Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Is the call-to-action of muslims a case for profiling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by njc200
I'm amazed this thread even exists. If I have to explain to you bastards why this is against the constitution, then I am truly sad.
You do have to explain it. I'd like to see this one.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:23 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
Umm, this is most definitely a holy war in the eyes of our enemy; I hope you can see that. And with that said, how many muslims (%) are of middle eastern descent?
Wrong. First thing this isn't a "war". Second thing this is more along the lines of US entering the Middle East. And who cares how many muslims are middle eastern descent it doesn't change the fact that ANYONE can be a terrorist.

"Racial" profiling used to be known as detective work-- what happened to those days? It was also just profiling-- making it a race issue came later(thanks ACLU and Democrats).
Wrong again, that isn't detective work. You can't say that race is evil, or that religion needs to go. Or you head down the same road that Hilter went with Jews. This isn't even about the ACLU or Democrats, this is about idiots thinking that because someone is a EXTREMEST then the rest are too. And that is incorrect.

If an amber light (missing child in California) alert comes over the radio and alerts me to watch for a male in a brown truck, then I won't be worried about cars and vans, or even trucks with female drivers. I will be looking for a truck that is any shade of brown and drivin by a man. Do we agree so far?

Then if in ten minuets they added that it was an '89 Chevy, I would stop looking at Dodge and Ford etc, and focus on Chevys. Would you do the same?

Now lets say that in another ten minuets they announced that it was a man of hispanic origin-- would you still be looking at whites and blacks, or would you apply the same reason as the above examples^^.
The difference is that your making ALL muslims suspect. If your muslim your pulled over etc... Its harrasment of innocent individuals, again what Hilter pretty much did. That not only is not right that is also illegal in some states.

I don't understand the "racial" profiling Card at all. Get over yourselves, it is not a personal attack-- just a provin method of police work! It is sad to think that the police, or whomever, can't do their jobs for fear of being sued(wich is what I think it is really all about anyway).
First of all its not a "Card" its something that is WRONG. It is a personal attack because these people have not done ANYTHING to be pulled over or anything for them to be harrased. It's proven because the chance are that if you pull enough people over eventually you will catch someone doing something. That goes for whatever race you are. The difference is that they pick on certain races and say, "LOOK IT WORKS." while in reality thats full of **** and laziness. They aren't doing there job they are doing everything but protecting the innocent, instead they are harrasing them.

To me it is a process of elimination. Quit making it a race issue!
Process of elimination? What your going to eliminate every person of a race and find the bad guys?! Why not do it to white individuals too? Since it is a process of elimination, im sure if you pull over enough white people you will find someone that has done something wrong. And for the last time it is a RACE issue since only CERTAIN races are harrassed by the cops.

I love how you guys are saying its ok to do. But I bet if you got randomly pulled over all the time you wouldn't be saying that now. Untill you experience being pulled over randomly for no reason besides the color of your skin please don't say it's not a race issue. And it certainly isn't "detective" work.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Unregistered
This ISN'T a religious war you moron. Its not MUSLIMS VS CHRISTIANS. How dense can you be. Unless you think the whole of the US is Christian. The "war" because this really isn't a war. Is about IDEAS and American CULTURE, NOT religious ideology. Not look at those evil Christians. Also on top of this all muslims are NOT terrorist. And all terrorist are not MUSLIMS. Timmthy anyone?! Hello there, you're leading towards a slippery slope. And you really think its ok to target a certain race, and that scares me.
Ok, so I need to call you on your stupidity for a second (no offense).

The U.S. is viewed as a Christian Nation, infidels, or whatever colorful word you want to use by "some" Muslims in foreign coutries. Funny, because I've never heard a buddhist use the world "infadel." Every time we have entered or conquered a country, our CHRISTIAN missionaries go it afterward. This includes Japan, South Korea, and others. Do you think this will be different this time?
It IS about religion!

