i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Democrats Inflaming Racial Tensions Again (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/democrats-inflaming-racial-tensions-again-75966/)

njc200 10-13-2004 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=BlingBlingBlue]This is a very interesting thread with HellaDumb on my ignore list. LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly thinking about putting HellaDumbass on my ignore list too, because after all of this debate, with all of these people agreeing that there is definite racism going on, he still doesn't get it.

Its like trying to reason with a parrot who can only hear Republican voices. He doesn't get what you're saying and only repeats what he hears on the Factor.

njc200 10-13-2004 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Which part?:

1) Florida's blacks can't vote properly (majority of improper ballots)
2) Improper votes are not counted
3) Democrats blame Republicans for disenfranchising black voters
[/QUOTE]

1. Of course they can't vote properly. They aren't being allowed to vote at all.
2. See Above
3. It helps to have the head of your presidential campaign in Florida be the head of the vote-counting in the state, which, oh by the way your brother is the Governor of. Republicans have a history of disenfranchising voters in this state.

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]..the majority of improperly filled out ballots were from black voters...not the majority of black voters voted improperly...big difference, and saying that "Florida's blacks vote improperly" is completely foolish. A statement like that CANNOT ever be proven true because of the huge numbers of people involved. So calling it a fact is just plain wrong...I'm not arguing against facts, I'm arguing against your opinion that, for some reason, you believe is factual. And I'm sorry about your aunt and uncle, it sounds like they have some major issues to work out.[/QUOTE]

So you're arguing over semantics... you know what the hell I meant. You know I didn't mean all blacks, but just the majoity of improperly filled out ballots were from black voters.

Saying "Florida's blacks vote improperly" is like calling Republicans racists for the disproportunate # of black voters who improperly filled out ballots!

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=njc200]I'm honestly thinking about putting HellaDumbass on my ignore list too, because after all of this debate, with all of these people agreeing that there is definite racism going on, he still doesn't get it.

Its like trying to reason with a parrot who can only hear Republican voices. He doesn't get what you're saying and only repeats what he hears on the Factor.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Hear no Evil, See no Evil, and Speak no Evil. Ignorance is bliss!

I hope you aren't calling me a racist by the way (I'm simply re-stating the facts in the article).

MVWRX 10-13-2004 02:12 PM

Helladumb...I do know what you meant...you meant to say that people who are African-Americans and that live in Florida shouldn't count in the election because they are too uninteligent to vote properly...right?!?!?! That is your main point as far as anyone can tell by your posts. Not only that, but you also meant to say that Republicans aren't racist because they just ignore African-Americans instead of helping them vote properly. RIGHT B****!?!
And that's why I'm calling you out, because saying something like that should be punishable by castration followed by disection using child-proof scissors. B****

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=MVWRX]Helladumb...I do know what you meant...you meant to say that people who are African-Americans and that live in Florida shouldn't count in the election because they are too uninteligent to vote properly...right?!?!?! That is your main point as far as anyone can tell by your posts. Not only that, but you also meant to say that Republicans aren't racist because they just ignore African-Americans instead of helping them vote properly. RIGHT B****!?!
And that's why I'm calling you out, because saying something like that should be punishable by castration followed by disection using child-proof scissors. B****[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying, beside the obvious facts you are a fricken idiot, is that democrats have created racism frenzy because a disproportionate # of democrats and blacks cannot correctly vote, while republicans (including black republicans) don't seem to have a problem USING THE SAME EQUIPMENT.

It's likely true that whatever personality disorder, lack of education, etc would cause you to vote for the democratic ticket may also be responsible for an inability to complete voter forms. If the majority of blacks vote democrat and I don't side with the politics of most blacks, does that make me a racist?

So who's inflaming racial tensions? Me or the democrats? I didn't write the article.

I'm not a racist. I'm a "partyist."

By the way, I like Denzel Washington and Bill Cosby, while I abhor Danny Glover.

njc200 10-13-2004 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]
I'm not a racist. I'm a "partyist."
[/QUOTE]

You're a jackass.

