Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Gun Rights?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Gun Rights?

This is the precise reason for gun ownership.

Why would police actively disarm non criminal civilians during a disaster?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This is absolute bull****. More proof that NOPD is the worst force in the nation. And what cowards... notice every person interviewed doesn't look like lil'wayne and hotboys.

I have weapons I'd specifically take once **** hits the fan. And I plan on taking them to Paul's house so I can stand guard as he digs our massive fighting position.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Salty
This is absolute bull****. More proof that NOPD is the worst force in the nation. And what cowards... notice every person interviewed doesn't look like lil'wayne and hotboys.

I have weapons I'd specifically take once **** hits the fan. And I plan on taking them to Paul's house so I can stand guard as he digs our massive fighting position.
Who outranks who?
I made it to E-4.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

E5

But it's your land. I guess I'll have to help out.

At least the NG is sympathetic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8&NR=1

But not the ***** PD! Instead you get ******* "You're lucky we did it this way" remarks as they take away your protection. Did I say I hate cops as people because I really, really do and I’m sorry if that offends anyone here. After my sister's husband cheated on her (cop), I had to stop taking loans from cops that did the same things for personal reasons. I actually had that many requests come through. It was disgusting. It's like the uniform sucks away their morals and ability to be a non-*******.

I even confronted a young EG Officer recently at the deli who was clearly hitting on one of my 17yr old employees. I embarrassed the hell out of him and his married partner too.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Salty

Actually Salty those were not NOPD, most of whom went AWOL (or perhaps never existed in the first place. The ones seen Tackling that little old lady are your very own........ wait for it..... California Highway Patrol (You can see the patch in 1.17 of the Video.)

This happened alot closer than you realize, and the Bay Area is one serious quake, Rodney King beating or roving brown out away from similar results.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

You caught that little detail!

When they weren't shooting 'gators, they were stomping on old ladies.

BTW...any Leftists care to comment?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
This is the precise reason for gun ownership.

Why would police actively disarm non criminal civilians during a disaster?
Same reason they do it everywhere, the illusion of control. The only thing that stops criminals from robbing, raping, looting, etc. is an armed victim that refuses to be victimized. Police don't have the resources to be everywhere except maybe in NY City(at the expense of the residents liberties, NY City isa Police State). Banning guns gives the appearance that someone cares enough to do "something" about a problem by demonizing and then penalizing those most likely to cooperate (law abiding gun owners). This gives the mouth breathers something to satiate hunger for the "justice" they demand between American Idol and "The Bachelor", and gets crappy leftist(for the most part) politicians something to tout to the other crappy leftists during primary time.

Notice the democratic front runners both come from "Gun Free" crap-topias with notoriously high crime rates.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
I just want to state before i say anything that I support the ownership of weapons, and have registered guns in my home.

That being said, I don't think this video is highlighting the correct issue. The issue is not the loss of gun rights, but an abuse of "state of emergency". Now correct me if I am wrong, but these events did take place during a state of emergency, during which the Constitution is basically void.

I also like how the video made it seem that the police were going house-to-house with the mission of de-arming people, where in fact they were relocating people out of what was deemed a disaster zone.

The old lady did not need to get tackled, but you could tell from the video that something was clearly edited out of the film in between the frames where she presented the gun and then got tackled.

Also, this video is made and edited by the NRA, so its not quite objective and has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tizzo27
"justice" they demand between American Idol

Fox and their "American Idol" program have an equal if not higher fan base in red states.

Originally Posted by Tizzo27
Notice the democratic front runners both come from "Gun Free" crap-topias with notoriously high crime rates.
can you name these "crime ridden crap-topias" for me?

Last edited by spedmunki; 12-29-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by spedmunki
I just want to state before i say anything that I support the ownership of weapons, and have registered guns in my home.

That being said, I don't think this video is highlighting the correct issue. The issue is not the loss of gun rights, but an abuse of "state of emergency". Now correct me if I am wrong, but these events did take place during a state of emergency, during which the Constitution is basically void.

I also like how the video made it seem that the police were going house-to-house with the mission of de-arming people, where in fact they were relocating people out of what was deemed a disaster zone.

The old lady did not need to get tackled, but you could tell from the video that something was clearly edited out of the film in between the frames where she presented the gun and then got tackled.

Also, this video is made and edited by the NRA, so its not quite objective and has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Actually I got to see the original story, on the News before the NRA, decided to use it as a video. It was also on Youtube, before the NRA got to it. Either way It's pretty damn hard to spin 4 cops tackling a little old lady (creative editing aside)... The main issue to me is that you have thugs
out looting, and the local .govs response is to disarm peaceable citizens thus leaving them at the mercy of those who would do harm.

As far as Gun Free Craptopia's you have Barak Obama (Chicago(murder Capitol 05???) and Hillary Clinton (NY City--New York City is no longer a Huge Murder City, but they do also have the largest police force in the US. (Larger than some armies) Either one of those is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by Tizzo27; 12-30-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX TR
if you were a criminal, wouldn't you want your victims unarmed??? what about washington DC? Guns are illegal period and look at their murder rates. why don't people try to ban knives? maybe that would cut down on stabbings.

look at the prison system, that's a "gun free" environment.

Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 12-30-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Gun Ownership and Concealed carry are both legal in MI (Thank God) and Detroit is consistently one of the most dangerous cities in the nation. But it is Detroit....
Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

slightly dated, but most has not changed
Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

In my experience with LEO I think a lot of cops (not all) are satisfied with minimalist police work. I think they convince themselves they’re doing good by the book with mostly law biding citizens just so they can avoid the obvious problem makers that pose risks to them.

I can think of many times where cops made a big fuss with otherwise law biding citizens over something that was originally a careless mistake. And most of the time the citizens are trying to cooperate with law enforcement only to have them point-out that they’ve broken half a dozen codes and may spend the night in jail if they aren’t careful. It’s like they’re always trying to impress you with their power trip.

Recently at the deli some elderly man forgot to put his handicapped card on his rearview mirror. Of course half a dozen cops roll in with their A-game being loud as hell disrupting the customers and demanding who parked in the handicapped spot. The old man raises his hand from the corner table, chuckles and says, “Opps, I forgot that damn thing again! Haha” The ****ing police officers got in his face and sternly said, “We didn’t just hear that, sir… we didn’t just hear it!” Not sure if he was cited. ****ing cowards.

Last edited by Salty; 01-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think the full time highly paid law makers in california are as much of the problem as lazy police are if not more. The police are low man on the pole and just doing what they're told to do. Some are power mongers, *** holes, stuck up ******, etc. But there are a lot of great cops out there and this is coming from a guy that's had his run ins..haaa.

It's all the rediculous laws being passed by beuracrats trying to keep their highly paid jobs with insane benefits and tax payer paid expense accounts.

what was the topic again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun Rights?