Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Doctor gets kicked off flight for muslim prayers.. interesting jihadwatch.com article

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Doctor gets kicked off flight for muslim prayers.. interesting jihadwatch.com article

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/012793.php

tidbit:
"August 21, 2006
Muslim doctor wants apology from U.S. airline
If he gets what he wants from United, it will send the signal that passenger concerns about Muslim passengers will not be tolerated. And our guard against genuine jihad terrorists will be that much lowered. From CBC News, with thanks to F"
Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I’m tired of people being slammed for profiling - a tool sewn into our very DNA. It sucks that a supposed non-violent Muslim got profiled but what the hell did he expect? He could have done it silently... if there's one thing the almighty Allah is capable of doing, i'd hope he'd be able to listen to your inaudible blabbing.

What blows my mind is that many legitimately peaceful Muslims have grown extremely tired and regretful of what terrorists have done to their good name. I know a couple of them. But when some jackass gets profiled he doesn't blame the terrorist *******s that sullied his name. Instead, it's our fault for being safe rather than sorry. The man should be upset about the outcome but should also be understanding at the same time. It's a scam.

And the racial card is bull****. I would be more suspect of a scruffy white guy wearing a Viva la Che shirt doing the same thing.

Last edited by Salty; 08-23-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Even if the profiling of someone praying did work (which there is no proof of), it is in direct and clear violation of the first amendment. Anyone can pray in anyway at anytime in this country, it's dispicable of anyone to try to defend the action of United in this case. This guy WILL win the law suit, and rightfully so. Unless you want to change the first amendment (or maybe if you are brainless enough to think it should be a conditional amendment), you have to agree.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Even if the profiling of someone praying did work (which there is no proof of), it is in direct and clear violation of the first amendment. Anyone can pray in anyway at anytime in this country, it's dispicable of anyone to try to defend the action of United in this case. This guy WILL win the law suit, and rightfully so. Unless you want to change the first amendment (or maybe if you are brainless enough to think it should be a conditional amendment), you have to agree.
I hope a mosque puts up a loudspeaker in your neighborhood and starts blasting friday prayers. Ok, I'm full of crap, but do you get my point? The first amendment is limited when it's reasonable to assume people will suffer anxiety and distress from the action. You cannot say "b o m b" on an airplane, and you shouldn't be able to say things that terrorists say when killing infadels.

That's as insane as suing an airline for not letting you use your prayer rug while the seatbelt sign was lit.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:32 PM

I disagree; it's unfortunate that terrorists use similar prayers as non-terrorist Muslims, but you can't disallow someone from practicing their religion peaceful just because of other people's perception of that religion. It's strictly unconstitutional.

And the prayer loud speakers break laws that have nothing to do with religion; you can't blast anything over loud speakers in a town unless you have special permission (for a HS football game or whatever), so that's very different.

If an old lady is allowed to say hail marys on a plane during take off, them Muslims can say whatever prayer they want. I agree that it might make some uncomfortable, but it's one of the most basic rights we have in this country...moreso its one of the reasons people started this country.

I also saw a presentation by a head of Isreali defense that explained that profiling in all forms is misleading and dangerous for the profiler. They have a system of evaluating actions and things like perspiration, eye movement, nervous ticks, etc...that have proven far better for identifying potential threats.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Was this guy just stupid? Considering current worldly events, why would you start praying to Ahlah on a mother f***ing plane? Lets be real here and stop the PC crap. If I'm on a plane and someone in the seat next to me starts praying to Ahlah....out loud....like I'm not even in the seat right next to him...I just might ask him if he's thinking about blowing the plane up and dedicating this event to Alah.

I'm sure the good doctor knew exactly what he was doing when he pulled this stunt.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Honestly, If you are religious you can have whatever beliefs you want but DO NOT impose them on me. I'm not much on religion and if you wanna pray you can, BUT if I hear it I will tell you to shut the hell up. I don't want to hear all the crap about God spewing from your *** catcher. If a stupid heathen like myself is curtious enough to respect your religion and not say bad language and act polite when in your presence then you should also have enough respect for me and not pray loud enough for me to hear. Thank you. I don't pray to satan while christians are sitting next to me and I am sure they would say something in a heartbeat about me praying so as far as I'm concerned shut the hell up and pray silently.

So, to all the religious people...I do not mean to offend
Old 08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
so just because someone prayed on an airplane...hes a terrorist? I'm sure everyone one of you has said the same thing a serial killer has said before, but guess what....that doesnt make you a serial killer, now does it?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM

They didn't tell him to shut up, they threw him off the plane and caused him to have to take a flight the next day...and didn't reimburse him for the extra costs involved. Read the damn article before you run your e-mouths please.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
He should be compensated for his expenses and loss of time nothing more.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

someone has different beleifs and ways of life than you do....OMFG!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! whats that? he was of the same religion that has mentally unsound members with erratic and harmful behavior? you mean christianity? huh? muslim? if you agree with what the airline company did, you need to open your minds and jump off the bandwagon of whats cool to hate now. Just because he was muslim doesnt mean hes a terrorist. It was a white guy that bomed in oklahoma. its bible thumping christians that harrass african american people in the south. Go ahead and fear muslims because they are "terrorists" but you must then fear everyone because someone that shares something in common with them has done bad stuff too. please look up the term "post-hoc fallacy"
Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
the worst thing is that there are violent and non violent people in every religion. The one reason that makes Muslims such a target is that they express that they do what they do for there belief in religion and for there God. The guy should not have done his prayer on the plane just as I should not start praying out loud on a plane. He should not have been kicked off for that doing it though. They should have told him to stop and maybe searched him to ensure he was clean. Overall it was a bad move and now its going to make it that much harder for security to do there job because there is a huge caution flag that is going to be up because we dont want to hurt someones feelings. People get to upset about crap and need to realize that profiling is going on and if you do something like that your going to be a target.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Your right you must be weary of everyone, hence the reason my 3y.o. has to take off his shoes at airport security. He was inconvenienced for his decision.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

inconvenienced for his decision to wear shoes?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

agreed

Quick Reply: Doctor gets kicked off flight for muslim prayers.. interesting jihadwatch.com article