Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Catholic town

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Catholic town

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/02/cat....ap/index.html

What do you guys think?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Loma Linda is like this, except it is 7th Day Adventist.

If people want to live there then that is there perogative. Freedom of religion is a good thing.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

I agree.

It would be interesting to see what life inside such a town would be like. All the issues parents have with kids in regard to teen pregnancy, ****, etc. As long as there's a 16yr old in that town I guarantee it's not **** free. Would also be funny to see how they react to certain groups within the town. For example, a group of pop smoking skaters or a group of hoodlums.

Seems like if there is an issue with teen pregnancy and families having a more than average number of kids on accident, then the town would grow fairly quick with the exception of those that eventually moved elsewhere. Not every citizen is going to be so proper if you know what I mean. At that point there may be laws to prevent things from being sold in stores, but I bet you can get an ounce, a bag of condoms, and some **** in any neighborhood block.

I’m not sure it’s against the law to do this either... i’m pretty sure some cities in California have rules against the sale certain items. I know for a fact a lot of towns in the south are considered “dry towns” because I passed through half of them trying to buy beer. haha Sorta the same thing I would think...?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Ironically enough, I am watching a special on ABC about a Mormon town called Colorado City. In this town, molestation, multiple wives, and other f'ed up things go on regularly.

While freedom of religion is a good thing, the law needs to keep these communities in check in relation to state / federal laws.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:01 PM

I as a roman catholic think this is retarded! No birth control?!! WTF ?! How stupid can you be?!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I as a roman catholic think this is retarded! No birth control?!! WTF ?! How stupid can you be?!
What do you mean?! It's a catholic way. I can understand this with the BC pills as a regulator for teenage girl's period. But otherwise I don't see a problem to it. Pre-marital sex is a sin in the Roman Catholic's eyes. This is perfectly legitimet. If you don't want to live there, then don't.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 PM

Lack of having something present does not mean lacking of an act happening. If anything your children are more likely to get pregro's because of it. Pretty stupid. They can do whatever they want, but I can also call it retarded and not live there.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:50 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Lack of having something present does not mean lacking of an act happening. If anything your children are more likely to get pregro's because of it. Pretty stupid. They can do whatever they want, but I can also call it retarded and not live there.
Yes you can. I think it's kinda cool cuz it's almost like an experiment. How "Leave It To Beaver" of a town can they make it. The first girl to get pregnant at 16 will be the talk of the town and the family will prolly move pretty quick. Oh yeah, and the dad is the priest That would be horrible, but I can see it
Old 03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
There's a town about 15 minutes from here called Angwin. It happens to be7th day adventist and you can't buy any booz, smokes, caffiene and I think even red meat. Nobody here has a problem with it, it would just suck to live there.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
There's a town about 15 minutes from here called Angwin. It happens to be7th day adventist and you can't buy any booz, smokes, caffiene and I think even red meat. Nobody here has a problem with it, it would just suck to live there.

I can tell you right now that if the price on a house was right and the neighborhood was clean and respectable, I'd gladly drive out of town for my booze, ****, caffeine, nicotine (if I still dipped), and porterhouse.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

I have a friend that lives there and commutes to Napa to work. But him and his wife rent the granny unit at his parents house for dirt cheep(like 500). I'd gladly make the short commute for a deal like that.

The town is more of a rural mountain community, maybe a couple thousand people. He woke up to a bear in his trash a few months ago.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
He woke up to a bear in his trash a few months ago.
I'd be the only mother****er to shoot that bear for some red meat.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

I think he went out there half asleep expecting to see a racoon.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Just as long as they don't use their religion to tell the citizens of the town who to vote for in state and national elections...I'm sure they will though.

Florida is getting worse and worse...storms, Catholic villages where you're more likely to get an STD but can't look at ****...sounds like a circle in Dante's hell...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:28 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Florida is getting worse and worse...storms, Catholic villages where you're more likely to get an STD but can't look at ****...sounds like a circle in Dante's hell...

i do hate the fact that the catholic church doesn't believe in birth control.....but how do these people get stds if they don't sleep around.....remember one partner, no pre-marital sex.....

Quick Reply: Catholic town