Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Albert Gonzales

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
Albert Gonzales

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/...eys/index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17627463/

what do you guys think about the whole "sacking scandal"....personnally i think that gonzales is talking the heat for rove.....but this administration really has a lot of skeletons in its closet, and i think its gonna hurt the republicans in the upcoming election...
Old 03-17-2007, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Republicans have done a lot to hurt themselves. Not to get too off topic but the squandering being done within the Dem party for a chance in 2008 is far worse regarding election chances. Just saying...
Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Republicans have done a lot to hurt themselves. Not to get too off topic but the squandering being done within the Dem party for a chance in 2008 is far worse regarding election chances. Just saying...
Proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWvHbOoG3tI
Old 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
The whole Bushista criminal enterprise deserves to go to jail, and some deserve more punishment than that.

You do realize that their public support for torture (and Alberto wrote the memo) means we have lost any moral high ground and any of our troops taken prisoner can expect nothing less than waterboarding and all of that crap.

I don't know I rather liked that Obama commercial, I can't imaging anyone in the country being more divisive and generally bad for the country than her, and to have the Bush dynastic monarchy handed over to a returning Clinton dynastic monarchy is just plain un-american.

Billary had their time and its time for some new ideas, (not that Obama is really offering any....)

This was my favorite recent story on Hillary;

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...n_tries_to_woo

In the mean time, there is a candidate, with an R in front of his name no less- that I can get behind,

http://www.ronpaul.org/
Old 03-20-2007, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper
I don't know I rather liked that Obama commercial, I can't imaging anyone in the country being more divisive and generally bad for the country than her, and to have the Bush dynastic monarchy handed over to a returning Clinton dynastic monarchy is just plain un-american.
I liked it too. What i'm trying to say is that too much time and energy is going into fighting eachother and squandering within the Democrat party.

Not only will this help the Repiblican party possibly pull a fast one but if someone like McCain wins most everyone left of center will be like, "meh... he's basically a Democrat when compared to Bush, so..."

Last edited by Salty; 03-20-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The Sacking Scandal is a non issue.
The Dems got nothing to offer us except the old "Oooooo.....Look at what those ****ty GOPers are doing!!!"
Old 03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Actually Paul, you are almost right- it would not have been an issue except that the renewal of the patriot act had a provision tagged onto it allowing the AG to assign new federal attorneys without any review or confirmation process.

The Senate jumped right on that yesterday with S.214 which clearly was not a partisan response as it went through 94-2 (When you have Orrin Hatch on your side you cannot call it a democratic partisan issue).