Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The breakdown in perspective & predictions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:48 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Is your freind giving up his citizenship or is he just living abroad? I'm not for ignoring other countries, but you have to understand that those people want what is best for them not us. And people in that position are not the best advisors. That said a strong coalition against terror is a must.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Nothing about their doctrine, or the beginnings of their religion are any more remarkable (or insane as you put it) than any other religion I've yet studied.

Hahaha jeez, bigot is such a strong word, deyes. Let me put it this way - i think just about every religion is insane. Every religion is beautiful, weird, mysterious, psychedelic, necessary and destructive - but in the end every single one boils down to a series of stories and principles that try and keep us hairless apes from raping and killing each other ALL THE TIME and to attempt to explain the great mystery of our existence. But its just mythology. The gods of the ancient greeks were just as real to them as jesus is to you - oh yeah, but they are MYTHOLOGY, right? There is no possible way that JESUS falls into that category as well, right? NUH UH. Because the greek religion died off, so obviously the most enduring religion must be the correct one....Ooops, wait, that would make it Bhuddism! PAGANS! PAGANS!

Joseph smith was a predatory shaman, a man who basically modified the bible so he could have multiple wives. Regardless of whether he was a good guy or not, he was what is regarded as a shaman. A spiritual leader. And because of his desire to **** multiple women, he is predatory. Now, don't try and pass off his motives as being higher than the average joe's - if there was a man attempting that today you'd call him a manipulate womanizer. Luckily, nothing blurs the lines quite like time and a hugely successful religion, right?

I'm sorry to get your goat deyes - but im not a bigot - I dont hate PEOPLE- I just wish people wouldnt subscribe to such absurd fairlytales and claim them to be the complete and final truth

sorry for the threadjack, im done

Last edited by constellation; 11-03-2004 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

He translates books into English. So he is just working abroad.

Originally Posted by deyes
Is your freind giving up his citizenship or is he just living abroad? I'm not for ignoring other countries, but you have to understand that those people want what is best for them not us. And people in that position are not the best advisors. That said a strong coalition against terror is a must.
Isn't that what we want? How can we blame them for wanting what is best for them? Plus, most of these countries were ravaged by war just 60 years ago and they are very much against going to war. They view that as a last resort. I can't help but agree with them.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
There are more Mormons in CA than in any other state in the union. I happen to know a lot of Mormons. They're good people, a lot of people seem not to like them. I find that those people know little about the Mormon religion, and what they do know is more often then not completely false or misunderstood.

I know PLENTY about mormanism and can't stand them. I live in Antioch, a largely mormon city. My girlfriend of four years was a mormon. Mormon's beliefes are more in line with a cult than a religion. End of story. Why don't you explain to the folks here how the mormons believe when you die you become the equivilent to gods over other planets. And don't try and tell me I'm making that one up. A got into a long debate with a Mormon Bishop at the Oakland, CA temple about three years ago and that is exactly what he was proclaiming. Nut jobs they are. One thing I will give them, however, is that they are a peaceful religion, so I have no problem with them there.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/mormon.htm

-Chris

p.s. they think god lives near a star called Kolob. Koo koo!

"God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 218, 1857; Vol. 8, p. 115). This one is disputed among many Mormons and not always 'officially' taught and believed. Nevertheless, Brigham Young, the second prophet of the Mormon church, taught it."

KOO KOO I SAY!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by constellation
Hahaha jeez, bigot is such a strong word, deyes. Let me put it this way - i think just about every religion is insane. Every religion is beautiful, weird, mysterious, psychedelic, necessary and destructive - but in the end every single one boils down to a series of stories and principles that try and keep us hairless apes from raping and killing each other ALL THE TIME and to attempt to explain the great mystery of our existence. But its just mythology. The gods of the ancient greeks were just as real to them as jesus is to you - oh yeah, but they are MYTHOLOGY, right? There is no possible way that JESUS falls into that category as well, right? NUH UH. Because the greek religion died off, so obviously the most enduring religion must be the correct one....Ooops, wait, that would make it Bhuddism! PAGANS! PAGANS!
If you don't like religion that your choice, I didn't say anything about who's religion was right or not.

a man who basically modified the bible so he could have multiple wives.
Modified the Bible? You have not read any part of the Book of Mormon have you? It says nothing in there about multiple wives, that was a later "revelation" by the prophet and is detailed in another Mormon scripture called the Doctrine and Covenants.

Regardless of whether he was a good guy or not, he was what is regarded as a shaman. A spiritual leader. And because of his desire to **** multiple women, he is predatory. Now, don't try and pass off his motives as being higher than the average joe's - if there was a man attempting that today you'd call him a manipulate womanizer.
Actually I would call him a man between 12yrs old and dead. lol!

I'm sorry to get your goat deyes - but im not a bigot - I dont hate PEOPLE- I just wish people wouldnt subscribe to such absurd fairlytales and claim them to be the complete and final truth

sorry for the threadjack, im done
The first step to conquering bigotry is to first admit it to ones self constellation. I hope you can take that first step with me. lol! I too am done.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
I know PLENTY about mormanism and can't stand them. I live in Antioch, a largely mormon city. My girlfriend of four years was a mormon. Mormon's beliefes are more in line with a cult than a religion. End of story.
Cult, religion who are we to say?

Why don't you explain to the folks here how the mormons believe when you die you become the equivilent to gods over other planets. And don't try and tell me I'm making that one up. A got into a long debate with a Mormon Bishop at the Oakland, CA temple about three years ago and that is exactly what he was proclaiming.
No arguement there, a lot of Mormons do believe that, although I'm not sure if it is official doctorine. That belief stems from a verse in the Bible proclaiming that the followers of Christ were to be joint heirs to their fathers kingdom. Actually the way it was explained to me was quite logical, why would a father want anything less than he has for his children? Where we created to be in eternal servitude to God or for something more? You make the call.

