Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

For Global Warming Skeptics

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
For Global Warming Skeptics

I am not on one side or the other, but I did get a laugh out of this one. I think next time they'll make sure to check the weather (channel ) before setting the meeting.

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM
HEARING NOTICE
Tue Feb 13 2007 19:31:25 ET

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

The hearing will be rescheduled to a date and time to be announced later.

DC WEATHER REPORT:

Wednesday: Freezing rain in the morning. Total ice accumulation between one half to three quarters of an inch. Brisk with highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Northwest winds around 20 mph.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by -j-
I am not on one side or the other, but I did get a laugh out of this one. I think next time they'll make sure to check the weather (channel ) before setting the meeting.

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM
HEARING NOTICE
Tue Feb 13 2007 19:31:25 ET

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

The hearing will be rescheduled to a date and time to be announced later.

DC WEATHER REPORT:

Wednesday: Freezing rain in the morning. Total ice accumulation between one half to three quarters of an inch. Brisk with highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to northwest 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Northwest winds around 20 mph.
Awesome... similar thing hapeened when Gore had one of these things... record low temps prompted them to change "warming" to "climate change." HAHAHAHAAH just awesome.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
oh noes! i still think that global warming can cause non-warming effects and other extreme weather.

Last edited by spedmunki; 02-14-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Global climate change is a fact, whether humans are here or not. There is no way to scientifically prove how much impact man is causing, though it is a fair hypothesis that we are having some miniscule impact on some factors such as CO2 levels, etc. It is also hard to quantify whether the net effect of man is positive or negative.

Who is Nancy Pelosi to say that a rise of sea level is bad, when a warming trend would free up 90% of the world's fresh water. Maybe this rise in sea levels is good for the planet and inevetable, but folks are fear-mongering on buried cities when we'll all be dead anyway, and our civilizations will be extinct long before it will happen anyway! 23 feet! 23 feet... ahhhhh godzilla!!!!!

As far as short-term solutions, I'm not for paving the rainforest by any means... I'm more in favor of dropping a couple neutron bombs over china (once we get all the hot chics out) HAHAHAH JOKING!.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 02-15-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by spedmunki
oh noes! i still think that global warming can cause non-warming effects and other extreme weather.
I'm curious as to how. I'd seriously like someone to explain it to me as i'm not a scientist. I was under the impression that trapped greenhouses gases caused things to warm-up. Can you or someone else explain how it can make a cold season with record breaking cold weather?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
I'm curious as to how. I'd seriously like someone to explain it to me as i'm not a scientist. I was under the impression that trapped greenhouses gases caused things to warm-up. Can you or someone else explain how it can make a cold season with record breaking cold weather?

The warmth melts ice cap water, which waters down the oceans...that leads to differntials in salinity from one part of the oceans to another. That leads to changing the flow of water around the planet, the major currents and such. That then leads to changing the flow of masses of air around the planet. Which leads to wacked out winters in certain areas and really hot summers in others....or both...depending on how the effects add up to affect the air and water circulation around the globe.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
The warmth melts ice cap water, which waters down the oceans...that leads to differntials in salinity from one part of the oceans to another. That leads to changing the flow of water around the planet, the major currents and such. That then leads to changing the flow of masses of air around the planet. Which leads to wacked out winters in certain areas and really hot summers in others....or both...depending on how the effects add up to affect the air and water circulation around the globe.
Where do you think all that frozen fresh water came from? Outer space? It was once naturally mixed with our oceans!

I say we restore the balance and melt the icecaps now!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM

While we're at it we can return the earth to it's original uninhabited state! Just think, a sulferous atmosphere, water over 95% of the earth's surface, magma surfacing out of every possible crack and crevis! It'd be great...
Old 02-15-2007, 02:59 PM

magma surfacing out of every possible crack and crevis! It'd be great...
Better than the insanity spewing out of liberals
Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STI
the sad thing is that back in 1975 California wanted to ban cars because "the CO2 emissions are going to cause extreme global cooling." Now they are trying to claim that "CO2 emissions are gonna cause global warming." MAKE UP YOUR MIND CALIFORNIA!!! I say it will cause neither. Humans and industry cause less than 3% of global CO2 emissions. The rest is naturally created on earth by nature.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by drumr78
the sad thing is that back in 1975 California wanted to ban cars because "the CO2 emissions are going to cause extreme global cooling." Now they are trying to claim that "CO2 emissions are gonna cause global warming." MAKE UP YOUR MIND CALIFORNIA!!! I say it will cause neither. Humans and industry cause less than 3% of global CO2 emissions. The rest is naturally created on earth by nature.

Bullshiit, site your source. The figure is MUCH higher than that.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by drumr78
my gf is from Womelsdorf...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
The Earth is accepted by scientists to be around 4.5 billion years old.

The original Farmer's Almanac since 1792

we didn’t have systematic satellite coverage of the world until about 1970

they started measuring with aircraft in the 1940s, the means of estimating wind speeds didn’t get really good until the late 1950s. And so we don’t have a very long record of this, and that’s what makes this kind of analysis difficult.

Some scientist (the real ones) say that we don’t have enough data yet to say whether or not global warming is intensifying tropical storms, that these recent heavy hurricane seasons are not due to global warming, they’re just part of a natural cycle.

bah global warming... yes its wierd but what do we know about this earth? in earth years we have only existed what amounts to a blink of an eye to this worlds age.

so for me screw the hippies and al gore! they know JACK SQUAT

/know it alls
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STI
Bullshiit, site your source. The figure is MUCH higher than that.

The article is in Smithsonian Magazine from a couple months ago. Not sure of the exact month.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 AM

According to the government humans have increased CO2 levels since the indusrial revolution by significantly more than that...
http://epa.gov/climatechange/emissions/co2.html

http://epa.gov/climatechange/index.html
read up.

Quick Reply: For Global Warming Skeptics