i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Fair termination? What do you think? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/fair-termination-what-do-you-think-105444/)

IS2Scooby 07-15-2005 01:13 AM

Fair termination? What do you think?

[quote]HOUSTON -- When Bassam Khalaf raps, he's the Arabic Assassin. His unreleased CD, "Terror Alert," includes rhymes about flying a plane into a building and descriptions of himself as a "crazy, suicidal Arabic ... equipped with bombs."

Until last week, Khalaf also worked as a baggage screener at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.[/quote]

HELL YES.

[url]http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/wire/sns-ap-music-terror-rapper,0,4711083,print.story?coll=sns-ap-music-headlines[/url]

HellaDumb 07-15-2005 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=IS2Scooby]HELL YES.
[/QUOTE]

This is all we need... another wonderful roll model for our corruptable youth....

FW Motorsports 07-15-2005 10:29 AM

Five bucks says the ACLU will represent this pos.
Just so you know what the enemy looks like:
[img]http://fileserv8.soundclick.com/images/a/band/arabicassassin.jpg[/img]

MVWRX 07-15-2005 10:35 AM

He should have been fired because of his proximity to airplanes. But not censored. He's got a point about Eminem...a white boy sings about blowing up buildings and says f*** you to Bush and it's a top seller. An arabic guy does the same and he gets fired and starts a controversy. Say what you want about profiling or whatever, dude desearves to rap what he wants.

FW Motorsports 07-15-2005 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]He should have been fired. But not censored. He's got a point about Eminem...a white boy sings about blowing up buildings and says f*** you to Bush and it's a top seller. An arabic guy does the same and he gets fired and starts a controversy.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.
The only, and very weak, defense I can offer is that we are presently fighting suicidal followers of Islam, and not White Trash Suburbanites.

MVWRX 07-15-2005 10:41 AM

True...although some in congress might say that they're at war with today's counter-culture society also.

EricDaRed81 07-15-2005 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]He should have been fired because of his proximity to airplanes. But not censored. He's got a point about Eminem...a white boy sings about blowing up buildings and says f*** you to Bush and it's a top seller. An arabic guy does the same and he gets fired and starts a controversy. Say what you want about profiling or whatever, dude desearves to rap what he wants.[/QUOTE]But eminem didn't work at a place where he had everyday access to the president. This guy did a very stupid thing. He should have just got on an airplane and yelled "bomb!"

VIBEELEVEN 07-15-2005 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=EricDaRed81]But eminem didn't work at a place where he had everyday access to the president. This guy did a very stupid thing. He should have just got on an airplane and yelled "bomb!"[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

MVWRX 07-15-2005 02:16 PM

Bagage handlers at an airport in Houston have daily access to the President? That's news to me...

I understand the point that this guy had access to planes. BUT Eminem does too. He could buy his own if he wanted. To be honest, of the two (an arabic wanabe rapper from Houston that handled baggage for a living or a uber-rich white rapper with a penchant for evil and access to anything he can afford which is everything), I'd be a lot more worried about Eminem than this guy.

jvick125 07-15-2005 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]He should have been fired because of his proximity to airplanes. But not censored. He's got a point about Eminem...a white boy sings about blowing up buildings and says f*** you to Bush and it's a top seller. An arabic guy does the same and he gets fired and starts a controversy. Say what you want about profiling or whatever, dude desearves to rap what he wants.[/QUOTE]
agreed

jvick125 07-15-2005 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Bagage handlers at an airport in Houston have daily access to the President? That's news to me...

I understand the point that this guy had access to planes. BUT Eminem does too. He could buy his own if he wanted. To be honest, of the two (an arabic wanabe rapper from Houston that handled baggage for a living or a uber-rich white rapper with a penchant for evil and access to anything he can afford which is everything), I'd be a lot more worried about Eminem than this guy.[/QUOTE]
I don't think Eminem is stupid enough to do something like that. He has come too far in his life to throw it all away to something like that. He'll just wait for the next election and speak out again.

VIBEELEVEN 07-15-2005 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=jvick125]I don't think Eminem is stupid enough to do something like that. He has come too far in his life to throw it all away to something like that. He'll just wait for the next election and speak out and repulse voters to vote for the other canidate again.[/QUOTE]

Fixed ;)

MVWRX 07-15-2005 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=jvick125]I don't think Eminem is stupid enough to do something like that. He has come too far in his life to throw it all away to something like that. He'll just wait for the next election and speak out again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definatly agree. I was just pointing out that he's just as (if not more) suspicious in regards to terrorist activity than this no-name Houstonian who we probably never should have heard of.

EricDaRed81 07-15-2005 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Bagage handlers at an airport in Houston have daily access to the President? That's news to me...[/QUOTE]Nice spin jackhole :)

I'd be way more worried about someone putting things onto planes everyday then a guy that sits in his mansion watching TV or is recording another song.

jvick125 07-15-2005 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Yeah, I definatly agree. I was just pointing out that he's just as (if not more) suspicious in regards to terrorist activity than this no-name Houstonian who we probably never should have heard of.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say Eminem is just as suspious, he's just voicing his opinion in a way where millions of fans and radio listeners can hear it.

This no-name probably just wanted to do the same. But he should have thought about it some more.