Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

ANWAR: Truly, land of beauty...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
ANWAR: Truly, land of beauty...

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2008/07/a...and-words.html
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
:whiney liberal voice: But, but, but..........

I got nothing......
Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Let the drilling begin...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Yeah, it is what it is, right?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM

Not to sound trite or anything with that last comment
Old 07-31-2008, 05:30 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/200...5741211578264/

I'm sure you've all seen this, but it seems pretty relevant. Seeing as the amount of oil in ANWR is predicted to be irrelevant (yet profitable for oil companies...)
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 AM
VIP Member

I don't even care about the cost of oil. I'm going to pay for it regardless. What I care about is a country that is self supporting. We need to quit relying on the rest of the world for our bread and butter. I don't believe we will ever be free from foreign oil, I do believe that if we can reduce our dependency on foreign suppliers of crude we've taken a bit of the leverage back in our favor. We're under the thumb of OPEC. Personally I could give a crap about the environment. I take that back I do care about the environment, but I feel the reason behind energy conservation has been miscommunicated. Let's not do it to save the planet, let's do it to save ourselves and the future of our country.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I don't even care about the cost of oil. I'm going to pay for it regardless. What I care about is a country that is self supporting. We need to quit relying on the rest of the world for our bread and butter. I don't believe we will ever be free from foreign oil, I do believe that if we can reduce our dependency on foreign suppliers of crude we've taken a bit of the leverage back in our favor. We're under the thumb of OPEC. Personally I could give a crap about the environment. I take that back I do care about the environment, but I feel the reason behind energy conservation has been miscommunicated. Let's not do it to save the planet, let's do it to save ourselves and the future of our country.
I am so in full agreement with you here.
This is (in part) about a statement, a message, or a symbol. This is promoting a lessened reliance on foreign oil, not a way of providing us with all of our oil needs-that just isn't possible. I actually started to type up a really similar (perhaps not as eloquent) message late last night but decided not to post it...but eh, I guess you motivated me to put my opinion out there. Basically, I don't think the important thing here is whether or not the ends meet the means.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

I feel we wouldn't be in this boat if we'd continued to explore Anwar, off shore drilling, refining technologies. Every administration starting with Carter(Suprise) has continued to reduce the amount of Crude we are able to produce and refine on these shores. Look where it has gotten us. It amazes me that we are one of the largest super powers in the world; a super power that couldn't support it's self if tasked to do so. Globalization has destoyed this country.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Anyone feel like talking Anwar Ibrahim now? "Would you like a side of fries with your sodomy?" ....what??? I'm just saying!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:50 PM

^^^I seriously can't believe no one laughed at that. Hmm. I must not be as funny as I think I am. Oh well.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I still have a lot of questions about this whole thing. Liberals report that there are a huge amount of oil leases that are not being exploited. Fine, the argument is that they are low producing. So let's give the big oil companies the benefit of the doubt (not sure why we would do that) that they are not holding out on drilling on existing leases just so they can open up previously locked areas.

Would all of these new oil leases be given to US companies? No. I would venture to say that a shocking percentage would not. So what does that mean? We are leasing our oil rights to foreign companies so that they can sell our own oil back to us? Or worst case, free market... they are selling it to whoever pays the most for it. So we are leasing our oil rights to foreign companies to sell to other foreign countries? Are there agreements that our oil can only be sold back to us? Or even a percentage has to come to the US. Doubt it. How is that lessening our reliance on foreign oil?

Last edited by ryball; 09-24-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
^^ good question