Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Buchanan lays it on thick like gravy in new book

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Buchanan lays it on thick like gravy in new book

I just caught excerpts on Drudge...

“We are not hated for who we are. We are hated for what we do. It is not our principles that have spawned pandemic hatred of America in the Islamic world. It is our policies.” (80)

“The Beltway Right has entered into a civil union with Big Brother.” (Page 176)

On the Bush Doctrine:

“[A] prescription for permanent war for permanent peace, though wars are the death of republics.” (6)

The Bush National Security Strategy “is the imperial edict of a superpower out to exploit its present supremacy to make itself permanent Lord Protector of the universe.” (26)

“This is democratic imperialism. This will bleed, bankrupt and isolate this republic. This overthrows the wisdom of the Founding Fathers about what America should be all about.” (35)

I hve never been a big fan of Buchanan (though I did watch his show with Bill Press), but some of this stuff is pretty interesting. This might be worth a browse at the library
Old 08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
You know when crackpots like Buchanan start ripping into the administration it really shows just how messed up things are.

All of those above points are worth noting, I think he's a lot more right (by that I mean correct) than most of you guys would want to admit.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
hate to say it but ia gree with the man on the above points
Old 08-23-2004, 03:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Why do you consider Buchanan a "crackpot"?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:16 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/b/...at/berlet.html

or

http://www.dirac.org/p/etc/buchanan.html

Just googling "Pat Buchanan crackpot" comes up with a dozen sites

Not saying I agree with everything posited there, but he does have a history of some very extreme views, I mean if you have Bill Bennett saying you "flirt with fascism" ....

(and as if that isn't the kettle calling the pot less than shiney....)

Last edited by psoper; 08-23-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Gleaned for above site:

Pat Buchanan's Supporters

Ku Klux Klan

As of 23Feb96, the Chairman of his South Carolina Presidential Campaign was fired because of his support of David Duke (former Grand Dragon of the KKK), and attendance at National Association of Advancement of White People (NAAWP) rallies. Duke, on National Television, stated his complete support for Buchanan, saying he was `The best hope for America'. This endorsement should speak volumes for Pat Buchanan. Duke was not allowed to officially join the campaign, and Buchanan is eager to distance himself the whole thing, wanting people to not notice his dictator-potential, and instead focus on his mantra of "jobs, sovereignty, leadership..."

Vladimir Zhirinovsky

Also on 23Feb96, Vladimir Zhirinovsky called Buchanan a `brother in arms', and told him they would be able to work together to deport U.S. and Russian Jews. Zhirinovsky is running for president of Russia. Besides promising to export the Jews, he is also promising free vodka for Russian citizens. Interfax quotes Zhirinovsky's letter to Buchanan: "You say that congress is `Israeli Occupied Territory'. We have the same situation in Russia. So, to survive, we could set aside places on U.S. and Russian territory to deport this small but troublesome tribe." Does this sound familiar to anyone knowledgable of European politics in the 1930's?

National Association of White People

Buchanan also fired a Florida county campaign chairwoman for being a leader of the National Association of White People, and -- less expeditiously -- put campaign co-chairman Larry Pratt on leave following criticism for his deep connections to the racist and anti-Semitic far right.

Violent anti-abortion terrorists

One of Pat's 4 national co-chairman, Michael Farris, attended the "White Rose Banquet", a dinner honoring antiabortion activists who have gone to jail for acts of violence against abortion clinics and physicians. Paul Hill, convicted of murdering a doctor and his bodyguard, received a special award.

Still, we shouldnt throw out the baby with the bath water... he brings up some legit points in the first post IMO