Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Global Warming...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
damn, im screwed im completely catless....
Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
MAN, finally, someone mentions this. Ok, the nice weather is GREAT, i LOVE IT, it makes me feel great, i go out and do things, but it's scary. It's getting HOT and it's just spring time, imagine summer...
btw, it is still winter.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by huck
btw, it is still winter.
no way! mtv is showing all those spring break shows. so its spring
Old 03-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Pixel Master

Car Info: 2006 WRX BLACK
Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
MAN, finally, someone mentions this. Ok, the nice weather is GREAT, i LOVE IT, it makes me feel great, i go out and do things, but it's scary. It's getting HOT and it's just spring time, imagine summer. we are really feeling the effects of global warming, and i really hope everyone can cut back on burning any more fuel. bike to the grocery store if it's close enough, take the bus, stop driving everywhere. RUN catted pipes for god's sake, it's not worth messing up the earth to get a few more hp. ok, everyone's thikning "but it's so little pollution compared to other people", well, atleast your doing something. everything counts. i bet as the weather gets unbearably hot, people WILL start trying to make a difference. i just hope it isn't too late.
Ever since gas went up I bike where possible. I also requested to work from home. Luckily my job allows that, I consider myself lucky cause I know most of us can't.

It's sad and scary, specially for middle society folks who can't afford air conditioners or benefits to take care of their health.
I love my subie, but am I going to need to trade it for a green car to do my part in cleaning up the earth???
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
Some scientist (the real ones) say that we don’t have enough data yet to say whether or not global warming is intensifying tropical storms, that these recent heavy hurricane seasons are not due to global warming, they’re just part of a natural cycle.

Show me a peer reviewed study in a major journal that says without dithering we we AREN'T causing global climate change.

For every one of those you can show me, I will show you 100 papers that disagree emphatically. Everyone of those are "REAL" scientists.

The scientific consensus is absolutely clear. Finding a few randoms that disagree doesn't make it an open question, it just means that you found some randoms. Let me introduce you to the 12 Galaxies guy on Market St sometime - he's a random too.

Last edited by mcowger; 03-16-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Pixel Master

I don't think we need scientific evidents that we are killing ourselves. If you live in the South Bay, get on 101 going North to SF and take a good look at what you'll see in the horizon, a nice thick green, brown, red-ish cloud hovering over the city. Have a look at it in the Summer time, it's crazy to think that we are submerged in that.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mcowger
Show me a peer reviewed study in a major journal that says without dithering we we AREN'T causing global climate change.

For every one of those you can show me, I will show you 100 papers that disagree emphatically. Everyone of those are "REAL" scientists.

The scientific consensus is absolutely clear. Finding a few randoms that disagree doesn't make it an open question, it just means that you found some randoms. Let me introduce you to the 12 Galaxies guy on Market St sometime - he's a random too.
im not saying we are or are not causing anything im just saying what do we know about this worlds climate cycles? and thats nothing. this earth 4.5 billion years old!!!! i just dont buy it...

but thats me and if you dont like it then F OFF haha
Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
im not saying we are or are not causing anything im just saying what do we know about this worlds climate cycles? and thats nothing. this earth 4.5 billion years old!!!! i just dont buy it...

but thats me and if you dont like it then F OFF haha

You make fun of 'know it alls', then you tell someone who's actually read the literature to F OFF...you are a hypocrit.

We know more about our impact on climate change than you (or anyone else who is incredulous of human caused global warming) can even imagine. The average person doesn't know very much, that doesn't mean 'we' as humans don't know much.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Pixel Master

Could it be this is a bunch of fake info like Y2K. Y2K, everyone was freaking out and buying left and right
Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by GilTsuby
Could it be this is a bunch of fake info like Y2K. Y2K, everyone was freaking out and buying left and right
Difference here is that Y2K was actually really a proble, but then it was relativly easy to fix. Not to mention that it was made larger by the media. here, the evidence is all in peer reviewed journals, which tend to tone down results, not hype them up.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
You make fun of 'know it alls', then you tell someone who's actually read the literature to F OFF...you are a hypocrit.

We know more about our impact on climate change than you (or anyone else who is incredulous of human caused global warming) can even imagine. The average person doesn't know very much, that doesn't mean 'we' as humans don't know much.
no one knows for SURE that we are impacting climate change... because like i stated before know one knows the earths climate cycles, because we havent been around long enough.

i know its hard to grasp the thought that this earth is about 4.5 billion years old and has been around before man but stop and think, hum 4.5 billion years and stone tools found in eastern England suggest that humans were there at least 700,000 years ago, and in that time this earth as had climate changes.

it wasnt always sunny and 70 in s.f.

now you can **** on this contest all you want ill be here giving a rats crack...
Old 03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I'd like to thank all of the Greenies, Tree huggers, and Prius driving hippies that go above and beyond to reduce thier carbon footprint so I don't have to feel so bad about increasing the size of mine.
A BIG FU TO GLOBAL WARMING!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I'd like to thank all of the Greenies, Tree huggers, and Prius driving hippies that go above and beyond to reduce thier carbon footprint so I don't have to feel so bad about increasing the size of mine.
A BIG FU TO GLOBAL WARMING!!!

This kind of insane stupidity is exactly why we go above and beyond. Ultimately, in 40 years when your children have permanent asthma because of your choices, I hope to be able to show you and them this post, and then go back to cleaning up the outdoors.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM

no one knows for SURE that we are impacting climate change... because like i stated before know one knows the earths climate cycles, because we havent been around long enough.

i know its hard to grasp the thought that this earth is about 4.5 billion years old and has been around before man but stop and think, hum 4.5 billion years and stone tools found in eastern England suggest that humans were there at least 700,000 years ago, and in that time this earth as had climate changes.

it wasnt always sunny and 70 in s.f.

now you can **** on this contest all you want ill be here giving a rats crack...
Obviously you do care, as you take the time to post. No one knows for sure that gravity is constant throughout the universe either - we go by scientific consensus. Are you going to challenge that too, just because we have yet to explore Alpha Centauri?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by mcowger
This kind of insane stupidity is exactly why we go above and beyond. Ultimately, in 40 years when your children have permanent asthma because of your choices, I hope to be able to show you and them this post, and then go back to cleaning up the outdoors.
That's not stupid, that's realistic. It's not my fault you were instilled with a guilty complex and given the idea that your life means something, let alone your "carbon footprint". My kids will be the ones laughing at yours for thinking they can save a planet. You wanna protest? Go to China.

Quick Reply: Global Warming...