Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush coming to town... how do you report threats or suspicious activity?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Bush coming to town... how do you report threats or suspicious activity?

Nevermind... y'all will think I'm paranoid

Last edited by HellaDumb; 04-21-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM

You can report tips here... better safe than sorry.
https://tips.fbi.gov/

Last edited by HellaDumb; 04-21-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
*slaps head*

Old 04-21-2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
*slaps head*

LOL... that's excellent! You know you're an eggplant, right?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I don't think you're paranoid at all. It's better to know you tried rather than having the guilt on your conscience should anything actually happen. Could be two guys late to clean a carpet, could be two guys reconnoitering the area to plant a nuke. Contrary to what Dre thinks, terrorists don't just show-up to events by osmosis. They drive cars like the rest of us and display emotion like regular human beings. I remember driving up to DC on I95 back in the day when the DC sniper was afoot. They had everything that resembled a van on the shoulder of the freeway getting searched.

Could a white muslim or anti-Bush fanatic be working on a plot to kill Bush? Absolutely. I'm just glad there's someone on the other end of that FBI form that accepts the fact that profiling is necessary. You email them that you saw two arabs weaving in and out of traffic with concerned looks on their face and you're damn skippy the people at the FBI are tracking with your train of though. It's nice to know the FBI isn't the equivalent of the ACLU with some puke saying, "there is ***gotry afoot here."
Old 04-21-2006, 04:14 PM

Yeah, it's a bit unnerving when he's coming to a place in the US with such a high muslim concentration.

It seems though the govt does a pretty throrough job of protecting him. There were apparently 5 helicopters landing at Cisco and just a minute ago a fighter jet went screaming overhead my house in Fremont in a South-east direction... not the usual routine when you live in the bay area. I've never seen anything going that fast before!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I just went and tried to see him on campus...he's at the Hoover institute meeting with friends apparently. Saw the helicopters land, saw his motorcade...but never got a glimpse of the man himself. Too bad, this is the only chance I've ever had to see a president in person.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
I just went and tried to see him on campus...he's at the Hoover institute meeting with friends apparently. Saw the helicopters land, saw his motorcade...but never got a glimpse of the man himself. Too bad, this is the only chance I've ever had to see a president in person.

He isn't worth seeing.

The security around the president is intense. I've seen several motorcades and they are freaking CRAZY. Not to mention the helicopters and supposed snipers. My sister has been in one and said it was surreal.

The best way would be to call the police. They might not take you seriously though.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
He isn't worth seeing.

The security around the president is intense. I've seen several motorcades and they are freaking CRAZY. Not to mention the helicopters and supposed snipers. My sister has been in one and said it was surreal.

The best way would be to call the police. They might not take you seriously though.
I was on the QRF (quick reaction force) in a blackhawk for the President when he visited Fayetteville and Raleigh, NC. Ft. Bragg has a system where everyone rotates on a 1 month detail session. You might be standing on the 50 yard line of a football game, doing some highspeed real word duty, or even something degrading as far as elite paratroopers and SOF personnel are concerned.

We had full battle rattle. I was rocking a brand new mil dot scope on a certain weapon i will not disclose. The security was more than adequate when he was in Raleigh and unpenetrable when he was Fayettville, home of Special Operations. This was during his first term when his approval rating was above 33% Around the time when the post 9/11 patriotism was thick... we basically wanted to impress him and make sure nothing happened on our turf.

Last edited by Salty; 04-21-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:13 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
When Clinton was first elected I rode in his motorcade down the 101. It was dope.

Bush shouldnt be hard to spot. Look for either the shortest person in the group or a little moneky swinging from limb to limb above the procession. Dont forget the bananas

:banana:
Old 04-22-2006, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
I don't think you're paranoid at all. It's better to know you tried rather than having the guilt on your conscience should anything actually happen. Could be two guys late to clean a carpet, could be two guys reconnoitering the area to plant a nuke. Contrary to what Dre thinks, terrorists don't just show-up to events by osmosis. They drive cars like the rest of us and display emotion like regular human beings. I remember driving up to DC on I95 back in the day when the DC sniper was afoot. They had everything that resembled a van on the shoulder of the freeway getting searched.

Could a white muslim or anti-Bush fanatic be working on a plot to kill Bush? Absolutely. I'm just glad there's someone on the other end of that FBI form that accepts the fact that profiling is necessary. You email them that you saw two arabs weaving in and out of traffic with concerned looks on their face and you're damn skippy the people at the FBI are tracking with your train of though. It's nice to know the FBI isn't the equivalent of the ACLU with some puke saying, "there is ***gotry afoot here."
SOB what was i thinking!!!!

i better call up jack at CTU and let him on this data so he can have it datamined yo!

when exactly was the last time you talked to a SA tasked to a CT team? I doubt you are qualified to state what they "the fedz(tm)" are thinking. (stick to .mil)

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 04-22-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Like you are? Please.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

stick to .mil

its your "turf"
Old 04-22-2006, 04:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dub2w
When Clinton was first elected I rode in his motorcade down the 101. It was dope.
That was you kneeling in front of Bubba!?!

Originally Posted by dub2w
Bush shouldnt be hard to spot. Look for either the shortest person in the group or a little moneky swinging from limb to limb above the procession. Dont forget the bananas

:banana:
He's just under 6ft tall.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
stick to .mil

its your "turf"
What exactly is your turf, dre? Although electronic terrorism does exist and is a serious concern, I don't think the Secret Service has to worry about any "electronic bullets" striking the President. You’re a broke dick computer geek... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Bush coming to town... how do you report threats or suspicious activity?