Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Is the call-to-action of muslims a case for profiling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Is the call-to-action of muslims a case for profiling?

So, Bin-Laden's cohort just issued a call to young Muslims to strike the United States and its allies.

So, should we step up profiling efforts on young muslims, or is that racially and spiritually 'insensitive.'

I mean really, would it be right to stereotype or discriminate based on a person's spriritual beliefs? I'm sure the ACLU is getting ready to sue anyone who looks sideways at a Muslim.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:22 PM

So lets say a Neo-**** party leader says, "All whites go and kill those other races!" Should we start profiling whites? Don't over generalize a religion and thats exactly what you are doing.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I think profiling is immoral regardless of what group it targets. And yes, I know it results in less crime and that it's a usefull tactic. But so is terrorism, and we can all agree that that's immoral. COPS WHO PROFILE DESEARVE TO BE PROFLIED THEMSELVES (ie. they are pigs who love doughnuts, have small d***s, and can't get respect any other way).
Old 10-29-2004, 02:34 PM

Islam isn't a race. You can't racially profile muslims. You can profile arabs and other middle easterners, though. Since most terrorist acts on U.S. soil are committed by middle easterners, I see no problem with it. Profiling older white males at certain federal spots is probably okay too in the wake of the militia movements.

I see nothing wrong with using a method that does minimal violence to civil rights.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by subaruguru
Islam isn't a race. You can't racially profile muslims. You can profile arabs and other middle easterners, though. Since most terrorist acts on U.S. soil are committed by middle easterners, I see no problem with it. Profiling older white males at certain federal spots is probably okay too in the wake of the militia movements.

I see nothing wrong with using a method that does minimal violence to civil rights.
Yeeaaaaaaahhhh! Sanity in the thread at last!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered
So lets say a Neo-**** party leader says, "All whites go and kill those other races!" Should we start profiling whites? Don't over generalize a religion and thats exactly what you are doing.
Hahahah... common. Be realistic.

A high profile leader, respected "like the pope" by his followers just issued an order. If the pope issued an order to Catholics, don't you't think at least some would act on those orders?
Old 10-29-2004, 07:22 PM

He isn't the "pope" of Islam. You be realistic for once. If I choose I could convert to Islam. How would you tell I believe in that religion? I don't look anything like a Arab. So hence this wouldn't work. And its fine and dandy to say oh yes profile away untill they start to do it to you.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:08 PM

He isn't the "pope" of Islam. You be realistic for once. If I choose I could convert to Islam. How would you tell I believe in that religion? I don't look anything like a Arab. So hence this wouldn't work. And its fine and dandy to say oh yes profile away untill they start to do it to you.
What are you talking about? I've been profiled my whole life.

Rat boy was white and was a muslim. You could tell by looking at him.
Why do you think they call him Rat boy?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:38 PM

What race are you then HellaDumb you have never mentioned you where a minority before. In fact you stated you where not I believe. (I could be wrong I tend to glance over what you type since usually its crap.) So who profilied you, your whole life? You can't tell all "muslims" by looking at them. You don't get it. ANYONE can be a terrorist, its a religion. Religions do not have color or race. And again how is Ladin Islams pope?
Old 10-30-2004, 09:49 AM

What race are you then HellaDumb you have never mentioned you where a minority before. In fact you stated you where not I believe. (I could be wrong I tend to glance over what you type since usually its crap.) So who profilied you, your whole life? You can't tell all "muslims" by looking at them. You don't get it. ANYONE can be a terrorist, its a religion. Religions do not have color or race. And again how is Ladin Islams pope?
I am a minority where I live because I'm white. I've always had to check the white box which profiles me by race, no? It was often a disqualification for loans, grants, and other benefits to non-whites.

You know the funny thing is that if I walk out of a Christian church and regularly attend services, don't you think it's reasonable to assume I am a Christian, or at associate with them? That seems oversimplified, but some things just aren't that complex.

As far as comparing Bin Laden to the Pope, I'm saying that he is someone with whom many muslims identify.... a spriritual leader of a cause. He proports to speak for "muslims" as a whole, and I've never heard ANY muslims decrying what he says. Have you?
Old 10-30-2004, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I am a minority where I live because I'm white. I've always had to check the white box which profiles me by race, no? It was often a disqualification for loans, grants, and other benefits to non-whites.
So how many cops have pulled you over of late because you are white? Yep you have it harder than the minorities there buddy. Keep trying to say they are holding you back I already proved once how wrong you are.