The #1 reason the U.S. is hated is because we side with Israel. The islamist extremists hate them, so don't you want to call them intollerant? They'd wipe them out in a hot second, given the chance, so THERE IS YOUR MODERN HITLER.
They project this hatred on the U.S. for siding with Israel, and they'd gladly kill one American for one "Palestinian." Israel cannot exist without our support, and we support them for RELIGIOUS reasons. Have you read The Bible?

And trying to say it's about American Culture is a load of shoot. They would be lining up at the polls to vote for GW, because he actually has more in common with mainstream mustlims. Remember, it's the liberals that are for the culture of, "if it feels good DO IT!."

So good try, but they hate us more for religious reasons than MTV.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Ok, so I need to call you on your stupidity for a second (no offense).

The U.S. is viewed as a Christian Nation, infidels, or whatever colorful word you want to use by "some" Muslims in foreign coutries. Funny, because I've never heard a buddhist use the world "infadel." Every time we have entered or conquered a country, our CHRISTIAN missionaries go it afterward. This includes Japan, South Korea, and others. Do you think this will be different this time?
It IS about religion!

The #1 reason the U.S. is hated is because we side with Israel. The islamist extremists hate them, so don't you want to call them intollerant? They'd wipe them out in a hot second, given the chance, so THERE IS YOUR MODERN HITLER.
They project this hatred on the U.S. for siding with Israel, and they'd gladly kill one American for one "Palestinian." Israel cannot exist without our support, and we support them for RELIGIOUS reasons. Have you read The Bible?

And trying to say it's about American Culture is a load of shoot. They would be lining up at the polls to vote for GW, because he actually has more in common with mainstream mustlims. Remember, it's the liberals that are for the culture of, "if it feels good DO IT!."

So good try, but they hate us more for religious reasons than MTV.

Woooo there little cowboy.

This is not just a "religious" war like your making it out to be. **** this isn't even a a war. Bin Laden isn't going around saying kill those christians! Instead he is saying get them for messing with our world. He uses religion as a part of his recruitment but that is not all of it as your trying to portray to be, at all. And that was my point, maybe I should of made it clearer.

Second its not only about Israel. Your wrong about this, its about us messing with their way of life and leaders, etc. We have a lot of involment with the middle east not just Israel. And that is what they hate. Second Im not defending the extremists here, Im defending the ones that have done nothing wrong except believe in Islam and be arabs. And by using profiling you affect them and cause more hate. Which in turn proves Bin Laden and all those other individuals correct on how we treat there people. How come you can't see that? Seriously, you are proven them right and making there case for them. How is that not stupid. Oh and for your information Israel could live without our support. They are not weak. **** a couple of threads ago I was told exactly how they are controlling themselves instead of taking over the region, by REPUBLICANS on this forum. So how would that be a modern hitler? Oh and here is a shocker for you we don't support Israel for "religious" reasons. Your so so way off base on this it isn't even funny. Where did you come up with such a belief? Im seriously baffeled about this. And yes I have read the bible. My dad was a priest and my mom a nun, they met after they left the church. I went to a private catholic schoool in puerto rico which was run by nuns. So yes I think I have my bible studies pretty well covered.

Its not a load of crap. Our cultures are completly different. And they are afraid of becoming Americanized. Its not that uncommon. Alot of nations I have been to the older folk see how there children are acting more american and losing there cultures and that scares them a little. For the extremists this is a driving force for them. Of course its not the ONLY force but it is one of the major ones. And again your wrong, they are not lining up for Jr. because he has major intrest in the middle east. And that is what they hate the most. We are ****ing with them and there land, and guess what Jr is a driving force in doing this.

So, take off your cowboy hat and go read some books. Also umm wasn't this thread about profiling and how its bad. Atleast answer one of points or do you now agree that its wrong?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:46 AM

Woooo there little cowboy.

This is not just a "religious" war like your making it out to be. **** this isn't even a a war. Bin Laden isn't going around saying kill those christians! Instead he is saying get them for messing with our world. He uses religion as a part of his recruitment but that is not all of it as your trying to portray to be, at all. And that was my point, maybe I should of made it clearer.
Wait a minute..... I can't get past this.

