see your point.

Last edited by Salty; 06-07-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Anyone see the update on this? Courts Martial for him was the last I heard.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Good. It's obvious that he's trying to start a political career off of this. The man already has a booming website for crying out loud. His daddy is a politician as well.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by long5152
he enlisted and he raised his right hand and commited to that. the government should make an example out of him. we are there to protect our friends and family! if i dont go will you?
it doesnt matter what branch of military you are in. you committed to serve your nation. so why dont you follow through with that till your time is up. so suck it up and drive on.
who ever said that war will be friendly? stupids. you dont think people will die? think again its war!
f his beliefs and send this a** hole to levenworth!
we are protecting our friends and family.
i dont know about you, but i rather be speaking english than aribic!
all i got to say is
STAND BEHIND YOUR TROOPS AND SUPPORT THEM! IF NOT, THEN STAND IN FRONT OF THEM AND WE WILL SUPPORT YOU!!

HOOAH!!!
HOOOOAAH!!!! hell yeah!!! that "army officer" is a *****! don't sign the contract and not ever expect war! duh! i agree with you completly! thats why i'm enlisted in the United States Army!!!! and i do not want to be muslim and speaking arabic!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyle_RS
HOOOOAAH!!!! hell yeah!!! that "army officer" is a *****! don't sign the contract and not ever expect war! duh! i agree with you completly! thats why i'm enlisted in the United States Army!!!! and i do not want to be muslim and speaking arabic!
not doing much to kill the stereotype that the army is full of idiots.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 2005 impreza 2.5rs (sliver,5 speed manual, sports
Originally Posted by ftnssn
not doing much to kill the stereotype that the army is full of idiots.

haha yeah i know but i was just having fun! however i do think that if you sign up you don't have a choice and you shouldn't whine if you have to go do what you were trained for! like in any job your going to have to do stuff that you don't really agree with or like! but he did have a choice to sign up...so i don't think he should get any kind of attention, its like a garbage man saying i don't want to go to the bay area to pick up their gabage, EVEN though thats what he's paid to do! so i don't know i am just an army idiot

and how much of an idiot am i? because i want to serve my country and i'm not afraid to die doing what i believe is the right thing??? because i stand up for what i believe in and am doing something about it i'm an idiot??? interesting
Old 07-15-2006, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

what do you believe?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Maybe he'll be fragged by some of his fellow soldiers he has shamed.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:44 PM

Car Info: none
He is a disgrace to the uniform he wears and he is a disgrace to this nation. Lock him up at Leavonworth and throw away the key.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 2005 impreza rs
He, like so many of us, signed up to fight for the country he wants to protect. The problem is when you are already in and the new president is an idiot and wants to send Americans over seas to die for his selfish reasons. Even though I'm enlisted, I am still a person first and I am not going to fight for a cause that I don't believe in. All of this boiles down to what his motivation is. If he is scared to go then he's a punk and I don't want him in the Army anyway. If he doesn't believe in the cause, then good for him. As long as he excepts the responsibility and carries out his punishment, good for him for taking a stand.

Quick Reply: Hawaii soldier refuses to deploy to Iraq