Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush is increasing the number of anti-American muslims

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Thumbs down Bush is increasing the number of anti-American muslims

Bush's actions in the middle east sure are mending relations with Muslims. Does Bush really think pissing off more and more Muslims is really going to reduce the number of extreamists and therefore terrorists? It sure looks like our actions in Iraq are really decreasing the likelyhood of future extreamists as Bush said. Bravo Bush, it appears that more followers of Islam hate America than ever.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...C-RSSFeeds0312

-Chris
Old 10-23-2004, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The thing is, Muslims should be just as mad at the Muslim-extremists but they tend to forget that. Every time I hear of a suicide bombing in Iraq it leaves one wounded U.S. Solider and 20 other non-US targets dead.

I don't know anymore... The bottom line is that we're threatened by Islam extremists that always seem to want a little more of the pie than everyone else. They do this because of faith in an invisible man, seriously. You're God damn right the Muslim religion has a bad name! I'm not a naive person but when I see a Muslim I have to wonder what this person is capable of and what they represent... who's fault is this?
Old 10-23-2004, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
The thing is, Muslims should be just as mad at the Muslim-extremists but they tend to forget that. Every time I hear of a suicide bombing in Iraq it leaves one wounded U.S. Solider and 20 other non-US targets dead.
I couldn't agree with you more on this point, Salty. But the reason behind my post is just to point out that Bush is either lieing, or just flat out naive when he repeatedly states that what he is doing, (ie pre-emptive attack on Iraq) will help the US regarding decreasing the number of extreamist muslims. I think Bush may just be very poor with math. Sure we have killed several thousand terrorists/extreamists, but we have created MANY thousands more, which he doesn't seem to understand. It's the same math he must use when he claims all american houshoulds are better off because they recieved and average of $500 in tax refunds when he doesn't realize much more money was lost in higher edjucation, health insurance, and unemployment rates, etc.

-Chris
Old 10-23-2004, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I couldn't agree with you more on this point, Salty. But the reason behind my post is just to point out that Bush is either lieing, or just flat out naive when he repeatedly states that what he is doing, (ie pre-emptive attack on Iraq) will help the US regarding decreasing the number of extreamist muslims.
The truth of the matter is that rational human beings do not want to die (even most irrational ones, too).
If people know that strikes on America result in death for them or "their people," they will be mentally forced into submission. How many people who have been raised from birth to be suicide bombers actually go through with it? The natural human characteristic to avoid death overrides the hatred for any cause, except in rare cases.

If members of someone's family was accidentally killed by a U.S. strike, I'd suggest that someone might support efforts of revenge, yet it would be rare to find someone willing to end his/her own life for that cause.
When a palestinian leader dies, one boy sees a Martyr, and another thinks to himself, "I don't want to die." I've seen enough interviews to know this is true.

I'm not saying that suicide bombers will not continue to be a problem, but to assume that it's worse because of Iraq is BS.

They hated the U.S. before Iraq, and they will hate us after.
What's central in this hatred is our support for Israel, and that hasn't changed (nor will it).
Old 10-23-2004, 08:36 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
saw a bumper sticker a few days ago

'We are creating enemies faster than we can kill them'

that about sums it up...
Old 10-23-2004, 08:58 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Seranin
saw a bumper sticker a few days ago

'We are creating enemies faster than we can kill them'

that about sums it up...
I can assume then that you believe we deserved 9/11?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
How'd you come to that conclusion? The bumper sticker is just stating tht Bush's headstrong tactics are only worsening our situation. How does that mean we deserved 9/11?

-Chris
Old 10-24-2004, 10:06 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
How'd you come to that conclusion? The bumper sticker is just stating tht Bush's headstrong tactics are only worsening our situation. How does that mean we deserved 9/11?

-Chris
Most of those that oppose the war in Iraq/A-stan have long suggested that it was US foriegn policy that precipitated the attacks on 9/11.
Assuming this to be true, it can be said that Americans "created" those that carried out those attacks.
Hence, my question to Seranin.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
I think assuming that terrorists hate us "because we love freedom" is ridiculous. While terrorist leaders such as Osama, al Satyr, etc. aren't altruistic - they do what they do for personal gain and power - I believe that without the US' power games throughout the mideast (iran, iraq, afgh., israel present and past), it would be much more difficult for terrorists to find converts to fight us.
but regardless, i'm sure most of the muslim world does(did) not believe that the US deserved 9/11, and surely support our efforts to hunt down those responsible. Invading a country and killing a bunch of people, unrelated to 9/11, may have changed that opinion however
Old 10-24-2004, 12:15 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

I think assuming that terrorists hate us "because we love freedom" is ridiculous.
I agree. They hate us 'cause their religion provides an easy excuse to hate us.

While terrorist leaders such as Osama, al Satyr, etc. aren't altruistic - they do what they do for personal gain and power - I believe that without the US' power games throughout the mideast (iran, iraq, afgh., israel present and past), it would be much more difficult for terrorists to find converts to fight us.
Using Liberal Pretzel logic, people act out violently when they are disenfranchised from the world's economic community. Unless Muslim nations choose to contribute more than oil, dates, and the poly pro pullover I'm wearing, to the world, they will be "economically challeged" & will pursue their current path.

but regardless, i'm sure most of the muslim world does(did) not believe that the US deserved 9/11, and surely support our efforts to hunt down those responsible. Invading a country and killing a bunch of people, unrelated to 9/11, may have changed that opinion however
This remians to be proved/disproved.
During WW2, Japanese, German, & Italian business, like restaraunts, hung US flags, "I'm an American" signs, and other offerings of their support for the US.

All of this suspiciously absent from any of the various Islamic groups here in the US...the same Islamic groups that contributed money to terrorist groups.

Does this mean all Muslims are terrorists?
Probably not.

Does this mean that all Muslims support the US?
Definitely not.

And thank you for being civil.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:02 PM

There are no absolutes in life, you can't just say "all" when speaking of a religion. Its the extreemest that are doing this not the norm. Just like the religious christian right has done wacky stuff.

Bush changed the world view of America and proved BinLadin right by entering Iraq, which did not have any terrorist.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Oaf
Did we give them an easy reason to attack us with our foreign policy - Maybe

Did we deserve to be attacked and have all those people killed - HELL NO!

Are we creating enemy's faster than we can kill them or convert them....Most likely

Think of how bad it looks to arab states now that they see that Iraq had no WMD's and no connections to Al Qaida and we invaded them anyways with made up evidence and bad intelligence. Looks pretty bad....
Old 10-25-2004, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Bush changed the world view of America and proved BinLadin right by entering Iraq, which did not have any terrorist.
Mr. Al Zarqawi sends his regards.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:18 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Unregistered
...Just like the religious christian right has done wacky stuff. ..
Religious christian right's wacky stuff = Setting off car bombs & killing children receiving candy!?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Oaf
Religious christian right's wacky stuff = Setting off car bombs & killing children receiving candy!?
Bombing abortion clinics, etc etc....

Quick Reply: Bush is increasing the number of anti-American muslims