Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Is Google anti-military?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:35 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
It's pretty clear that Google is not anti-anything and that this is all being over-analyzed, but if Google where by some chance anti-military, it could have something to do with Bush demanding their search records.

Originally Posted by Salty
It's obvious that they have ignored or avoided Memorial Day, Armed Forces Day, and Veterans Day since 1999. Anyone care to enlighten me as to why?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:26 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
Happen to know that it does, again lamest gis drop ever.

Let me guess you are one of eric's pokey buddies from another forum?

Here to eradicate liberal scum!

haha you ****ing dumbasses, its high speed projectile interceptors such as yourself that make me chuckle.

You're a joke. Don't know Eric as anyone other than a moderator of this forum. Nice try though. I'm not here to do anything other than offer my opinion. I consider very few liberals scum. I don't posses your ability to see everything in black and white. I suggest you take your own advice about whining.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by spedmunki
It's pretty clear that Google is not anti-anything and that this is all being over-analyzed, but if Google where by some chance anti-military, it could have something to do with Bush demanding their search records.
Thats the thing, its not clear. They're not anti money, you can be sure that everything they do is aimed at keeping their stock rising for the immediate future.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Edit: Google, by your logic, is also anti-semetic, anti-Christian, anti-Muslim, anti-government, anti-grandparent, anti-environmental, anti-German/anti-beer (no Octoberfest banner), anti-science, anti-teacher, anti-bicycle, anti-secretary...
It's obvious that you didn't take the time to browse all the logos since 1999.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spedmunki
but if Google where by some chance anti-military, it could have something to do with Bush demanding their search records.
Please... Bush hasn't been asking for them since 1999 (when the holiday banners started). That was all publicity bull**** and an attempt to make him look worse. The information they requested was not user specific. Census bureau is more anti-privacy.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by deyes
You're a joke. Don't know Eric as anyone other than a moderator of this forum. Nice try though. I'm not here to do anything other than offer my opinion. I consider very few liberals scum. I don't posses your ability to see everything in black and white. I suggest you take your own advice about whining.

If you didnt see everything black and white you wouldnt try to paint me a certain color with a certain brush. So try smoking your own pole again, you will prob get that accomplished before you possess a single critical thought that was spawned by your own grey matter.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
It's obvious that you didn't take the time to browse all the logos since 1999.

Browsed them, didn't memorize them...whoops. I could edit mystatement like this though:Google, by your logic, is also anti-semetic, anti-Muslim, anti-grandparent, anti-German/anti-beer (no Octoberfest banner), anti-bicycle, anti-secretary....

It doesn't really matter though...the point is that there are a crap load of obsearvable holidays google doesn't do banners for, and not all of them are military holidays. So if you're saying that the lack of military-holiday-banners suggests that Google is anti-military, they must also be anti-lots of other things as well. Or maybe they're not anti-anything like I've been saying...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Browsed them, didn't memorize them...whoops. I could edit mystatement like this though:Google, by your logic, is also anti-semetic, anti-Muslim, anti-grandparent, anti-German/anti-beer (no Octoberfest banner), anti-bicycle, anti-secretary....

It doesn't really matter though...the point is that there are a crap load of obsearvable holidays google doesn't do banners for, and not all of them are military holidays. So if you're saying that the lack of military-holiday-banners suggests that Google is anti-military, they must also be anti-lots of other things as well. Or maybe they're not anti-anything like I've been saying...
It's not that simple... grandparents day, octoberfest, secretary days, boss day (etc) aren't even state or federal holidays (or holidays at all). Half of their logos are for days not even recognized on a calendar. I think these hallmark holidays you mention will eventually be honored with a logo just to spark interest with searchers in these topics. But the blatant disregard of two federal & state holidays (Veterans and Memorial Day) since 1999 seems deliberate, especially considering most all Google workers undoubtedly get this day off. What, no homage for two days off and the security behind our Constitution that makes your multi-million dollar business remotely possible? You'd think they'd be extremely thankful for this after given all the crap they're receiving from their Chinese market regarding free speech. Again, it seems deliberate. We'll see what they do on Monday.

As for anti-semetic and anti-Muslim, I think they avoid those because they're too controversial and have been for sometime (Israel and Palestine).

Last edited by Salty; 05-24-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:23 PM

If you want to talk about only federal holidays, then how about the presidential birthday holidays...is google also anti-founding father? The only national holidays we have are military, president birthday, or the 4th. So really...they only do one of those, and it's the one that encompasses all the others, the 4th of July. I seriously seriously doubt there is any anti-anything sentiment in the way Google decides to make their banners.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

http://www.google.com/doodle2.html

I guess they'll have to add some military logos to the Fourth of July logo this year.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:00 PM

If they really were anti-military, what are these doing here...

http://www.google.com/Top/Society/Military/

http://www.google.com/Top/Regional/N...ment/Military/

Last edited by MVWRX; 05-25-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Dude, The Google directory is run through DMOZ which is the 2nd largest directory on the net edited by average joes that volunteer to be editors. http://dmoz.org/help/become.html And because it's the 2nd largest directory on the net it would pretty much have to have a military directory.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:24 PM

Wink

Well, the anti-military Google people didn't block access to it did they...I mean...if they're ant-military and all...
Old 05-25-2006, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Christ

Your comparisons are so off topic. How about outlawing the search "military" or anything containing the word "military". Am I speaking your language now?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 PM

Hey man, you're the one with the paranoid delusions about some random internet search engine being anti-military...and you used to chastise the 'left' for reading too much into things and having conspiracy theories...

I didn't want to say it, I tried to show you nicely, but stop your bit**ing. Seriously. This attempt at painting Google 'blue' or anti-military or whatever the hell your motive is has really made you look like the whiners and bit**ers you complain about so often.

Quick Reply: Is Google anti-military?