Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Greensickle

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Greensickle

Is up and running here

Liberal or not, feel free to chime in whenever you feel the urge. At least bookmark it and say hello from time to time.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
nice looking site.

as far as the content, this piece in particular reeks of Republican op-ed bullsh!te

"We’re being invaded (and have been invaded) by a seemingly and relatively peaceful force for sometime now. Like it or not, our liberties as American citizens are being trampled by illegal immigrants in this silent war. It’s a problem I fear our Government is too spineless to take care of effectively..."

Silent war? The invasion began about 500 years ago. We live in a country built on immigration. I would love to be enlightened on the actual liberties that are being trampled.

At least I can rest assured knowing that this author will never hire a contractor to build or renovate his home, will never use a restroom that had been cleaned by an immigrant, will never buy produce picked by the sweat of illegals. As such, I know that this less intelligent person will get in the way of our progressive society.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by dub2w
At least I can rest assured knowing that this author will never use a restroom that had been cleaned by an immigrant
You are so racist.... so "immigrants" are only here to do labor, clean toilets, and pick produce? WAKE UP!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
nice looking site.

as far as the content, this piece in particular reeks of Republican op-ed bullsh!te

"We’re being invaded (and have been invaded) by a seemingly and relatively peaceful force for sometime now. Like it or not, our liberties as American citizens are being trampled by illegal immigrants in this silent war. It’s a problem I fear our Government is too spineless to take care of effectively..."

Silent war? The invasion began about 500 years ago. We live in a country built on immigration. I would love to be enlightened on the actual liberties that are being trampled.

At least I can rest assured knowing that this author will never hire a contractor to build or renovate his home, will never use a restroom that had been cleaned by an immigrant, will never buy produce picked by the sweat of illegals. As such, I know that this less intelligent person will get in the way of our progressive society.
I wouldn't use illegal work if I was aware of their "lack of documentation." I just wouldn’t feel comfortable. I would have no problem using the very same people for labor if they went through the proper channels to be here legally. Why is this so difficult? Coming here to pick pistachios is great and all but it doesn't balance out the burden on health care, education, infrastructure, security, criminal justice, and lack of contributions to taxes. I’d rather have all those things and pay more for my produce, thank you.

What these protesters are against is exactly what people have been afraid to do all along. Maybe it's time to step-up our game in this respect? Is the alternative amnesty? Like Paul said, if we grant amnesty then who's going to pick-up the slack on the work you feel immigrants are destined to do anyways? What has not had too much play in the media recently is the very large hispanic voice against the protesters. We need to hear more from the pbchiefs of this country.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
there is definitely a middle ground that needs to be found. shipping people who have lived here for decades to their native country is not prudent.

perhaps we could tax the companies and/or industries that employ illegal labor and gainfully benefit from it. that way, our economy would both benefit from the work production as well as have additional funds to supplement social factors
Old 04-11-2006, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

I agree that the problem lies in enforcement. In fact, I'll add something about this on my blog and encourage you to post your idea there as well. I'm not necessarily for the legislation currently going through the system. I am for it solely based on the fact it's step in the direction, albeit an abrupt one.