Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush as our supreme ruler

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:31 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Bush as our supreme ruler

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...1&f=00&fg=copy

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...0&f=00&fg=copy

These are important videos on MSNBC about the Military Commission Act: The U.S. now ALLOWING torture, suspending Habeas Corpus, and Geneva Conventions now OPTIONAL. Please watch it!

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-19-2006, 08:31 PM

this bill just got passed 2 days ago on october 17th 2006. This is an outrage! i think we should rally the subys together and go protest at the civic center XD.

okay, to break it down, now if the government deem you an "unlawful enemy", the government and detain you and hold you and suspend your right to a trail and right to a lawyer, and use "torture before the point of serious mental or physical damage" to make you admit to the crimes they put on your head. This is some serious rediculous ****.

Last edited by XkrazyAsianX; 10-19-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:43 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Yeah, I didn't hear about it till the next day. It's astonishing that a bill like that was even conceived, yet alone passed into law.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
so what? i seriously say *** the geneva convention in this case of our war on terrorism. The geneva convention protects foreign uniformed military combatants in war and peace. Last time I checked terrorists dont wear a god damn uniform so why the hell should they be protected the same way as a uniformed soldier?? Dont you people realise that these assh0les are the people that want all infadels to DIE?? Remember...they did capture innocent american civilians and decapitated them as well as killed innoncent people on those damn planes. I'm dead serious when I say they should die the exact same way if not worse. They dont deserve any sort of humanitarian aid when they do nothing but back stab and want to kill us. I cannot stand the BULLSH1T when it comes to this islamofacist crap, why do people protect them and allow them to hide behind "human rights" when they dont even observe human rights of anyone!!??! You will never win a war by politely asking the enemy to surrender or ask them to give up information. Why sacrafice our safety for the lives of some ****** that only want us dead? I have the right to defend myself and while I may not agree with what everything Bush does from time to time I honestly stand behind this law. "If you provide aid to a terrorist faction, then you are by law an enemy combatant." Helping the enemy when it comes to your own country that provides you such great freedom is undoubtly treason. When treason has occured, the person should be delt with by way of execution like the Rosenbergs, and that should be an example to not commit treason against your own country. If you don't stand behind the country that you live in, that provides you these freedoms, and gives you the opportunity to freely speak your mind then you should seriously think about relocating to another country.

Last edited by Hatteroo; 10-19-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
so what? i seriously say *** the geneva convention in this case of our war on terrorism. The geneva convention protects foreign uniformed military combatants in war and peace. Last time I checked terrorists dont wear a god damn uniform so why the hell should they be protected the same way as a uniformed soldier?? Dont you people realise that these assh0les are the people that want all infadels to DIE?? Remember...they did capture innocent american civilians and decapitated them as well as killed innoncent people on those damn planes. I'm dead serious when I say they should die the exact same way if not worse. They dont deserve any sort of humanitarian aid when they do nothing but back stab and want to kill us. I cannot stand the BULLSH1T when it comes to this islamofacist crap, why do people protect them and allow them to hide behind "human rights" when they dont even observe human rights of anyone!!??! You will never win a war by politely asking the enemy to surrender or ask them to give up information. Why sacrafice our safety for the lives of some ****** that only want us dead? I have the right to defend myself and while I may not agree with what everything Bush does from time to time I honestly stand behind this law. "If you provide aid to a terrorist faction, then you are by law an enemy combatant." Helping the enemy when it comes to your own country that provides you such great freedom is undoubtly treason. When treason has occured, the person should be delt with by way of execution like the Rosenbergs, and that should be an example to not commit treason against your own country. If you don't stand behind the country that you live in, that provides you these freedoms, and gives you the opportunity to freely speak your mind then you should seriously think about relocating to another country.

case and point.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
i would have said something, but you covered all the point Ricky. good job
Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by rallied out wrx
case and point.
yay me FTW so far

Originally Posted by rau
i would have said something, but you covered all the point Ricky. good job
haha ty

btw...anyone else aside from me that Isreal is starting to go back and whoop hezbollah's *** again? god damn iran and i think syria supplying weapons to hezbollah again. I seriously hope Isreal continues to destroy those islamofacists until they are no more! I don't give a damn what anyone says about the jews, I support them 100%!!!

Last edited by Hatteroo; 10-19-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:15 PM

btw...

The Geneva Conventions have to be ageed to by all parties involved. Al Queida is not abiding by them and never would.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Dumbest post ever. This is all assuming the person in question is guilty. Do you even know what Habeas Corpus is? Given your post, you obviously do not. Check it out:

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/h001.htm

So with denying the writ of habeas corpus the person in question isn't even tried, or even told what they've supposedly done. Wringing the terrorists out to dry is a great idea and I couldn't agree with you more, but how do we know that those in question are truly terrorists? Without habeas corpus, we do not. Innocent until proven guilty and the right to demand a trial have worked for this country for over two hundred years through all of our major wars and conflicts and it served us then. These new laws allow the government to suspend habeas corpus on US soil against US CITIZENS. We need to prove a citizen is a terrorist before we string them up. At least we did, given this new moronic law that is no longer the case. What are you going to do if a computer or clerical error shows that your bank account has been supplying a terrorist organization funding? You won't be able to defend your self; hell there won't even be a trial to prove your innocence, yet you could be imprisoned for the rest of your life. Yeah, great new law we have here.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 PM