So are you saying that indeed Bin Laden is speaking for "them?"

You realize that without "western" influence, they wouldn't even know what an ice cube or electricity is, right? They'd be throwing stones at our troops right now.

The responsibility of our government is to secure resources for our population, and one of them is oil. I say we get it from Mexico in-stead, but that's besides the point. Since we ARE involved, if we don't do something drastic over there it's only a matter of time before a missile is launched our way.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 10-31-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:36 PM

Wait a minute..... I can't get past this.

So are you saying that indeed Bin Laden is speaking for "them?"

You realize that without "western" influence, they wouldn't even know what an ice cube or electricity is, right? They'd be throwing stones at our troops right now.

The responsibility of our government is to secure resources for our population, and one of them is oil. I say we get it from Mexico in-stead, but that's besides the point. Since we ARE involved, if we don't do something drastic over there it's only a matter of time before a missile is launched our way.
He is a voice for extremeist that believe in him. Duh, just like any leader of a force is. Don't act stupid please, you know exactly what I ment. And them as in the U.S.

You realize that im talking about cultural influences not tech. influences.

You do know we have the second largest oil reserve in the world? And why are we in Iraq again? You never explained why you believe we are there to re-invent the region. Also your kidding yourself if you think any country will do a direct attack on the U.S. We are the super power of the world on arms and economics. The second they launched a missle everyone in the US would be with the President to take that country out. And with reason. **** how many of those countries CAN even reach us? I don't see how you can say the things you do.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:55 PM

I don't see how you can say the things you do.
I'm just an amazing human being.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:00 PM

WOW! I lost a lot of respect for you on this one. Sorry Unregistered, but I thought you were more intelligent than this; or at least more open-minded. I don't have time to respond properly right now, but I will on Monday.(honestly I could not answer now if I had to-- I am DUMBFOUNDED!)

Did your little brother answer my post? Jeeze-- what an elementary answer.

Lost respect for me? Ha, funny you're the one that suggesting doing something that is illegal in some states. Smart move there buddy. So you want to make it a constitutional amendment? Whatever, I'll wait for you reply and again show how you're wrong.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:01 PM

I'm just an amazing human being.
I would go more along the lines of "special."
Old 11-01-2004, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Wake-up man! Not everthing is a race issue-- unless you want to convince yourself it is.
Profiling is a racial issue....Plain and simple....White people cannot offer up opinions on profiling because most have never experienced it.

How would you like to be pulled out of your car on the side of the road and have your car searched every time you got pulled over for having a tail light that is out. This has happened to my good friend numerous times, if it is not his tail light that is out it is that he changed lanes improperly or some other BS, he is black and I can honestly say that that has never happened to me and we have been pulled over by the same cop twice. I just got a ticket one time and was never pulled out of the car and searched. It is a racial issue, thats why it is called racial profiling. It may work but it is still wrong.

People are quick to say that they would sacrifice those freedoms for increases security but the truth is that white people aren't really sacrificing anything when it comes down to this issue.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Profiling is a racial issue....Plain and simple....White people cannot offer up opinions on profiling because most have never experienced it.
No, plenty of whites were profiled. They were profiled for their "large noses" and "wealth." Just ask Hitler. Some profiling may seem like a good idea in the short term, but give an inch and they'll take a mile. When and how do we draw the line to stop? How do you decide when profiling is justified, and when it is not?

-Chris
Old 11-01-2004, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
No, plenty of whites were profiled. They were profiled for their "large noses" and "wealth." Just ask Hitler. Some profiling may seem like a good idea in the short term, but give an inch and they'll take a mile. When and how do we draw the line to stop? How do you decide when profiling is justified, and when it is not?

-Chris
I see your point but I was talking about US based, etc, etc....I should have said in this WOT or Our society. White people do not get profiled in the US by law enforcement for the most part.

Profiling is never justified IMHO, thats just me though....

Quick Reply: Is the call-to-action of muslims a case for profiling?