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=njc200]You're a jackass.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's a fact.

njc200 10-13-2004 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Yes, that's a fact.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that made me laugh HellaDumb, good one. lol

MVWRX 10-13-2004 02:47 PM

Democrats in Florida didn't start a racial tension frenzy, they pointed out something that happened. And there's no data in the article to suggest that in the areas with high numbers of dems and high numbers of blacks that the republicans didn't have trouble too; there were just much fewer of them. To top it all off, the article doesn't even insight racial tension, as you suggest it does, it only reports on the fact that in Florida a high number of black voters were excluded from voting in 00 and it looks like it will happen again in 04. The article also points out that the people responsible for there being a fair vote in Florida are republicans. That's all.

Unregistered 10-13-2004 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]So you are saying that the election chief is responsible for a higher proportion of mistakes by blacks versus other ethnicities on the same voting equipment? Nice try.

Where was the NAACP months back when something could have been done? This is simply a ploy by the democrats to call replublicans racist.[/QUOTE]

"But these new, inexperienced voters were more likely than their white counterparts to live in areas with outdated, error-prone machinery that did not give voters a chance to correct problems."

Did you ENTIRELY miss that section?!!?! It states RIGHT there that their WHITE counterparts GOT UPDATED machinery while THEY DID NOT. Its not that hard to grasp that. And it just happens that the guy that runs that stuff is a REPUBLICAN. Wow what a hard transition to make.

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered]"But these new, inexperienced voters were more likely than their white counterparts to live in areas with outdated, error-prone machinery that did not give voters a chance to correct problems."

Did you ENTIRELY miss that section?!!?! It states RIGHT there that their WHITE counterparts GOT UPDATED machinery while THEY DID NOT. Its not that hard to grasp that.[/QUOTE]

Any intelligent human being knows that the difference between the machinery is a red herring. I don't know if you paid attention to all the noise after the last election, as it turned out that millions of voters in other states were using the same "outdated or whatever" equipment without issue.

It's race baiting, plain and simple.

Unregistered 10-13-2004 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]What I'm saying, beside the obvious facts you are a fricken idiot, is that democrats have created racism frenzy because a disproportionate # of democrats and blacks cannot correctly vote, while republicans (including black republicans) don't seem to have a problem USING THE SAME EQUIPMENT. [/QUOTE]

WRONG. As was stataed in the article YOU posted.

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]It's likely true that whatever personality disorder, lack of education, etc would cause you to vote for the democratic ticket may also be responsible for an inability to complete voter forms. If the majority of blacks vote democrat and I don't side with the politics of most blacks, does that make me a racist?[/QUOTE]

Difference is the Democrats try to help them to get it right and help them out instead of doing NOTHING and making things worse.

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]So who's inflaming racial tensions? Me or the democrats? I didn't write the article. [/QUOTE]

You, you proved it in how you saw the article. The article BACKS what the Democrats are saying. The REPUBLICAN is making things extreemly diffucult for their votes to count. Might want to re-read the article.

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]I'm not a racist. I'm a "partyist."

By the way, I like Denzel Washington and Bill Cosby, while I abhor Danny Glover.[/QUOTE]

If your not racist then why do you use such terms when talking about "them"? Honestly I doubt your racist but you do nothing to further your case by saying these things. Also the ones increasing the racial tensions is showen to be the REPUBLICAN in this case. READ THE ARTICLE......

Unregistered 10-13-2004 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Any intelligent human being knows that the difference between the machinery is a red herring. I don't know if you paid attention to all the noise after the last election, as it turned out that millions of voters in other states were using the same "outdated or whatever" equipment without issue.

It's race baiting, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Proof of this? Why is it race baiting as was stated in the article and in the past that more than any other race their votes where not counted. After the election had they counted the legitment ones Gore would of won.

HellaDumb 10-13-2004 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Proof of this? Why is it race baiting as was stated in the article and in the past that more than any other race their votes where not counted. After the election had they counted the legitment ones Gore would of won.[/QUOTE]
Only the legit ones were counted per election law.