I agree with that anyone aiding or participating in any type of terrorism should be convicited. But the fact is, this law can be used on anyone, and who is profiling? bush... did you not watch the video? It's not really about the war on terrorism but rather than the abuse of the enormous amount of power that the goverment just came into. From what you said, you obviously have not watched the whole video.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
These new laws allow the government to suspend habeas corpus on US soil against US CITIZENS.
Protect US Citizens...not jerkoffs that are known terrorists or supporters of them with visas and green cards. And seriously...if you dont support or aid terrorism then you have nothing to hide and should not be so self concious about it. Do you really want to risk the potential threat? Why not eliminate it while we can. You can believe people are being led by terror, and that can be your opinion as you are given that freedom to choose. I seriously think this is a good law and I'm pretty sure that if you are suspected of aiding terrorism and the feds have proof of it an have survailed you of it then its fine by me. I personally have nothing to hide so it doesnt bother me the least. Besides *****footing around only gives terrorists something to hide behind anyways, so why give them the chance to do what they do?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:32 PM

I seriously think this is a good law and I'm pretty sure that if you are suspected of aiding terrorism and the feds have proof of it an have survailed you of it then its fine by me. I personally have nothing to hide so it doesnt bother me the least. Besides *****footing around only gives terrorists something to hide behind anyways, so why give them the chance to do what they do?

Hello?? Do you not remember things like the Red Scare and the Salem witch trials??? If someone accuses you of being a terrorist just because they don't like you, and you are thrown into jail, you have NO WAY of proving your innocence. In fact you have no way of knowing who even accused you of such a ridiculous act. You maybe held for YEARS before someone comes by and decides to deal with you- through TORTURE. Don't be ignorant. This gives the Bush administration the power to imprison whoever the hell they want, just because. Stereotyping can be put into affect and whomever that looks to be a terrorist can be held, without any evidence.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
If you buy into "we're doing this to protect you from islamo-facists", then you deserved to get your rights trampled. This isn't about protecting terrorists, this is about taking away Your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. How pro-Bush are you gonna be when you're put on the No-Fly list, arrested, flown on a private plane to Jordan, and sent to a Syrian torture camp, simply because of mistaken identities. It's happened before to an innocent man and it can happen to ANY American that has nothing to do with terrorist.

Even worse is when the government hides their illegal activity under the name of so called "patriotic" laws such as these. Ask the NSA and AT&T.

Grow up and take off the Fox News glasses. Nobody is protecting the terrorist and nobody wants their rights trampled on in the name of "the War on Terrorism."

VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Protect US Citizens...not jerkoffs that are known terrorists or supporters of them with visas and green cards. And seriously...if you dont support or aid terrorism then you have nothing to hide and should not be so self concious about it. Do you really want to risk the potential threat? Why not eliminate it while we can. You can believe people are being led by terror, and that can be your opinion as you are given that freedom to choose. I seriously think this is a good law and I'm pretty sure that if you are suspected of aiding terrorism and the feds have proof of it an have survailed you of it then its fine by me. I personally have nothing to hide so it doesnt bother me the least. Besides *****footing around only gives terrorists something to hide behind anyways, so why give them the chance to do what they do?

You're not answering the question. This law applies to those believed to be aiding terrorists, even if they are a US citizens on US soil. Not all of the people that are going to get caught up in this are going to be those fighting us with RPGs and guns in the middle-east somewhere. Some are going to be average citizens believed to be aiding in someother way. They could be suspected of funding, of hosting websites that recruit, who knows what. How do we prove those people are guilty if we deny habeas corpus. You do realize people are wrongfully accused all the time, right? You know how these people prove their innocence, right? They get representation in a court of law. This new law can deny them that, even if they are CITIZENS arrested on US SOIL.

So again, by denying the writ of habeas corpus, how do we prove beyond a reasonable doubt that our citizen is a terrorist? You're thinking along the lines that anyone called a terrorst byt the government is known to be so, but without a trial, there is no way to show this.

Immagine someone runs over a little girl in a car mathing your car's description a block away from your house. When the cops go looking they find your car and take you to prison for manslaughter. If the writ of habeas corpus is denyed in your situation, you have no chance in court to prove that you weren't the one. Get it?

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
If you have nothing to hide then why do you need to have your rights limited? You present a common false dichotomy. As each of our rights are systematically violated or legislated out of existence, we're reassured that it will only affect terrorists, murderers and other criminal types. I reject the notion of guilty until proven innocent, and every American should as well. If you think I’m guilty, you prove it. I have nothing to prove. And I may have nothing to hide either, but you can’t see it. Its NOT American to suspend my rights while you fish for evidence.

the problem with the law is that the feds dont NEED any proof. None. Zero. No judicial oversight. THATS why its wrong. You dont think this sort of thing has been abused before? You need to read up on Sen. Joe mcCarthy and the HUAC. Look up the case in which the Patriot Act was used in Vegas to sting exotic dancers - completely unrealted to terrorism.

The VERY BASIS of our government is the unalienable rights we have, which are codified in the constitution and Bill of Rights, including concepts such as habeas corpus (do you understand what this means?) Our country was founded on a distrust of government. Our founding fathers gave power to the people to keep an eye on government. YOU SHOULD DISTRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT, AND QUESTION EVERY RESTRICTION IT PLACES UPON YOU.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. — Thomas Jefferson

Everything about this law is the very antithesis of the basis of American beliefs.

Last edited by mcowger; 10-19-2006 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Bush as our supreme ruler