Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Glad I'm not in Alabama...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Glad I'm not in Alabama...

DETROIT - Democrat John Kerry has a new campaign worker helping him drum up support in Alabama after hiring a woman who was fired for displaying the presidential candidate's bumper sticker on her car.
Kerry called Lynne Gobbell on Tuesday after reading a newspaper story describing how she had been fired last Thursday from her job packing cellulose insulation at a Moulton, Ala., plant.
Gobbell said her former employer had told her she could either work for him or Kerry. She said Kerry told her, "Let him know that as of today, you're working for John Kerry."
"He was proud of me for standing up for what I believe in," the newly employed, 41-year-old said of her quick phone call with the candidate.
Gobbell said Kerry didn't offer too many details about her new position. She will be helping the campaign and may be traveling a little as it gets closer to the election. _AP
Old 09-15-2004, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
I read that this morning, how insane. How can you think canning someone becasue they have a Kerry sticker on her car is okay?! It's not as though she had banners and stickers and ish in her office. Her boss is an f'n idiot and deserves to be taken out back and shot... well maybe not shot, but peed on or something. I strongly dislike bush, but if one of my employees has his sticker on their car, more power to them. To tell you the truth I don't even know where my co=workers park, let alone what kind of car they drive, and especially what stickers they have on it, I couldn't care less!

-Chris