Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush: Anti-war = pro-terrorist

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Bush: Anti-war = pro-terrorist

I cant believe Bush is still trying to rally his conservative, hawkish base by claiming that those who are against the war are "comforting the enemy".

What a load of bush!t.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/art...350S01.DTL&o=0

Last edited by dub2w; 01-10-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:54 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
It's a bullshyte argument to hide from criticism that the administration fooked up in Iraq from the inception of this action.

There are going to be about fifty democratic veterans running for national and state office in 2006. (google "fighting dems") Republicans (most of them never served) are running scared.....and for good reason.

Bush is using every tool in his arsenal to keep congress for the republicans....including the use of disinformation and falsehoods.....it won't work, but I'm not surprised he's using these sorts of tactics.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by lojasmo
There are going to be about fifty democratic veterans running for national and state office in 2006. (google "fighting dems") Republicans (most of them never served) are running scared.....and for good reason.
source?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
It's a bullshyte argument to hide from criticism that the administration fooked up in Iraq from the inception of this action.
Yes, you are right! There are NO terrorists in Iraq, and a victory there would just be outright silly! A democracy in the middle of the Middle East wouldn't spread and help reform islam, nor buy the U.S. a relationship that could avert WWIV. We don't need those stinking bases to flex our stinking muscles! We could just use jedi mind tricks to maintain our role in the world!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by jvick125
source?
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3348791 among others.

Originally Posted by hella
Yes, you are right! There are NO terrorists in Iraq, and a victory there would just be outright silly! A democracy in the middle of the Middle East wouldn't spread and help reform islam, nor buy the U.S. a relationship that could avert WWIV. We don't need those stinking bases to flex our stinking muscles! We could just use jedi mind tricks to maintain our role in the world!
Drunk already, eh?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I can't believe this thread got started.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Just helps me realize how important these upcoming elections are. I don't want Democrats to sweep all three (senate, presidency, congress) but just to hold one. Keep the wack jobs in both parties in check.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
Just helps me realize how important these upcoming elections are. I don't want Democrats to sweep all three (senate, presidency, congress) but just to hold one. Keep the wack jobs in both parties in check.
I'd be happy with any two.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 PM

You must be reading something different...

Originally Posted by Article
"...Republicans are confident they can maintain their traditional strength among voters focused on the military and veterans' issues, said Carl Forti of the National Republican Congressional Campaign Committee, which recruits Republican candidates across the country.

"People may not like the war, but they still believe that Republicans will do a better job of protecting them than Democrats," Forti said. "And if Democrats want to try to make an issue of the war and security, especially Democrats who have a voting record - they have an abysmal voting record on defense spending."
Yeah, Republicans sound REAL scared."

"In Colorado, both Fawcett and Winter are likely to face uphill battles against the Republican incumbents."[/QUOTE]

I think you read the wrong article.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:37 AM

You must be reading something different...

Yeah, Republicans sound REAL scared."

"In Colorado, both Fawcett and Winter are likely to face uphill battles against the Republican incumbents."
I think you read the wrong article.[/QUOTE]

Ah...I found a source in retrospect. Of course, the rethuglican in the article is gonna put positive spin on it....and of course colorado is an outlier being a strong red state....most of the races are in more moderate states.

It's okay...I'm not worried, and am content to see how things play out in november. I think these veterans of recent foreign wars are going to look pretty good running against fat old guys who've never served, and have spent lots of time in washington getting rich off of Abramoff.

Last edited by lojasmo; 01-12-2006 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:24 AM

Ah...I found a source in retrospect. Of course, the rethuglican in the article is gonna put positive spin on it....and of course Colorado is an outlier being a strong red state....most of the races are in more moderate states.

It's okay...I'm not worried, and am content to see how things play out in November. I think these veterans of recent foreign wars are going to look pretty good running against fat old guys who've never served, and have spent lots of time in washington getting rich off of Abramoff.
I was just pointing out that you gavea false source. Nothing in there indicated that Republicans are.... how did u put it?
running scared.....and for good reason.
I just wanted a source that indicated something along those lines. In the article you provided, it showed both parties being fairly confident.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:40 AM

I was just pointing out that you gavea false source. Nothing in there indicated that Republicans are.... how did u put it?

I just wanted a source that indicated something along those lines. In the article you provided, it showed both parties being fairly confident.
Ah....yeah...the sources that I frequent are leftist sites...and of course as blatantly partisan as they guy in the article I cited.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:04 AM

Ah....yeah...the sources that I frequent are leftist sites...and of course as blatantly partisan as they guy in the article I cited.
aka, you failed.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:17 AM

aka, you failed.

I suppose.....we'll see on November second.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:18 AM

I suppose.....we'll see on November second.
What? No... wow.... OK, I'm done with this.

This is like talking to a 3 year old.

Quick Reply: Bush: Anti-war = pro-terrorist