Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Damn Uncle Sam

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Damn Uncle Sam

According to my end of year payslip, after taxes and deductions (401K, Kaiser, Delta Dental, and Stock Purchase Plan)I ended up taking home 69% of my gross earnings.. : ( And the bad part is I dont even make that much. I couldnt imagine if I were rich.

Share your pain or call me a whiney ****, it just sucks looking at the numbers.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
it sucked being a waiter when i was one. i would look at a paycheck's gross amount of like 450 bucks and id walk away with like $190 net.. i couldnt believe it. and my tips at that place werent even that good because dinner at this restaurant wasnt the prime time to work.. so i walked away with like 550 bucks every two weeks with wage and tips.. people in commission/incentive based jobs, and tip based jobs get taxed out the ***.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
my net was only 65% of my gross
Old 01-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
death and taxes... only two sure things in life.

hey matt are you gonna be at mpj this week or something? i saw a 'matt' on the board when i was there today.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Yeah at GB, dropping my car off Thurs evening for a clutch install, flywheel resurface and install steering rack bushings. Ive had the bushings for ages and decided I'll probably never put them in myself.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by subie OCD
....I ended up taking home 69% of my gross earnings.. : ( And the bad part is I dont even make that much. I couldnt imagine if I were rich.
If you were rich you'd have deductions exemptions and deferrments and you'd be taking home a higher percentage than you do now.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by psoper
If you were rich you'd have deductions exemptions and deferrments and you'd be taking home a higher percentage than you do now.
Or most likely funnelling monies through real estate and paying 0 taxes. I would like to do that some day.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by Yin
death and taxes... only two sure things in life.
Only one, actually. And that's death. If you're speaking of federal and state income tax (which aren't even taxes to begin with), you can be a declared non-tax-payer.

Last edited by slvrsubywgn; 01-07-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
I am a declared non-taxpayer.
Let us know how that's going when they catch up with you OK?

Maybe you'll get to share a cell with a rock star...

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kouri/jim35.htm
Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper
Let us know how that's going when they catch up with you OK?

Maybe you'll get to share a cell with a rock star...

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kouri/jim35.htm
Actually, if you knew the law well enough you, too, would understand. There is no place where it states that you or I am a taxpayer and you or I am liable. Look it up, the info is there, you'll see for yourself.

Originally Posted by newswithviews
...five counts of tax evasion and one count of willful failure to file a tax return ...
And although I don't neccessarily agree with them throwing him in jail, according to law, he was guilty. The difference is, you can file with them so you are not failing to file, and you would not be evading anything because you do not owe them one dime. And they cannot prove that you do, because you have no contract with them. It goes back to the fact that you can be a declared non-taxpayer and you are not liable.

Last edited by slvrsubywgn; 01-07-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:06 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
Actually, if you knew the law well enough you, too, would understand. There is no place where it states that I am a taxpayer and I am liable. Look it up, the info is there, you'll see for yourself.

And although I don't neccessarily agree with them throwing him in jail, according to law, he was guilty. The difference is, I filed with them so I am not failing to file, and I am not evading anything because I do not owe them one dime. And they cannot prove that I do, because I have no contract with them. It goes back to the fact that I am a declared non-taxpayer and I am not liable.

some funny stuff. Are you willing to let an IRS special agent come to your house?
Old 01-06-2006, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

Ofcourse. They don't scare me. They already have.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:13 AM

Your profile says you were born in 1985? Either you never made enough to file or you don't work. Thats probably why you say you are a declared non tax payer. None of the crack pots have gotten away with not paying taxes on income earned that I know of.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STIdevildog
Your profile says you were born in 1985? Either you never made enough to file or you don't work. Thats probably why you say you are a declared non tax payer. None of the crack pots have gotten away with not paying taxes on income earned that I know of.
I know there aren't many people that have done it, but it's right in the law, plain and clear, if you know what you're looking for. And it's not "getting away" with anything, if that were the case that would mean that I owed them something. If anything, they are "getting away" with taking your money, but then again, it's a voluntary compliance system, and most people don't understand that.

I was homeschooled and was ready to graduate from highschool when I was 14 years old, so I got a good headstart on things, in today's standards.

P.S. For those of you that do not know about the voluntary compliance part of your federal and state income tax, here's what it says right on the front cover of the IRS Handbook for Special Agents...

Originally Posted by IRS Handbook for Special Agents
"AGENTS...Our tax system is based on individual self assessment and voluntary compliance...the material contained in the handbook is confidential in character. It must not under any circumstances be made available to persons outside the service."
Mr. Mortimer Caplin, Internal Revenue Commissioner

Last edited by slvrsubywgn; 01-06-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:51 AM

So you do file state and fed and pay your portion?

My wife laughed when she read this because she remembers some guy lost this case last year. If you hold a california drivers license as you do you will lose in court for ca state taxes. From there they work back and if you are a registered voter you are also finished by both the federal and state as the ways its defined by law.

Quick Reply: Damn Uncle Sam