You know the funny thing is that if I walk out of a Christian church and regularly attend services, don't you think it's reasonable to assume I am a Christian, or at associate with them? That seems oversimplified, but some things just aren't that complex.
Ahh, this explains a lot of things now. So now you want the government to spy on people that go to different churches. Maybe they should all wear stars on there chest to portray that they are muslims so we know who to watch when they get on trains, planes, cars, and other vehicles. You know since every muslim is out to kill Americans or atleast supports Bin Laden.

As far as comparing Bin Laden to the Pope, I'm saying that he is someone with whom many muslims identify.... a spriritual leader of a cause. He proports to speak for "muslims" as a whole, and I've never heard ANY muslims decrying what he says. Have you?
So how many "muslims" do you know, that are your friend? I know several, and guess what they DO decry what he says. Oh but of course Rashid and Ahmed would't do something like that all "muslims" are the same and LOVE the leader of there faith Bin Laden. If you still don't get it then I can't help you there. The Pope is the LEADER of the catholic faith as a whole. Bin Laden is a far cry for that for muslims.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:06 AM

So how many cops have pulled you over of late because you are white? Yep you have it harder than the minorities there buddy. Keep trying to say they are holding you back I already proved once how wrong you are .
You know what? A lot! You know why? They have to keep tabs on who they stop, and it would look bad IF THEY DIDN'T stop a number of whites. How's that for racial profiling? OHHHHH, I bet you never thought of that.

Ahh, this explains a lot of things now. So now you want the government to spy on people that go to different churches. Maybe they should all wear stars on there chest to portray that they are muslims so we know who to watch when they get on trains, planes, cars, and other vehicles. You know since every muslim is out to kill Americans or atleast supports Bin Laden.
What do you think they do in Northern Ireland between the Christians and Catholics? When it is a religious war, it is stupidity to ignore this.
Do you read the news? These people aren't gathering in budhist temples.
So how many "muslims" do you know, that are your friend? I know several, and guess what they DO decry what he says. Oh but of course Rashid and Ahmed would't do something like that all "muslims" are the same and LOVE the leader of there faith Bin Laden. If you still don't get it then I can't help you there. The Pope is the LEADER of the catholic faith as a whole. Bin Laden is a far cry for that for muslims.
Well, it's only my opinion, but you must know that at least 50% of the population feel the way I do, whether you know it or not.
Bin Laden is brilliantly pitting the Muslims against American non-muslims, because the lack of muslims PUBLICLY decrying his statements further reinforce these feelings.
What do you suggest?

Last edited by HellaDumb; 10-30-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:21 PM

You know what? A lot! You know why? They have to keep tabs on who they stop, and it would look bad IF THEY DIDN'T stop a number of whites. How's that for racial profiling? OHHHHH, I bet you never thought of that.
Thats funny because thats SO untrue. Your attempts to say poor me im white and i get racially profiled by the cops is laughable at best.

What do you think they do in Northern Ireland between the Christians and Catholics? When it is a religious war, it is stupidity to ignore this.
Do you read the news? These people aren't gathering in budhist temples.
This ISN'T a religious war you moron. Its not MUSLIMS VS CHRISTIANS. How dense can you be. Unless you think the whole of the US is Christian. The "war" because this really isn't a war. Is about IDEAS and American CULTURE, NOT religious ideology. Not look at those evil Christians. Also on top of this all muslims are NOT terrorist. And all terrorist are not MUSLIMS. Timmthy anyone?! Hello there, you're leading towards a slippery slope. And you really think its ok to target a certain race, and that scares me.

Well, it's only my opinion, but you must know that at least 50% of the population feel the way I do, whether you know it or not.
Bin Laden is brilliantly pitting the Muslims against American non-muslims, because the lack of muslims PUBLICLY decrying his statements further reinforce these feelings.
What do you suggest?
Because most feel that way does not make it right. Most felt the world was flat and guess what they where WRONG. No people like you are pitting Muslims vs Americans, because you can't distinguish between the two, terrorist and Muslims that is. You believe there is no Muslim "outcry" but guess what there was during 9/11. But by Jr. invading another country he lost all that "outcry" and support that we had from the ENTIRE world.

What do I suggest? Not doing exactly what Bin Laden wanted us to do? That would be a GREAT start. Also learn from OTHER nations and get advice on how they are handling it. Or do you think the US is the only nation to have terrorist attacks? We are handling this extreemly the wrong way. You have to take away there support and show others how we are NOT what they say we are. But right now thanks to Jr. we are proving them right. Thats what I suggest.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

I'm amazed this thread even exists. If I have to explain to you bastards why this is against the constitution, then I am truly sad.

Quick Reply: Is the call-to-action of muslims a case for profiling?