Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush accepts blame, ensures Republican Victory in '08

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Bush accepts blame, ensures Republican Victory in '08

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050913/..._washington_14

tidbit:
WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and said the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.
------------------------

Hahahaha....."To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right" = shifting blame to the State of LA. You must admit this is/was well played Yeah Rove!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 09-13-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:26 AM

Car Info: Sline
Wait what? Really he just took the blame for something!? Awesome, he just scored some points in my book.

Is this the first time he's admitted a (for lack of better word) mistake?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
But HellaDumb, why are you blaming Bush for everything??

Even if he is pandering to potential voters who are disgruntled with his side-stepping of every major mistake, at least he sacked up and came clean.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:35 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I too am truely amazed, I did not think he was capable of admitting mistakes...

oh wait- I see he didn't actually admit to making mistakes, he only said "I accept responsibility" I guess since he won't be up for re-election it's safe to say that.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
haha... nice catch on the symantics

:kicking the ground as I grovel about disingenuine speech writers:
Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by psoper
oh wait- I see he didn't actually admit to making mistakes, he only said "I accept responsibility" I guess since he won't be up for re-election it's safe to say that.
But you don't acknowledge what he's taking responsibility for. He's not taking responsilibty for the Red Soxs winning the world series, the new exciting ride at Six Flags, or anything "good." He's taking responsibility for a federal disaster which equates to him admitting mistakes were made at his level and every level below him.

He basically footed the bill for everyone's lack of capacity in the entire federal government that should have played a much faster part. Major points in my book as well. Because although the buck stops at the President regarding the federal government, there's no possible way he could, or should be required to micro-manage.

Last edited by Salty; 09-13-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 AM

"equates to admitting that mistakes were made at all levels" is not the same as admitting personally that HE made mistakes.

Again, I really don't think he is capable of that, his mom probably brow beat him into a state of unrealistic self-esteem as a child- but time and time again whenever he's called out for personal failings he is in this state of denial- this almost looks like a shift but when you get right down to it the same sociopathic behavior is clearly evident.

I like how he says they are going to look into "what went right" as well as what went wrong.... I can save them several millions in investigative costs by stating that nothing went right.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
"equates to admitting that mistakes were made at all levels" is not the same as admitting personally that HE made mistakes.

Again, I really don't think he is capable of that, his mom probably brow beat him into a state of unrealistic self-esteem as a child- but time and time again whenever he's called out for personal failings he is in this state of denial- this almost looks like a shift but when you get right down to it the same sociopathic behavior is clearly evident.
No, it's the same as admitting EVERYONE made mistakes because that's what really happened. That's all he can do given the fact he's not a one man super-force, and because he's not micro-managing everything down to the custodian level. But you'll never be happy though... you'd only be happy if Bush was nailed to a cross while giving the speech.

Last edited by Salty; 09-13-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
No, it's the same as admitting EVERYONE made mistakes because that's what really happened. That's all he can do given the fact he's not a one man super-force, and because he's not micro-managing everything down to the custodian level. But you'll never be happy though... you'd only be happy if Bush was nailed to a cross while giving the speech.
Exactly, psoper will complain regardless of what is done in the same way a nagging house wife would. You not giving credit to him when he publically admitted fault is far worse then him denying responsibility. Every day you lose your reputation on these boards. Grow up and look at things from open-minded standpoint and people just might start listening to what you have to say.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
... you'd only be happy if Bush was nailed to a cross while giving the speech.

Heck I'd even be satisfied by a criminal indictment and impeachment.

But (this will probably surprise some of you) I'll go so far as to admit that it isn't W. I have a problem with, (although his sociopathic nature is disturbing to me) as much as the criminals he is beholding to, not to mention the sheer corruption of Dick Cheney and the vile aspiration of world dominace put forth by the PNAC.

Clear up those things, and I could probably get along fine with W., although there's still no way I'd ever vote for someone so totally and absolutely unqualified for President.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM

I like how he says they are going to look into "what went right" as well as what went wrong.... I can save them several millions in investigative costs by stating that nothing went right.
Oh, it sounds like you were there. Maybe you could fill us in on some of your experiences.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Oh, it sounds like you were there. Maybe you could fill us in on some of your experiences.
No, I'm just going on what Geraldo and Shep Smith told me on the TV
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM

No, I'm just going on what Geraldo and Shep Smith told me on the TV
Apparently, good job with your choice of sources.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Well, Bush was the one responsible for appointing Michael Brown as first Under Secretary of Emergency Preparedness and Response right after Brown got canned from his last job

<snip> Brown was forced out of the position after a spate of lawsuits over alleged supervision failures.
``He was asked to resign,'' Bill Pennington, president of the IAHA at the time, confirmed last night.

This administration has also now given another no-bid contract to the certifiably incompetent Kellogg, Brown, and Root to assist with cleanup.

From the GAO investigation into KB&R's work in Iraq:

<snip>A third or more of the government property Halliburton Co. was paid to manage for the U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq could not be located by auditors, investigative reports to Congress show.

Halliburton's KBR subsidiary ''did not effectively manage government property'' and auditors could not locate hundreds of CPA items worth millions of dollars in Iraq and Kuwait this summer and fall, Inspector General Stuart W. Bowen reported to Congress in two reports. <snip>

So Bush can keep "taking responsibility" for the inevitible financial malfeasance, and logistical screw ups which are sure to ensue.

Last edited by lojasmo; 09-13-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
One small step for man, one huge tumble down a flight of stairs for mankind.

Quick Reply: Bush accepts blame, ensures Republican Victory in '08