Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

9th Circus Court rules in favor of Sex Surveys given 6 yo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
9th Circus Court rules in favor of Sex Surveys given to 1st,3rd,5th graders

http://fisherphillips.com/CM/Educati...ary%202004.pdf
http://www.metnews.com/articles/2005/fiel110305.htm
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1275781
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...ex_Survey.html
First couple pages should give you a good idea.
Comments????

No longer are parents needed, nor do we expect you try to be a parent. DOn't worry we'll take care of it for you. After all Hillary said it best "it takes a village to raise a child". We understand you may not be to inclined to accept this; we regret to inform you that you have no rights to due process. Have A Nice Day
Sincerly,
The Californina State Communist Party

Last edited by ipozestu; 11-03-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I would like to see the actual survey given to these children, especially 1st and 3rd graders. By the 5th grade, I dont think that these types of questions are wholly inappropriate.

If, indeed, the younger kids were given this survey, I find this disturbing and unethical.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

If you read the fourth paragraph in the first PDF link the question are outlined
Old 11-03-2005, 04:51 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
There's nothing linking this case to communists or even to liberals. The court upheld a ruling by a lower court. The parents DID sign something saying their children might feel uncomfortable with the survey. And nothing in federal law disallows this type of thing (which is what the decision said, if you read any of your own links). This thread is a worthless atempt at slandering liberals and Hilary, even though neither of them has ANYTHING to do with this story.

In fact, I would expect conservatives would be more pissed if the court made a rule saying this type of survey was dissallowed, because that would be legislating from the bench...something the conservatives here seem very upset by.

You're one of those 'conservatives' who wants the government to have MORE control over morality aren't you...what are those called again? Bush Republicans? Evangelicals? Hypocrites? Oh wait...that's right...idiots!

Last edited by MVWRX; 11-03-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Have you ever read the teachings of Marx. This is exactly the line in which he taught. Second there was no mention of the content of what may make these children feel uncomfortable. Your right there isn't a federal law, but when you don't allow the right of due process, it's pretty hard to have a new law written. I did not metion the word liberal nor did I reference that to communists. I assume you to be guilty by association. Lastly if you take the quote of Ms. Clinton and analyze it, this is exactly what she is talking about. Open your mind for just a moment.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX

You're one of those 'conservatives' who wants the government to have MORE control over morality aren't you...what are those called again? Bush Republicans? Evangelicals? Hypocrites? Oh wait...that's right...idiots!
Now now, no name calling, your better than that. If you could read through the sarcasm in my first post it is pretty obvious that I feel the parents have the right to educate thier children in regards to the birds and the bees as they see fit. I am against intervetion from the state on these issues. I do believe that the state has a responsiblity in teaching teen agers about safe sex, with the knowledge of the parents of course. I am not a Bush republican, I am a conservative. Please if this schmuck of a pres would even tackle half of my issues he may actually leave a legacy.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Good. Most parents are afraid to talk to their children frankly about sex.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Are they? Are you a parent? Is this what you have heard? It seems that there are quite a few parents in Palmdale that would disagree with you. You wouldn't feel uncomfortable talking to a 1st, 3rd, or 5th grader about sex? Sicko

ooops, I threw down a name, my bad

Last edited by ipozestu; 11-03-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by lojasmo
Good. Most parents are afraid to talk to their children frankly about sex.

Wow.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

^
Werd
Old 11-03-2005, 06:36 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Are they? Are you a parent? Is this what you have heard? It seems that there are quite a few parents in Palmdale that would disagree with you. You wouldn't feel uncomfortable talking to a 1st, 3rd, or 5th grader about sex? Sicko

ooops, I threw down a name, my bad
Yes, they are.

Yes, I am.

They would, because they're idiotic religious uptight prudes.

No I would not. I have a third grader, and I talk to him frankly on a wide variety of topics.

No I am not.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:18 PM

The difference between America and other countries when you talk about sex is amazing sometimes.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

What drives people to force a child to grow up so fast. There is something about the innocence of youth.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:34 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by MVWRX
There's nothing linking this case to communists or even to liberals. The court upheld a ruling by a lower court. The parents DID sign something saying their children might feel uncomfortable with the survey. And nothing in federal law disallows this type of thing (which is what the decision said, if you read any of your own links). This thread is a worthless atempt at slandering liberals and Hilary, even though neither of them has ANYTHING to do with this story.

In fact, I would expect conservatives would be more pissed if the court made a rule saying this type of survey was dissallowed, because that would be legislating from the bench...something the conservatives here seem very upset by.

You're very harsh, close minded and assuming. Yes, he talked about Hillary, but I would not say that he is "slandering liberals..." Hilary, maybe, but not necessarily the liberal party itself.

I'm not trying to offend you here. I'm just making you aware that that is what I interpret of you through your posts and comments. You're a very defensive person.

Last edited by jvick125; 11-03-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by ipozestu
What drives people to force a child to grow up so fast. There is something about the innocence of youth.
I completely agree with you. I don't think sex should even be introduced to a child until, AT THE VERY EARLIEST 6th grade. Let them play, get hurt, scrap a knee, laugh, cry, and LEARN. You're not a child forever.

Quick Reply: 9th Circus Court rules in favor of Sex Surveys given 6 yo's