Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Halliburton coverup: Raw sewage in drinking water

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:20 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Halliburton coverup: Raw sewage in drinking water

Halliburton ***** up again...and covers it up. Only the best for our troops, no?

AP via WP

<snip>For more than a year, Halliburton contractors at the US military base in Camp Junction City, near the Iraqi city of Ramadi, permitted troops and civilians to use contaminated water, the AP reports. The company's own water-treatment expert at the camp, Ben Carter, wrote in an incident report that "raw sewage is being routinely dumped upstream of intake" and the camp's water "is without question contaminated with numerous micro-organisms, including Coliform bacteria." Anothe former Halliburton hand, Ken May, claims a widespread incidence of diarrhea and stomach-cramping.

Needless to say, Halliburton's brass swung promptly into action. "They told me it was none of my concern and to keep my mouth shut," said Carter, who resigned last April in frustration. "They brushed it under the carpet. . . I told everyone, 'Don't take showers; use bottled water.' "

<bush appologist> But they're the only ones who can do the job </bush appologist>
Old 01-23-2006, 06:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Halliburton ***** up again...and covers it up. Only the best for our troops, no?

AP via WP

<snip>For more than a year, Halliburton contractors at the US military base in Camp Junction City, near the Iraqi city of Ramadi, permitted troops and civilians to use contaminated water, the AP reports. The company's own water-treatment expert at the camp, Ben Carter, wrote in an incident report that "raw sewage is being routinely dumped upstream of intake" and the camp's water "is without question contaminated with numerous micro-organisms, including Coliform bacteria." Anothe former Halliburton hand, Ken May, claims a widespread incidence of diarrhea and stomach-cramping.

Needless to say, Halliburton's brass swung promptly into action. "They told me it was none of my concern and to keep my mouth shut," said Carter, who resigned last April in frustration. "They brushed it under the carpet. . . I told everyone, 'Don't take showers; use bottled water.' "

<bush appologist> But they're the only ones who can do the job </bush appologist>
Dude, Halliburton found nothing wrong in its investigation! GOSH!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Heads need to roll for a **** up of this magnitude.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Heads need to roll for a **** up of this magnitude.
+10000000000000
Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Hey, they're the only company that can do this kind of work, remember?
Old 01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I think my stand on haliburton is pretty clear. However, I will add that the majority of the water over there is 100% potable. We were supposed to drink only bottled water, even when you stood in front of the bathroom sink and mirror to brush your teeth, you were supposed to use your bottle of water.

Now, the water that the dining facility uses is supposed to be, but again, I was under the impression that big blivets full of 100% potable was flown in for cooking purposes.

I'm not certain, though.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:56 PM

Wow, if this is true thats freaking messed up.