Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Gay Marriage...Absolute Bull****!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Superglue
Seems irrational to be be bothered by someone else's sexual preference or whom marries whom. Not accepting the concept is one thing, but to openly hate it is something else.
Why not? Look, my hatred toward the act of homosexuality (let's clarify that first - I do get along with those I've met) will never equate to physical harm. Never. And as said before, I do understand their rights as people. But why is open hatred toward homosexuality "something else"?

You know what else is "something else"... horse****54's elitist, everything can be solved if we all sing around the camp fire and hold hands attitude. It's crap. I'm tired of people pretending two gay men having ****-covered sword fights is acceptable. I can't stand the idea that I have in common the sacred bond of marriage with my wife with these people. It's disgusting.

My point is where's my right (and other's) to be disgusted by homosexuality to the point of hatred?

Last edited by Salty; 05-18-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Salty
You know what else is "something else"... horse****54's elitist, everything can be solved if we all sing around the camp fire and hold hands attitude. It's crap. I'm tired of people pretending two gay men having ****-covered sword fights is acceptable. I can't stand the idea that I have in common the sacred bond of marriage with my wife with these people. It's disgusting.
Dude, I have to ask: Why do you equate two gay guys having **** sex with the sacred bond of marriage you have with your wife?

For me, marriage isn't about banging my wife, it's about saying "Hey, I love you, and I'm ready to commit my life to you, and to us, to share with you those things great, awful and everything in between, until I can no longer." That's what marriage is to me, the act of of merging my life with someone I truly love, and intend to be selfless with.

IMO, with homosexual couples, they're looking for two things.

1. The official recognition of their union. I don't know what many people consider 'sacred', but I don't know what is more sacred than two people devoting their lives to each other.

2. The recognition by local, state and Federal governments of two people as a single entity, as well as being recognized in that fashion by banks, retailers, etc, and the legal rights that come with being 'married'.

For the record, as I am not religious, I am A-OK with making EVERY marriage (as we define it today, in regards to the ability to receive special rights from the government as married couples do) in to a 'civil union', and if you want to be 'married', make it a religious thing. That's fine with me, and I respect the wishes of people to have a religious ceremony, but I think we should recognize the act of a marriage as one of love and devotion to another person, and if necessary, separate the religious piece and the devotion and receipt of government benefits piece entirely.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by nachomc
For me, marriage isn't about banging my wife
If I thought Marriage was about banging my wife we be divorced for a week or two at a time.

My view on homosexuality isn't one of those things I feel the need to justify just like I don't give a damn about why someone may be for homosexuality or gay marriage. And I don't care what anyone assumes of me either... I think it's just wrong. Period.

Last edited by Salty; 05-18-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
If I thought Marriage was about banging my wife we be divorced for a week or two at a time.
No doubt
Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!

My view on homosexuality isn't one of those things I feel the need to justify just like I don't give a damn about why someone may be for homosexuality or gay marriage. And I don't care what anyone assumes of me either... I think it's just wrong. Period.
As wrong as it may sound, I'm sure gay people will tell you it's as natural as any other couple who's in love. Sure it's definitely against the norm, and many people find the idea of it pretty disgusting (myself included), but I don't hate anyone for it. They're just trying to live a happy life like anyone else.

As I was trying to say before, it' one thing to be disgusted or dislike it, but hate is a pretty deep emotion to have over something that has no bearing on your life. I don't know, maybe you'd feel different if you had a gay family member. That one was an eye opener even though most of us already assumed it.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I have zero issue with gay folks and I feel if they want to get married we don't have any right to "vote" on something like this. If voting was the case, well, we wouldn't have civil rights either, cause the majority back then were not for civil/equal rights for everyone. Possibly, if the vote was done completely by popular vote, as all votes should be, would mean that equal rights could possibly still be an issue today! (technically they still are)

So, the judges made the right decision in my view.

BUT, I do want the homosexual community to STOP BEING FLAMMIN' ALREADY!

Its like, dude, i know, i get it, you're gay... that's awesome, i'm totally happy for you... you don't need to remind me everytime we meet or you head out the into public.

I don't care, i think everyone should be treated equally, gay marriage? all good with me.

flammin' gay folks... tired of it. No need to act the stereotype. I know MANY gay folks who most people would NEVER know they were gay, simply because they don't go out there and force themselves onto others.