Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush: God made me do it

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Bush: God made me do it

So pissed off after reading this article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml

Not only has Bush and his uber-conservative evangelical block highjacked my faith, they are now bastardizing its message by proclaiming this nonsense.

Why cant Bush just say, "Well, I f***ed up pretty bigtime (Texas bigtime) on this whole war business, didnt I?" and release a nervous little chuckle???

Instead, he resorts to this kind of crap. Buck Fush!!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Yeah, this is old news. I look it both ways... one is your way and the other is based on the fact he's talking to God-fearing Palestinians. I think it's 50/50 or maybe even more of a diplomacy tactic. Would Bush dare say this in the lions den of San Francisco? Not unless he wanted to be booed off stage. It all depends on your audience.

Last edited by Salty; 10-06-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:06 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...so it doesn't scare either of you that Jr thinks god is talking to him and telling him how to utilize the military of the USA?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Some would say ones concience or gut feeling telling you to do something would be the same as god telling you, it just depends on perception and faith.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:40 PM

Car Info: Sline
I'm surprised the US media hasn't mentioned this. It's been over 4 months now.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:28 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
At the top it says something about an embargo...I think that's why...

EDIT: Well the first time I checked it out, it said it was 'embargoed' until today...now it doesn't say that anymore.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Yea, I'm wondering why this hasn't been mentioned here too. We all know our media is quick to exploit every flaw. Why not this. Hmmm. Perhaps because even our media see's the spin that Nabil Shaath (someone we all know and tust...lol) and the BBC (We know they have never exaggerated about anything + they love us) put on this one. Just a thought. This is the first I've heard of it...It's on I-club...it must be true.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:32 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Yea, I'm wondering why this hasn't been mentioned here too. We all know our media is quick to exploit every flaw. Why not this. Hmmm. Perhaps because even our media see's the spin that Nabil Shaath (someone we all know and tust...lol) and the BBC (We know they have never exaggerated about anything + they love us) put on this one. Just a thought. This is the first I've heard of it...It's on I-club...it must be true.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/nati...Spy-Probe.html

From NYT
Old 10-07-2005, 06:15 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
I love it how he is now using scare tactics to get his approval rating up.

"Hey, nobody likes me at home, so i'll just focus their attention to something else! Oh yeah and here are a bunch of terrorist attacks we stopped 2 years ago. And I frogot someone might bomb NYC so lets raise the terror rating! I swear I'm not trying to scare people into liking me!"
Old 10-07-2005, 06:27 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
Yeah, this is old news. I look it both ways... one is your way and the other is based on the fact he's talking to God-fearing Palestinians. I think it's 50/50 or maybe even more of a diplomacy tactic. Would Bush dare say this in the lions den of San Francisco? Not unless he wanted to be booed off stage. It all depends on your audience.

I agree here. I think he did mess up but had he been talking to anyone other than God fearing pseudo-militiants I don'tt think he would have said that. I think he said that in error with the attempt of showing them that he understands their motive in an attempt to build a little trust.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:37 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by NYT's Article: "Pentagon Analyst Pleads Guilty in Spy Case"
A top Pentagon analyst said he never meant to harm the United States when he leaked secret information to Israeli embassy officials and members of a pro-Israel lobbying group.
How can u give away our secrets and say that you're not trying to harm the U.S?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:59 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I agree here. I think he did mess up but had he been talking to anyone other than God fearing pseudo-militiants I don'tt think he would have said that. I think he said that in error with the attempt of showing them that he understands their motive in an attempt to build a little trust.
You guys prolly hit the nail on the head.

Still, as much as I dislike the idea, he is sort of like an ambassador of my faith, and when he goes out and says stuff like that I think that it can cause irreperable harm.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by dub2w
You guys prolly hit the nail on the head.

Still, as much as I dislike the idea, he is sort of like an ambassador of my faith, and when he goes out and says stuff like that I think that it can cause irreperable harm.
I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that he was making an attempt at showing that his motives for peace in the middle east are also in line with theirs. No one wants to work with some to relate to.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
White House denies Bush claimed divine inspiration

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/1....nstalu7a.html
Old 10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Funny how this information has been widely circulated since it happened over 2 years ago, and yet only now does the white house issue a denial.

It's like trying to re-classify documents which are already in the public domain, these guys are coming off their hinges

Quick Reply: Bush: God made me do it