Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bigger breasts offered as perk to soldiers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Bigger breasts offered as perk to soldiers

Figures this happens two years after I ETS.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/21/mil...eut/index.html

----------------------------------------------------------
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan "Be All You Can Be," but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers' dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Free Surgery and stuff is not a new topic for military people. When my dad was in the Navy, (skin cancer runs in my family) we would get moles taken off for free out at the base, also dentist work is free, cheaper prescriptions, shots, alot of free medical care. When you lay your life on the line for the people of you country you should be entitled some things.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by esracer
Free Surgery and stuff is not a new topic for military people. When my dad was in the Navy, (skin cancer runs in my family) we would get moles taken off for free out at the base, also dentist work is free, cheaper prescriptions, shots, alot of free medical care. When you lay your life on the line for the people of you country you should be entitled some things.

That's where you're wrong, esracer. I too have had a few things done that was covered under TriCare (military health insurance for service member and his/her family) such as a removal of a wart on my finger, dental procedures and medicine when needed. That's one of the benefits that comes with wearing the uniform on top of my once staggering $21,808.00 salary before taxes

Having a breast augmentation and/or another cosmetic procedure done just for the hell of it in order to "help surgeons practice their skills" has never been done.

I'd love to see a CO and 1SG's face when a soldier actually makes a request for surgery. They'll laugh at the men in any combat arms unit that makes the request and tell them to "get back to work". Meanwhile, they'll encourage women of other units to go with open arms.

Best recruiting ploy EvAR!111!!one!1

Last edited by Salty; 07-22-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
That's where you're wrong, esracer. I too have had a few things done that was covered under TriCare (military health insurance for service member and his/her family) such as a removal of a wart on my finger, dental procedures and medicine when needed. That's one of the benefits that comes with wearing the uniform on top of my once staggering $21,808.00 salary before taxes

Having a breast augmentation and/or another cosmetic procedure done just for the hell of it in order to "help surgeons practice their skills" has never been done.

I'd love to see a CO and 1SG's face when a soldier actually makes a request for surgery. They'll laugh at the men in any combat arms unit that makes the request and tell them to "get back to work". Meanwhile, they'll encourage women of other units to go with open arms.

Best recruiting ploy EvAR!111!!one!1
Where exactly am I wrong? Free Surgery has been around as I stated comsmetic procedures are surgery, yes I know the pay is crap, but there are several benefits that comes with that crappy pay that civilians don't get.

And I don't really care about where my tax dollars are going in the military, just as long as they protect our country.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by esracer
Where exactly am I wrong? Free Surgery has been around as I stated comsmetic procedures are surgery, yes I know the pay is crap, but there are several benefits that comes with that crappy pay that civilians don't get.
You and your family had the luxury of having Uncle Sam remove potentially cancerous and malignant melanoma's because there was a major health risk involved if not performed. Likewise, if your tooth hurt, daddy's medical coverage would pay for you to have it taken care of...

There's no previous health risks if your marriage is on the rocks and you think your wife getting bigger ******* will help break the ice. Same thing applies if Betty wants liposuction in order to please her lover when you're on a 6 month deployment.

Do you get it yet?
Old 07-22-2004, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

I get your point
Old 07-23-2004, 07:50 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by Salty
1."Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio
2.The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to have someone to practice on."

Discuss.
1. so if a male soldier want's to become a transvestite can he get his ***** cut and breasts stitched on?
2. due to the awesome reputation(at least here in hawaii) that military medical facilities have built up... i would think twice about letting my body be a guinea pig...

but thats just my personal opinion-

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-23-2004, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gdogg
1. so if a male soldier want's to become a transvestite can he get his ***** cut and breasts stitched on?
[b]
aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Not for military personnel…

Commanding officers would never allow this for obvious reasons. It's not like you're going to show to the hospital and wait in a line for a surgical procedure.

You're going to have to get permission from your immediate superior who would then relay the request to the 1SG. At that point the 1SG would discuss it with the CO based on the company schedule and if it would interfere with training, deployments etc. Then the CO would most likely run it by the Battalion commander and CSM for approval with a large paper trail of all the details involved.

They'd probably think you're mentally unstable and recommend a psych-evaluation and pretty much put you through every hoop in order to change your mind. For example, they'd threaten leave time for recovery etc. Then you'd finally get your request packed submitted after an intense physical & BS then realize you're on a 1yr waiting list for an operation. At this point everything gets ****-canned because you're set to deploy in a year.

As for family members, i'm not 100% sure about the sex change operation but I honestly doubt it because that could possibly backfire on the service member as being homosexual.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally Posted by gdogg
2. due to the awesome reputation(at least here in hawaii) that military medical facilities have built up... i would think twice about letting my body be a guinea pig...

but thats just my personal opinion-
gdogg what military medical facilities are you taking about...... Tripler (TAMC)?

If so.... I know you're not in the military and I'd like to know where you get your facts.

This is kinda funny...but I was thinking about getting an "ear job" done. My ears aren't big but they kind of sick out. It affects the wear of my beret. Not a breast enlargement but along the same lines.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
what about ***** enlargements?

*about to sign the dotted line*
Old 07-23-2004, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
what about ***** enlargements?

*about to sign the dotted line*
I'll be so pissed of if this is the case... not that I was ever in the market.. *cough, cough*
Old 07-23-2004, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
can i have my swedish ***** pump back now?

I mean you have had it for the last 9months now.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
My wife has big ***** and she is going to have them "lifted" as she puts it because after having our son she says they aren't the same. I told her fine with me make'em bigger if ya want..
Old 07-23-2004, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by silver satin
My wife has big ***** and she is going to have them "lifted" as she puts it because after having our son she says they aren't the same. I told her fine with me make'em bigger if ya want..
Are you or your wife in the military and/or covered under tri-care, silver satin?

BTW, i'm sure it took a lot to convince you of her decision.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
I am and yes we are I've been in for almost 10 years..

Quick Reply: Bigger breasts offered as perk to soldiers