He's got to live somewhere right? lol!

"God had sexual relations with Mary to make the body of Jesus (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 218, 1857; Vol. 8, p. 115). This one is disputed among many Mormons and not always 'officially' taught and believed. Nevertheless, Brigham Young, the second prophet of the Mormon church, taught it."

KOO KOO I SAY!
I'd venture a guess and say that if its "not always 'officially' taught and believed"
Then its probably not official teaching and doctrine of the LDS church. As I said no more remarkable or crazy than any other religion out there.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Modified the Bible? You have not read any part of the Book of Mormon have you? It says nothing in there about multiple wives, that was a later "revelation" by the prophet and is detailed in another Mormon scripture called the Doctrine and Covenants.
The Book of Mormon has shapeshifted in eary ways. I know of Mormon families who, in the 1970s, participated in large book burning ceremonies. This was done to eradicate certain aspects of their faith to give them a clean slate. I have heard this from the mouths of those participants.

If they want to start their own religion that is there own perogative. But piggy-backing on the Christian faith does not need to be and should not be tolerated by earnest believers of Christ. This is the bane of living in a relativist, politically-correct society
Old 11-03-2004, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Actually I would call him a man between 12yrs old and dead. lol!

Hhaahaha, you got me there.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

I'd venture a guess and say that if its "not always 'officially' taught and believed"
Then its probably not official teaching and doctrine of the LDS church. As I said no more remarkable or crazy than any other religion out there.

But it was tought by their primary spokesman. Hell, they've named their colleges after him. Supporting the memory of a man who tought such things as that makes me question a mormans intelligence.

-Chris
Old 11-03-2004, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by dub2w
The Book of Mormon has shapeshifted in eary ways. I know of Mormon families who, in the 1970s, participated in large book burning ceremonies. This was done to eradicate certain aspects of their faith to give them a clean slate. I have heard this from the mouths of those participants.
I've heard that words were changed after it was first printed, this is the first I've heard of any book burning ceremonies. But I've found no end to Mormon persecution, the number of anti Mormon websites is astounding! I think that there has been more effort to debunk the Mormon religion than any other religion in history! I believe this is reflex of other faiths that are "losing" conversions to what I read somewhere is the fastest growing religion on the planet.

Originally Posted by dub2w
If they want to start their own religion that is there own perogative. But piggy-backing on the Christian faith does not need to be and should not be tolerated by earnest believers of Christ. This is the bane of living in a relativist, politically-correct society.
Some people don't need others to tell them they are Christians.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM

But it was tought by their primary spokesman. Hell, they've named their colleges after him. Supporting the memory of a man who tought such things as that makes me question a mormans intelligence.

-Chris
My question would be was he acting officialy as a prophet when he made such statements? In other words did he claim that it was revelation from God or was it how he as a man interpereted something? We celebrate Columbus day in this country for crying out loud! What is stupid about followers of a Church naming a college or street after one of their early prophets?

Last edited by deyes; 11-03-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

Haha, that made me laugh. I don't know whether its true or not, but there's an area of Utah called Kolob. Haha
Old 11-03-2004, 05:40 PM

My question would be was he acting officialy as a prophet when he made such statements? In other words did he claim that it was revelation from God or was it how he as a man interpereted something? We celebrate Columbus day in this country for crying out loud! What is stupid about followers of a Church naming a college or street after one of their early prophets?

He claimed to be a prophet I believe. And since you made that statement earlier, I'll give you some examples how wacked out that religion is. A friend of mine who is a mormon right now, has a sister who pops out children as fast as she can so the souls of other mormons can come back to Earth, something like that. Also no coffee for them because why? You guessed it religious reasons. Wanna know the real reason? It was a cash crop. This is a religion formed around a man who was a cult leader you figure it out. Shrug whats the point of this you still won't agree that mormons have a wacky religion.

HAHAHAHAH Don't they all get a planet?!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered
He claimed to be a prophet I believe. And since you made that statement earlier, I'll give you some examples how wacked out that religion is. A friend of mine who is a mormon right now, has a sister who pops out children as fast as she can so the souls of other mormons can come back to Earth, something like that. Also no coffee for them because why? You guessed it religious reasons. Wanna know the real reason? It was a cash crop. This is a religion formed around a man who was a cult leader you figure it out. Shrug whats the point of this you still won't agree that mormons have a wacky religion.

HAHAHAHAH Don't they all get a planet?!
Right but when he was peeing or talking cars he wasn't acting as the pro[het in his official capacity. In other words, did he say "this is revelation I received from god" or did he say as an ordinary man "I think.." and Mormons don't believe in reincarnation. I don't agree with you cause you don't know ish about it. You just can't admit it because that would mean that ther is no justification for your hate. Lets see hate based on ignorance. What does that make? What was a cash crop, the kids?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Don't they all get a planet?!
Yup. Only if they were married in a mormon temple though. Seriously, visit the site below. It's filled with fun facts with references to official mormon books/teachings as proof. Some of this stuff will keep you laughing for hours.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/mormon.htm

-Chris

again, to clarify, I don't 'hate' mormons by any stretch of the term. They are peaceful, and other than thier annoying missionaries going door to door cause few problems. I do however strogly disagree with thier beliefs and hold a bit of contempt/anger that they brainwash their family and friends with their nonsence. The same brainwashing that likely led to Utah voting Bush based on 'moral values.' Anyone who can honestly believe the garbage the that the mormons spew should not be allowed to vote.

Quick Reply: The breakdown in perspective & predictions.