Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Coming Soon! Suicide Bombers!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Coming Soon! Suicide Bombers!

How is this America's fault?

Suicide Bomb Teams Sent to U.S., Europe

Originally Posted by CBS Article
Large teams of newly trained suicide bombers are being sent to the United States and Europe, according to evidence contained on a new videotape obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com.

Teams assigned to carry out attacks in the United States, Canada, Great Britain and Germany were introduced at an al Qaeda/Taliban training camp graduation ceremony held June 9.

A Pakistani journalist was invited to attend and take pictures as some 300 recruits, including boys as young as 12, were supposedly sent off on their suicide missions.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I've been dealing with this stuff on deployments for a while now. I can't believe I might have to worry about it while I'm going to the movies or at a football game now.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Tactically it would be a bad move on the part of terrorists to carry out more attacks here. We're totally fractured at this point over the war and all things associated with it. Even one suicide bombing on US soil would instantly catalyse a major uniting of Americans back to being supportive of military measures overseas agaisnt Al-Qaeda.

Put it this way. Let's say that on September 11th, 2001 events had gone a little differently. President Bush comes on the television at 9 am EST and says "Guess what America? Today we arrested a couple dozen terrorists who were going to hijack airliners and use them as guided missiles on attacks here in America, with targets including the Pentagon, the White House, and the World Trade Center. Now, please watch as we bomb the **** out of the people who tried to pull this off."

Like today, the country would go crazy over whether or not the new war was justified, moral, etc.

Same for this scenario. If suicide bommbers attack Americans within our border, most of the bickering and arguing about the war on terror goes away, and the military gets more backing, funding etc. for killing Al-Qaeda. If they leave us alone, we keep shooting ourselves in the feet and/or stop fighting altogether eventually.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
You make an excellent point. I think another thing worthy of mention is the case of Afghanistan pre-9/11. It was the pinnacle training grounds for al Qaeda which Bin Laden then exported all over the world. Omar (leader of the Taliban) was very opposed to any attacks on the U.S. as he knew we would retailate and end what was an Islamic state and training ground for terrorists world wide. Another attack would do little more than give us easy access to more training grounds in Iran, Lebanon, etc... that would debase anti-American efforts greatly. The insurgency sees Iraq much the same as they saw Afghanistan during the Russian campaign, as a place to fulfill their duty of "jihad" for the sake of the "umma" (Islamic people).
Old 06-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Kevin M
Tactically it would be a bad move on the part of terrorists to carry out more attacks here. We're totally fractured at this point over the war and all things associated with it. Even one suicide bombing on US soil would instantly catalyse a major uniting of Americans back to being supportive of military measures overseas agaisnt Al-Qaeda.

Put it this way. Let's say that on September 11th, 2001 events had gone a little differently. President Bush comes on the television at 9 am EST and says "Guess what America? Today we arrested a couple dozen terrorists who were going to hijack airliners and use them as guided missiles on attacks here in America, with targets including the Pentagon, the White House, and the World Trade Center. Now, please watch as we bomb the **** out of the people who tried to pull this off."

Like today, the country would go crazy over whether or not the new war was justified, moral, etc.

Same for this scenario. If suicide bommbers attack Americans within our border, most of the bickering and arguing about the war on terror goes away, and the military gets more backing, funding etc. for killing Al-Qaeda. If they leave us alone, we keep shooting ourselves in the feet and/or stop fighting altogether eventually.

I agree with 99% of what you said, but i think if an attack was to really make way, especially numerous attacks, it would cause people to hate our government more. Since we went through all the war in the middle east to stop terrorist, and it didn't stop anything at that point. I think most Americans wouldn't be against going after the people who did it, but they def. would be against this current administration running the war... just my opinion
Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
We won't care who is in charge as long as they are trying to kill the people killing American civilians.