Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The closing of threads...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Unhappy The closing of threads...

I don't agree with what the "loose change" guy was saying but I don't think you should just close threads because you don't agree. That's the second thread in the last week that has been closed on a whim.

Unless someone is blatently breaking the rules of the forum I don't think you should squash their voice. Sorry but that just the way I feel....

Even though loose change boy doesn't know WTF he is talking about doesn't mean he can't use this public forum to say his piece and make a jackass of himself. He has that right.....
Old 11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
He wanted it that way. I got a PM

As for the Kerry thread, think about what that thread was about. We had pages of useless comments on an issue that really wasn't an issue... if you want me unlock it then I will.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Cool on the one then......I generally don't have any issues on the way things are done. I just think we could have beat the horse a little more on the Kerry issue.
The fact that there are still democrats that stick up for him is a testament to that....

Either way I just had to let my voice be heard for future reference....

No worries....
Old 11-06-2006, 03:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
lol i was being an *** and sarcastic when i pmed you after it was closed-but its cool i only posted to get responses. I couldn't decide whether or not I believed in a conspiracy video and just picked a side to see what I could learn and see some links to back stuff up. Only thing is I had work and didn't really spend much time on it so i got pwned, but I got what I needed-responses...as stupid as you guys might think that is.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Who do you work for?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Who do you work for?
OLMEK's "company".
Old 11-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
Originally Posted by Salty
Who do you work for?

.....he's a g-man....
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

More like a spam-man or someone that has a bet.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:07 PM

^werd
Old 11-06-2006, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I think it's funny when people say they did it just to "get responses", or just to "**** you off" or whatever. It's sounds like an attempt to save face after getting your *** handed to you. With this kind of crap mucking up the forums, I'm all for closing threads.

If you have a legit idea, comment, or opinion on something post it. But when you get a response you don't like, just accept it. Don't fight a fight that can't be won just because you're stubborn. That and trying to get the last word in even if it means you reiterate what you originally said in the opening post a thousand times over. So closing of the threads isn't a bad idea.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I know forums aren't democratically run...but we could just have a quick vote for closing threads. The ones in question almost undoubtedly would have been voted closed if it was presented...Salty can just post the question in the thread (Close? yes or no). Wait until a predetermined time or number of votes...then use that as the decision maker and take the action. We all recognize when threads are dead regardless of the validity of the starting topic...
Old 11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

i know i got my *** handed to me, but you didn't have to be ***** about it. all you guys got butt hurt and many didnt post anything factual about 911, just **** about me. To those guys, blow each other, to those who posted facts and kicked my butt- thanks for taking part in the thread and sending links to info.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
I think it's funny when people say they did it just to "get responses", or just to "**** you off" or whatever. It's sounds like an attempt to save face after getting your *** handed to you. With this kind of crap mucking up the forums, I'm all for closing threads.

If you have a legit idea, comment, or opinion on something post it. But when you get a response you don't like, just accept it. Don't fight a fight that can't be won just because you're stubborn. That and trying to get the last word in even if it means you reiterate what you originally said in the opening post a thousand times over. So closing of the threads isn't a bad idea.
By getting responses, I didn't mean getting people to get pissed off and blow up *** hat. When I said the point was to get responses, it was in the context of input and participation- not having people attack my *** for what I said. I didn't do it to start fights- i did it to get involvement. Its common sense that more people will put their two cents in if something pisses them off...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by wrxtunerd
I'm a troll

thats all I heard.....
Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spedmunki
thats all I heard.....
you didn't hear anything dumb ***, you read and you read wrong. I really said:

Originally Posted by wrxtunerd