Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Forget Terrorism, China and Russia are the enemy.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Forget Terrorism, China and Russia are the enemy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6785287/

Unlike a few uninformed people believe, Russia's Military Might has never really gone away. They continue to generate military technology on Par and often more advanced than our own. China, too, has been aquiring technology through cash purchases from Russia, and often through technology theft as with their nuclear and missile technology from the U.S.

Russia and China each have military power that could easily match and or outmatch our own, and our recent military displays have given them too much knowledge into how we work (i.e. Sun Tzu's Art of War). Together, they would be able to wipe out our military, and they easily have enough manpower and resources to invade the U.S.

Anyone worried, or do you think they have no intention of using their resouces they've been building up?

Think we aren't outmatched? Just remember, we spent hundreds of thousands making a pen that could write in weightless conditions. The Russians used pencils.
We invented and created advanced technologies allowing Man to walk on the Moon. China steals technology and calls it their own.

I say we are screwed.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-05-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:15 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Just remember, we spent hundreds of thousands making a pen that could write in weightless conditions. The Russians used pencils.

Hahahaha, that's a great comparison (and reason to spend money on education instead of defense)...but the pens for space didn't cost that much to develop. All it took was a little pressure inside the ink cartridge.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
A little paranoid hella? Yeah, they could kick our ***, but won't unless we give them a reason to. So far we have given them plenty.

Yeah, if things keep going the way they do, with the collective beady eyed cowboy in charge - we'll get it right in the kisser.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Hahahaha, that's a great comparison (and reason to spend money on education instead of defense)...but the pens for space didn't cost that much to develop. All it took was a little pressure inside the ink cartridge.
Funny, it's the well educated that are sought out and killed after a communist invasion, as history has shown. I don't think human nature has changed in 30 years.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 AM

But if we were more educated as a whole, we'd beat any invasion that any communist country tried. Wars are won with education and technology.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 AM

But if we were more educated as a whole, we'd beat any invasion that any communist country tried. Wars are won with education and technology.
Huh? Are you in a partial coma?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 AM

Hi guys... sorry... my bad.

I forgot to mention China's butt buddy:
http://channels.aimtoday.com/news/st...23.htm&sc=1104
Old 01-05-2005, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Funny, it's the well educated that are sought out and killed after a communist invasion, as history has shown. I don't think human nature has changed in 30 years.
No it hasn't - Luckily our education program is so terrible that the uprising versus bush is minimal.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Huh? Are you in a partial coma?
Name a war where education and tech wasn't the largest factor.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 AM

Name a war where education and tech wasn't the largest factor.
Civil War, World War 1, World War 2, Korean War, Vietnam, Desert Storm II, etc.

The only war that was clearly won by technology and war related education was Desert Storm.

Are you talkin education Sun Tzu style, or sitting in a classroom getting a technical degree while your future job is getting outsourced?

If education and technology will win the wars of the future, we are screwed indeed. China is educated in the Art of War, and in the contemporary scholastic arts.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:05 PM

Ok you got me on the civil war...
But WWI and II were won with inovative strategies, better guns and tanks, and excellant naval abilities (which I attribute to education and tech). Korea was because of better equipment in the snow. Vietnam we didn't win...and they won because they used smarter tactics than us. Desert Storm (and everything else in Iraq) was won because we had WAY superior air power, which I attribute to tech.
I agree that we are screwed in the future...unless we import all the brain power from other countries to design our military tech stuff...and if we do that we'll have bigger problems than war.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I've been saying for a long time that we should invade China.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Ok you got me on the civil war...
But WWI and II were won with inovative strategies, better guns and tanks, and excellant naval abilities (which I attribute to education and tech). Korea was because of better equipment in the snow. Vietnam we didn't win...and they won because they used smarter tactics than us. Desert Storm (and everything else in Iraq) was won because we had WAY superior air power, which I attribute to tech.
I agree that we are screwed in the future...unless we import all the brain power from other countries to design our military tech stuff...and if we do that we'll have bigger problems than war.
No.
The Germans (in both WWs), for the most part, had far superior weapons than the US.
What they didn't have was quantity.
Also, the procurement method used by the German Armament Ministry didn't promote the best/most promising weapon systems, but rather the system that had the better **** "champion" pushing it.

It's a well accepted fact/theory that had the Germans been able to closely match us in production, I'd be a lampshade or a bar of soap.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:22 PM

I completely disagree with this. Many of the best minds and innovation come from our shores, and our technology is constantly stolen by other nations.

Don't forget where the technology and educational priciples and knowledge that equate to "talent" come from.

edit-
I think we need to change the value of education of our own people. Our local schools are filled with immigrants while locally born "natives" work low-paying service jobs.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 01-05-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oaf
No.
It's a well accepted fact/theory that had the Germans been able to closely match us in production, I'd be a lampshade or a bar of soap.
With so much manufacturing moving off shore, I wonder how our domestic manufacturing would cope in case of another world war.

Quick Reply: Forget Terrorism, China and Russia are the enemy.