Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Call centers and outsourcing

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
A general anti-American attitude is one symptom of insane liberalism.
you f'ing idiot. that's all I've got or am willing to give in my impaired state.

You must enjoy those exhibiting higher intellectual trains of thought than your own insulting your intelligence. That's the only reason I can think of for you to spew such close-minded, frankly ****-faced bull****.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 11-19-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
I believe what you meant to say was "go eat a wienerschnitzel."
:rotfl:

"footlong, who's got the footlong?!"
Old 11-19-2005, 04:26 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
I believe what you meant to say was "go eat a wienerschnitzel."
God damn it!!
"der Wienerschnitzel" has ****ing nothing to do with wiener schnitzel or Germans!! It's a typical ****ing American bastardization of a foreign word.
"Wiener schnitzel" is an ****ing Austrian recipe & is as German as Seet & Sour Cat.

You take veal cutlets...or pork for you ***gots...pound it 1/4" thin, egg it, bread it, and fry it.
Serve with potato or speatzel side dish & garnish with lemon wedge.

Yes, I'm from Austrian lineage.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
I don't pretend to be doing a good thing for america, nor do I try to. I am being a entrepenuer (sp) in creating my own buisness to take advantage of a opprotunity elsewhere. American companies not being able to afford people here is the origional reason companies move elsewhere. Once they are there, they see the increased productivity.

I completely agree about the highly educated people here, and that is my #1 problem with America today. As I said before, America has gotten lazy. If we are to succeed in this new world, we have to be willing to work hard to become leaders again. This problem is a opprotunity we have and should use it to our advantage. Instead of whining about losing jobs, get out there and get a education!
-Jeff
Agreed, and I'd rather have the wealth stay here with entrepenuership such as yours. As long as higher education or hard/smart work pays here I'm happy .
Old 11-19-2005, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
EHHHHHHHHHHH! wrong.

The first part is right. The latter is merely a cop out.

Americans as a whole are idiots when it comes to technology, and for one of them to call in to voice their frustration their own lack of technological skills and translate that into somekind of racial battle is just ****ing stupid and epitomizes the problem a large portion of our country has with cultures different than their own.

Sure, his name definitely isn't 'keith' like he may claim, but that is no reason to morph your stupidity into some racial battle.

Outsourcing is a problem, but there are better, more effective ways to address it.
How is what you said soooo different from what I said? Are you telling me you've never said or even thought of a racial comment toward someone in a heated situation? Maybe someone cut you off one day on the freeway? So how is that so different than using race as ammunition when one's already disgruntled about their technological barrier, or the fact they just dropped half their paycheck on a piece of disfunctional plastic metal? Not saying it's right because it's not... but to denounce it as something unbelievable is naive.

I said that although it's problem and something I could never do, it's must be expected or else those Outsourcing wouldn't bother educating their staff with more "comfortable" accents and in western culture. Think about it. Otherwise the employees would sound like Abu with the customers from doped-up neutral societies taking everything in stride. What world do you live in because I want to move there.

The fact they know it's going to be an issue with some callers shows that it's not only a problem with those already frustrated -and- ignorant people calling, but with outsourcing in itself.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Americans as a whole are idiots when it comes to technology
Hahahah this is one of the stupidest things I've read all day! There are are only 281 million people in the U.S. vs India's 1B and China's 1.3B!! You freaking idiot.

Yeah, it sure sounds impressive to say that 200 million Americans can't write code, but what about the almost 2 billion Asians that can't?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
%'s > #'s
Old 11-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
%'s > #'s
Yes, but we get extra credit for inventing it.

Btw, the U.S. workforce is "may have" (I haven't checked) smaller proportion of our population than in China and India. "Though it has only about one-fourth the total population of India, the United States has more people age 80 and over."

If we wanted to be like France, we'd let them all die of heatstroke in the next heat wave.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-20-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
... to denounce it as something unbelievable is naive.

Who said it's unbelievable? I said its the epitome of a prevalent problem... and why not denounce a problem?

spinnin' once agin. yeah - I'm just naive- don't listen to anything I have to say.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Are you telling me you've never said or even thought of a racial comment toward someone in a heated situation? Maybe someone cut you off one day on the freeway? So how is that so different than using race as ammunition when one's already disgruntled about their technological barrier, or the fact they just dropped half their paycheck on a piece of disfunctional plastic metal?

You really can't see the glaring difference? In one situation, the person you are directing the comments at personally did something to upset you, and the other the person is there to assist you. Yeah, both involve gereralizations, but only one person actually deserves to hear them, if one is so inclined to express them.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:44 AM

Yes, but we get extra credit for inventing it.
invented what? have you been bainwashed into thinking that the US is responsible for all of the world's technological advances?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 AM

invented what? have you been bainwashed into thinking that the US is responsible for all of the world's technological advances?
Not ALL, but the U.S. has clearly dominated the field in the last 100 years, and no sane person will debate that fact. The modern world today runs on technology invented and/or developed mostly in the U.S. and Europe.

Computers, manufacturing technology, "modern management," the internal combustion engine, cars and bicycles, civil engineering, electricity, radio, physics and nuclear energy, medicine, satellite technology, etc...shall I go on?

Not sure if you posted that seriously, but if you did, you need serious help.
I'm curious who brainwashed you.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-20-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:56 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Because I know nothing about history, human nature, and current events.

Fixed. Ignorance leads to paranoia, paranoia is never a result of knowledge.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Fixed. Ignorance leads to paranoia, paranoia is never a result of knowledge.
It's called context. It's way over your head.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
My comment is true especially in this context. It's like on the animal shows...the only dudes that handle deadly snakes are the ones that know the most about them, and none of them die doing it. They aren't paranoid that the snake will bite them. But the people who know relatively nothing about the snakes are deathly paranoid/afraid of them. Now substitute 'the world' for 'the snake' and 'helladumb' for 'people who know relatively nothing'.

Quick Reply: Call centers and outsourcing