Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

British Civilians Are Fair Targets

Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
British Civilians Are Fair Targets

LONDON - As London braces for another feared attack, two prominent British Islamic militants say British civilians are fair targets.

“We don’t live in peace with you anymore,” said Abu Uzair in an interview on BBC Newsnight.

Abu Uzair and Abu Izzadeen — both British citizens — justified and even praised the attacks, which killed 52 people. “What I would say about those who do suicide operations or martyrdom operations — ‘suicide’ is a phrase coined by the media, they’re completely praise-worthy,” said Abu Izzadeen.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8816054/

Stunning.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by IS2Scooby
Those two should be canditates for Barrett M-82 Sniper training videos....

I would pay to see that shiet!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
so much for free speech huh guys...

better just start censoring everything, that way you dont have to hear stuff you dont want to hear..

makes life easier when everyone says the same thing..
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
so much for free speech huh guys...

better just start censoring everything, that way you dont have to hear stuff you dont want to hear..

makes life easier when everyone says the same thing..
There is free speech and then there is inciting terror...I think this falls under the latter. Any reasonable person would probably find it that way....

bolded for the people that have a hard time with "reason"

EDIT: I also find this extremely funny coming from the guy who just got de-modded for limiting someone's free speech....

CLASSIC!!!!

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 08-04-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

haha

you would be stupid to think that this forum has anything resembling free speech, nor does our country.

And free speech in its truest form would ALLOW FOR INCITMENT OF TERROR.

as for the mod thing, i could give a ****, if the people around here want to be *****s so be it. Keep trying to throw **** my way and you will be in for a hellua rude awakening.

If you think i was a dick when i was a mod, wait to see what happens when the gloves are off

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST
GOOD LORD IM ****ING FREE AT LAST

and last i checked enforcing the laws of the land was anything BUT limiting free speech, if these ****wits want to run the ship the way they do with no laws then by all ****ing means let em i say. They just are going to have to figure it out again, that sooner or later there is going to have to be rules that can be ENFORCED.

But hey we may not be dealing with the sharpest nails in the box, as it was what 3 months ago that we went over this very issue with helladumb?

things seemed to have worked out damn well then..

Funny how people forget so quickly.

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 08-04-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
Yelling fire in a crowded theatre is not covered by free speech and neither should the drivel those Islamofacists are saying.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

what version of free speech are you talking about again?

American or other?

Free speech in its purest form and meaning of those two words would dictate that ALL SPEECH IS FREE, so YELLING FIRE in a crowded theatre WOULD be confined within the boundaries of said CONCEPT.

Now the actuall application of said words varies from society to society, and ruler to ruler, goverment to goverment, and religion to religion.

you get it yet?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
Your hypothetical concept of freedom of speech is wonderful and all, but does not translate to the real world. I understand what you are saying, but you cannot have a civil society safe for all it's members if you place utopian concepts into the framework of present day civilization.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
There is free speech and then there is inciting terror...I think this falls under the latter. Any reasonable person would probably find it that way....
No doubt. Your free speech rights go right out the ****ing window when you incite terror or declare war on a group. You better be able to dance.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

as for the mod thing, i could give a ****, if the people around here want to be *****s so be it. Keep trying to throw **** my way and you will be in for a hellua rude awakening.

If you think i was a dick when i was a mod, wait to see what happens when the gloves are off

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST
GOOD LORD IM ****ING FREE AT LAST

and last i checked enforcing the laws of the land was anything BUT limiting free speech, if these ****wits want to run the ship the way they do with no laws then by all ****ing means let em i say. They just are going to have to figure it out again, that sooner or later there is going to have to be rules that can be ENFORCED.

But hey we may not be dealing with the sharpest nails in the box, as it was what 3 months ago that we went over this very issue with helladumb?

things seemed to have worked out damn well then..

Funny how people forget so quickly.
Dude, just stop throwing your stupid little e-threats out there. No one here is afraid of you in any form......Are you going to yell at me on an internet forum? OOOOOOH scary!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
what version of free speech are you talking about again?
American or other?
Free speech in its purest form and meaning of those two words would dictate that ALL SPEECH IS FREE, so YELLING FIRE in a crowded theatre WOULD be confined within the boundaries of said CONCEPT.
Now the actuall application of said words varies from society to society, and ruler to ruler, goverment to goverment, and religion to religion.
you get it yet?
Dude, you should be a lawyer. I'd love to see your talents used against the ACLU.... then again, you'd probably be on their side.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by svxr8dr
Your hypothetical concept of freedom of speech is wonderful and all, but does not translate to the real world. I understand what you are saying, but you cannot have a civil society safe for all it's members if you place utopian concepts into the framework of present day civilization.

hypothetical nothing..

you are the one clinging to a hypothetical notion..

free speech

free = a : having no trade restrictions b : not subject to government regulation c of foreign exchange : not subject to restriction or official control

speech = 1 a : the communication or expression of thoughts in spoken words b : exchange of spoken words : CONVERSATION
2 a : something that is spoken : UTTERANCE b : a usually public discourse : ADDRESS
3 a : LANGUAGE, DIALECT b : an individual manner or style of speaking
4 : the power of expressing or communicating thoughts by speaking

Looks to me like im the one using the TRUE meaning of FREE SPEECH, you are just clinging to a notion of what THIS SOCIETY CONSIDERS FREE SPEECH. Which is anything but.

Do i think one is better then the other? Not really, each has its place.

My own feelings is that there should be limits to what is said. Granted there shouldnt be many, but if the words that are spoken or communicated are done in a manner to directly and maliciously cause harm (physhical) then those are a nono.

of course libel, slander, etc still is somewhat legit, even tho i think people should have a bit thicker skin and not fall back to such things with out due need.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Dude, just stop throwing your stupid little e-threats out there. No one here is afraid of you in any form......Are you going to yell at me on an internet forum? OOOOOOH scary!

e-threats?

rofl nuke, no threats man only the cold hard truth.

Sorry you think i was going to beat you up and take your lunch money. Im talking about the gloves coming off in a verbal and communicative manner. IE i have no bull**** rules holding me back at this point (not a mod, dont have to worry about peoples toes anymore).

So with that being said prepare for your world notions to be smashed, destroyed, and other wise mutalted with my insane ability of cutting and pasting from the most abstract websites on the intraweb

ps lick my ***** and call me nurse johnson
Old 08-04-2005, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Dude, you should be a lawyer. I'd love to see your talents used against the ACLU.... then again, you'd probably be on their side.

lawyers are cool

and i have lots of lawyer buddies, hell my gf is going to be one soon.

as for the aclu, every orginization has its share of douchebags.

the aclu is not exempt from such things as well.

nor is your favorite administration.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

e-threats?

rofl nuke, no threats man only the cold hard truth.

Sorry you think i was going to beat you up and take your lunch money. Im talking about the gloves coming off in a verbal and communicative manner. IE i have no bull**** rules holding me back at this point (not a mod, dont have to worry about peoples toes anymore).

So with that being said prepare for your world notions to be smashed, destroyed, and other wise mutalted with my insane ability of cutting and pasting from the most abstract websites on the intraweb
I look forward to it wholeheartedly.....LOL

Definately didn't think you would beat me up....Even if I thought you had the slightest chance in hell at it, I wouldn't be scared.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: British Civilians Are Fair Targets