Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush and Hurricane Katrina...how is he doin??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 10:50 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Bush and Hurricane Katrina...how is he doin??

hey wassups everyone,

just wanted to post to see what everyone's feelings are on how bush and this government is or has handled the whole hurricane relief effort. I can see certain sides to why and how certain things were handled but here are my views :

1. I can understand why it may have taken alil while for relief efforts to get into New Orleans for example...its such a wide area and so much damage that you may not know what you are going in to (diseases for ex.), so you get yourself prepared as much as possible..

2. I think Bush is a f*&kin *** and one of the, if not worst president ever....yeah i can understand the security issue, but when addressing the ppl of the United States, show at least alil compassion in your speech...its the same ol shiot that you hear in his damn Iraq campaign..."this is good for the ppl of the US, it will make us stronger as a nation." "We need to stay the course!"

3. Only when he is criticized for not caring for the ppl of the Gulf region because supposedly its low income and majority black does he go down there...and when you see every single shot now of him on the news, who is he hugging or flanked by = blacks...come on now...stop being so hypocritical..

4. He wants to head an investigation into why things took so long to get going for relief, when its his fault too...the national guard is here for the US for such events as this and where are the majority of our national guard...overseas of course...he takes more pride in handling his Iraq campaign then the ppl of the country he runs...

5. It took him 4 days to do something about the hurricane relief but took him less then 4 hours to nominate someone for chief justice after chief justice reihnquist passed away...again where is your head at bush!

6. It may be how politicians speak, but how can you keep reiterating how you understand what the ppl of the gulf region are going through and their pain, when you dont...stop saying that and focus your words in to what we can do to help them, not that you understand what they are going through and feeling...

7. TAKE THE BLAME BIOTCH!! CUZ YOUR DEPARMENTS, SUCH AS HOMELAND SECURITY JUST PLAIN *** SCREWED UP! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SAYING THAT YOU MESSED UP, AT LEAST THE PPL CAN HONOR YOUR SINCERITY AND HONESTY, BUT AGAIN LIKE EVERYTHING YOU LIED TO US!!

....this isnt even all of the complaints i have about him argghh.....sorry for the venting, but yeah after almost a week of seeing just hurricane stuff on tv and Bush's face on tv...it gets to ya...these are of course just my opinions...

...again keeping praying for the Gulf region ppl and donate either money or help if you can!!! thanks guys

- daniel
Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
While I soemwhat agree - this is the wrong forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Don't forget to beat up on the Governor of LA and the Mayor of New Orleans while you're at it. They share as much if not more of the blame.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:59 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by Racenut
Don't forget to beat up on the Governor of LA and the Mayor of New Orleans while you're at it. They share as much if not more of the blame.
agreed...but who was in charge of maintaining the levys??? just curious, i heard something about money being reallocated or refused to upgrade those levys...dont know by who though, but yeah some blame needs to be put on the ppl you mentioned too, they should have been ready and prepared for the inevitable
Old 09-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Someone emailed me this...
Attached Thumbnails Bush and Hurricane Katrina...how is he doin??-image001.jpg  
Old 09-06-2005, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I believe levys are owned by the Army Corp of Engineers, so Federal.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Who CONSTANTLY have been asking for money to make them better, only to be told by the Bush Administration no.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mcowger
Who CONSTANTLY have been asking for money to make them better, only to be told by the Bush Administration no.
I wasn't taking a position, just answering danyocandrifts question. I should have quoted him
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM

I realize you weren't. I quoted in order to make my response make sense .
Old 09-06-2005, 11:17 AM

this really isnt the forum for this..

but..
during disasters such as this..
the policy is dictated by a very large document which is written for each location.
all of the steps in the document for NO were ignored except the one telling people to leave the city.
the mayor is first in line.. he must use the resources he has to deal with the disaster.
then when he runs out of resources.. the state has to use its resources.
when that fails.. the federal government is called in.. the national guard is part of this. and fema.

what i heard before is that... the mayor and the state contacted the federal govt almost immediately. seeing as they have just aobut the highest rate of poverty of the largest 10 cities in the US, they probably ran out of resources almost immediately.

it took the govt 4 days to come in

i just heard this morning that there was a mobile medical installation out in the gulf right after the hurricane came through
with helicopters to rescue people, with at least 5 medical rooms to treat people.
.. it sat out in the gulf.. and the federal govt never got around to telling them to start rescue operations.

that is in addition to all the other snafu's that have apparently occurred during this disaster.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
I will put my own polotics aside for the moment.

First off here is what I can understand. Call it defending the governement.

1.It takes time to stage people and supplies to get into an affected area.
As an example it took three weeks for a Tank Battalion to move 300 miles when going into Iraq. For the military this was a land speed record. Supplies, and people take time to move. Lets, not forget that 80% of New Orleans was under water so a Semi traler full of food has a hard time making it there.

This is what I thought went wrong:
2. FEMA and the Red Cross SUCK!!
My Experiances:
A co-worker was one of the first naval ships to enter Florida after Hurracane Andrew.
The Red Cross had ten to fifteen semi trailers full of clothes and shoes. They were SELLING them out of the trucks to people with nothing on their backs!
The Naval commander rerouted three AC / HVAC technicians from FEMA to get a hospital, police station and a school that was being used as a shelter back online. FEMA wante dto arrest the workers because they didn't go where FEMA wanted them to go! Needless to say the Police thought FEMa was a bunch a dicks!
FEMA had a where house full of laptop computers for there field engineers to use so they could fill out forms quicker and get aid where it needed to be. These were never opened because FEMA thought they would get stolen!
3. I don't think the government expected the leves to brake in New Orleans, and the fact that it really hit full force caught a lot of folks off guard.
I think that we also under estimated how many people couldn't or wouldn't leave prior to the storm.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by sonicsuby

Not always the case. It is determined by state law and easements.

Here in Ca most all of the levees are maintained by private district that consist of farmers and land owners. Especially in the delta areas.

Not sure what the law is in LA but I’m trying to find out. Also trying to find out if the State has the right to supercede the feds to allocate funding toward levee projects. That's assuming they are completely owned by the Army Corps of Engineers. If it turns out they could have set aside funding then it's a completely bunk argument.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

I know that the Mississippi river is Army Corp of Engineers, and has been for some time, but yeah, don't know about Ponchatrain
Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
But the question still stands on whether or not state and local officials can supersede the feds by allocating funding toward levee projects.

If there was red-tape in place that simply prevented any means of funding from hotel taxes, state taxes, etc., then I would have to shift my stance back to the feds. If they could have contributed funds but decided to rely solely on only federal dollars, then it proves their priorities were still in the wrong places as they'd much rather give the Saints a reach-around with millions each year.

This is the information I cannot find.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblah
- daniel
You, my friend, are a certified asshat.
And that's all of a response your post warrants.

Quick Reply: Bush and Hurricane Katrina...how is he doin??