Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bible references found on defense contractor's products

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Post Bible references found on defense contractor's products

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/...bible_passages
Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Hooray Jesus guns!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Hooray Jesus guns!
Lol. Didn't you hear? The M16A4 w/ACOG is Jesus' tool of choice for slaying saracens.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
*sigh*
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Private Jackson: Well, it seems to me, sir, that God gave me a special gift, made me a fine instrument of warfare.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
hmm... people can use anything for their own means, even if it itself stands in opposition.

Man is tainted by sin, which is why man can twist God's Word to those who don't know it or Him...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
the proof is in the pudding. Christians certainly don't live very 'christ' like.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Honestly, who cares? Anyone who knows the company knows that they have done this since probably the beginning. Like they said, they don't advertise it. They don't make a big deal about it.

The way I see it, it's just kind of their way of sending a blessing to each person (presumably in harms way) that gets one of their products. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

PC-ness is out of hand. Seriously people. Lighten up.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ryball
Honestly, who cares? Anyone who knows the company knows that they have done this since probably the beginning. Like they said, they don't advertise it. They don't make a big deal about it.

The way I see it, it's just kind of their way of sending a blessing to each person (presumably in harms way) that gets one of their products. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

PC-ness is out of hand. Seriously people. Lighten up.
Lighten up about war, death and religion? Really? Do you laugh at cancer too?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM

Car Info: Wing
It is a Christain country , why does it still surprise people?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by horsecut54
the proof is in the pudding. Christians certainly don't live very 'christ' like.
To say that, first you have to assume that most people know what "Christ-like" really means. Next, I think you have to assume that most people who claim to be are indeed truly Christian and then that they are mature in the faith and well studied. Many people think that they are Christian, yet when you ask them what that means they describe to you things that completely contradict who Jesus Christ is.

I think that a majority of those who claim to be Christian truly are not. God is working on all of us and we are all at different places in our walk with God and maturity in the faith.

We live in a world that is fallen to sin. No one will be Christ-like, the Bible tells us this consistently, which is why the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is vital to your life. Christ lived the perfect life and did not sin once, which is why He was the perfect sacrifice for the world to God for our salvation. Even the "best" Christian, "best" according to the worlds point of view, will sin against God uncountable times throughout his or her life. And sin without Christ leads to death, but a life with Christ leads to eternal salvation.

I also think that the majority of non-Christians don't really know what Christ-like means because they don't know Christ either.

Some examples:

Christ bifurcated the world when He said that He was the Truth, the One, and the only the way to the Father (in other words, he said that there is no other way to heaven).

Christ also said that any man who thinks hateful thoughts of another has committed murder in his heart. That anyone who has thought lustful thoughts has committed adultery.

Christ said that a man should leave his family's house to be wed to a woman and that he should not leave that covenant except for marital unfaithfulness.

Christ confronted the government and leaders of the day and told them that they were wrong.

Christ said that everyone who does not call on His name will be judged by his works and that no one is good, not even one. (God's definition of good, not man's relative definition of good and evil).

Christ said that his followers are to go into the world and spread the Gospel.

Christ warns us that the devil roams the world like a prowling lion, looking for people to devour.

He tells us that debt is real bondage and from the evil one.

Christ was not tolerant of that which opposed God and His Word. He condemned the wicked. What God's heart weeps for, so should ours. What God's heart feels joy for, so should ours.

Many people seem to think that Jesus was a passive, tolerant, everyone will go to heaven kind-of-guy and that is just not the case according to His own word.

Jesus Christ tells His believers to love each other above all else. He tells us to practice mercy and grace upon one another, but he reminds us that bad company corrupts good character. He tells us to be humble and not of this world because a man's heart is where his treasure is. He tells us to serve Him, serve others, and lastly serve ourselves.

And you're right, if people aren't acting "Christ-like," then how are they acting? Who are they of?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car

they put them there knowing it could potentially cost them business, yet the government buys their product anyway. must be damn good sights.

what's next, ban the purchase of any product which has a name based in religion, mysticism, or mythology?

also, when i used to work for a major defense contractor, we used to purposefully come up with product names which yielded funny acronyms. it was fun... i actually named a product in such a way that it generates "TPS reports".
Old 01-31-2010, 12:14 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
eh, big hairy deal i say. all that matters is if they were good sights...
Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by medicSTi
Christ confronted the government and leaders of the day and told them that they were wrong.
I'm not a Christian, but Christ was quite the anti-authoritarian, at least in what he is quoted as supposedly having said--and I like that.

What's interesting about that is the fundamentalist Christians in this country are a textbook example of jingoism in action, directly contradicting that aspect of him.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I find cancer very funny, but only when children are involved.
Still funny that the non Christian side of this conflict openly uses it's religious tome and beliefs to kill us and people seem to be cool with it.

Quick Reply: Bible references found on defense contractor's products