Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Gaza Strip Pull-out begins

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The Gaza Strip Pull-out begins

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050815/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

NEVE DEKALIM, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - Prime Minister Ariel Sharon began his promised pullout from Gaza on Monday and threatened Palestinians with Israel's harshest response ever should they attack once settlers have been evacuated.

In a televised address coinciding with the start of the withdrawal, the Israeli leader told Gaza's 8,500 Jewish settlers he shared their pain but also understood the plight of the 1.4 million Palestinians in the coastal strip.

"We cannot hold onto Gaza forever. More than a million Palestinians live there and double their number with each generation. They live in uniquely crowded conditions in refugee camps, in poverty and despair, in hotbeds of rising hatred with no hope on the horizon," he said in the five-minute address.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I was watching CNN this afternoon while enjoying a sandwich & Dr Pepper.
Good thing my son knows the Heimlich, 'cause I nearly choked when a Palistinian leader named Abu Habbas or something like that said that "giving up Gaza isn't enough. We want all lands that are historicaly Palestinian given up."

Holy ****, hold on, 'cause the Arab-backed terrorism is far from over.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I almost choked when I read "strip" and "pull-out" in the same sentence.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
It had to be done.

What will really suck is when people are asked to move out of Jerusalem. They need to isolate Jerusalem by turning it into its own governing body. A “Papal-type” state similar to Vatican City. If any force is used in Jerusalem then everything will turn to instantaneous poop.

The key to this working is time, patience from the radicals (especially Hamas), and knowing how to handle the next step. I stress Hamas because most of them run the risk of losing a ton of money. Fighting Israel was how Arafat and his cronies stayed wealthy. That's real. The problem is that some of these extreme Palestinians may actually re-spark killing down the road based on their robot-like hatred toward Israelis. That’s childish and real as well.

Another key to making this work is to fix the slight unemployment problems associated with pull-outs of this size. According the news, there were supposedly 5000+ Israeli employers to numerous Palestinians in Gaza. Let's hope they took it among themselves to spot-promote one able Palestinian to take their place.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
It looks like the Jews that are leaving are practicing a scorched earth policy.
They're dozing houses & torching the debris.
There's no incetive for any Jewish business owner to turn the keys over to Palestinian as the Isreali gov't is paying a lot of money to those that have to be moved.
Nothing positive will come of this; the terrorists will keep killing Jews, Jews will still terrorists.
What will happen, now that the terrorists have a sea port, is a flood of weapons both into and more impotantly, out of the area.

And what type of weapon could be place into a shipping container, placed onto a ship, and taken to an American habor.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I almost choked when I read "strip" and "pull-out" in the same sentence.
Dang, you guys are too serious. Aren't you at least wondering why there aren't any strip clubs on the gaza strip? OK, that one wasn't even funny.