Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

5,500 soldiers have deserted Iraq.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
hahah... Sgt Salty gonan get some licks in.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I'm not trying to be rude as I just want to sound stern in my requests. I'm sure tokio_sparrow has thick enough skin to understand my request and give me what I asked for.

If his claims are legit i'll welcome him to the forum and we’ll all live happily ever after. If not, then he'll most likely be trolled.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:09 PM

first things first,

1reguL8NSTi

did you even read my post? keep up with the conversation man! i was being sarcastic about BAN SUVS reply to my post.

now, am i to PM you my 214? seriously? i could care less if you dont believe im a veteran or not. i made my point. as far as other veterans go, MOST veterans of this MISTAKE feel the same way i do, i.e. dont ***** about something we had to do while youre back on your fat *** enjoying the high life at quiky-mart. dont confuse this war with others... we arent happy, and we dont mind saying so.

youve discovered fraudulent veterans on an online chat forum about subarus...hmm...whats that say about your private life?

at any rate, get a life people. i dont need to verify crap to speak my mind.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Oaf
I remember reading something like 20,000 deserters in WW2, all happening in the ETO.
Don't know the total number in uniform during that time, but it's safe to assume many times more than now.
Meaning, expressed as a percentage of deserters/those serving, we have more deserting now than during WW2.

**EDIT**

16.1 million served during WW2.
1.5 million as of Oct 2004.

WW2: 20,000/16,100,000 = .12%
Iraq: 5,500/1,500,000 = .37%

So, assuming the 5500 figure is correct, there are 3X as many deserting now then during WW2.

even scarier when you think about the amount of time troops were in ETO and the amount of time so far in iraq...

(double that figure)
Old 01-19-2005, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tokio_sparrow
first things first,

1reguL8NSTi

did you even read my post? keep up with the conversation man! i was being sarcastic about BAN SUVS reply to my post.

now, am i to PM you my 214? seriously? i could care less if you dont believe im a veteran or not. i made my point. as far as other veterans go, MOST veterans of this MISTAKE feel the same way i do, i.e. dont ***** about something we had to do while youre back on your fat *** enjoying the high life at quiky-mart. dont confuse this war with others... we arent happy, and we dont mind saying so.

youve discovered fraudulent veterans on an online chat forum about subarus...hmm...whats that say about your private life?

at any rate, get a life people. i dont need to verify crap to speak my mind.
I knew you'd walk like a duck too!

Why the hostility?!

You either PM your information or fax me your DD214 to my home office fax. Simple and effective. You can even whiteout your Social Security number if it makes you feel happy.

Once I see the information I’ll post a picture of me throwing the paper into the fireplace or shredder, okay? You have my solemn word.

Why is it that people attack my social life for being active in a forum and making a point when they just so happen to be posting on the same forum? Some more so recently than myself? Funny how that works out.... It's a good thing I don't need to validate myself here and actually have a social life along with self esteem.

The ball is in your court now, tokio_sparrow.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:15 AM

I dont see why one would need to validate his / her service when they simply allude to it in a thread. It is not as if Tokio claimed he is with the clandestine Orion Team and he knows how JFK really died.

If his claims ring of fraudulance, prove him wrong. Otherwise quit the McCarthy scare tactics.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
I dont see why one would need to validate his / her service when they simply allude to it in a thread. It is not as if Tokio claimed he is with the clandestine Orion Team and he knows how JFK really died.

If his claims ring of fraudulance, prove him wrong. Otherwise quit the McCarthy scare tactics.
Why do you care enough to post these types of comments when you haven't served and have no idea what it's like to serve? This isn't someone claiming to be part of a pissboy fraternity that doesn't know the secret handshake. This is real and something a lot of us hold sacred.

A lot of you whine about how I can possibly be in favor of some of my very close friends deaths because you think I’m giving Bush a reach around. The fact is that I am not in favor of their deaths nor am I in favor of this war or any war for that matter. It's these types of fraudulent claims that steal my friends valor and belittle their service, not whether or not they chose to put their lives on the line for something you don't agree with.

Haven't you ever stuck up for yourself or anyone that was close to you for something you held sacred, dub2w?

*And just for the record I don’t know if tokio_sparrow’s claims are fraudulent as of now.*
Old 01-20-2005, 10:23 AM

While I understand your point, Tokio has no obligation to you in any way. If he is indeed a serviceman, he owes you as little as you owe him.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:33 AM

how is giving my opinion taking away the valor of your "friends"??? are you retarded? or do you just need some "valiant quest" to impress your buddies back and the D&D club?

sending you my 214 would also be retarded. i dont know you, i.e. i would have to white out a whole lot more than my SSN. however, i will email you from my AKO account. you should be familiar with that, if YOU truly are a veteran yourself, not that that matters either.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

how is giving my opinion taking away the valor of your "friends"??? are you retarded? or do you just need some "valiant quest" to impress your buddies back and the D&D club?

sending you my 214 would also be retarded. i dont know you, i.e. i would have to white out a whole lot more than my SSN. however, i will email you from my AKO account. you should be familiar with that, if YOU truly are a veteran yourself, not that that matters either.

The fact that you've claimed to be a Combat Veteran when you may not be is what belittles their service.

This is not the typical response you'd expect from a true Veteran and the very fact you’re not cooperating reeks of fraudulence. I should of had your DD-214 faxed to me by now and this be done with. An AKO account means absolutely dick and proves nothing. It could mean you're a cherry pvt, retired COL or using a friends account.

Either PM me for my fax number and fax me your dd214 before your next post OR be censored from this forum.

Last edited by Salty; 01-20-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
It's easy to be skeptical about someones claims in political thread on a car forum. Especially when they only have four posts.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

sending you my 214 would also be retarded. i dont know you, i.e. i would have to white out a whole lot more than my SSN.
Then how about this... you fax me a copy of your drivers license with everything blacked out BUT the name. Then fax me your dd214 with everything blacked out minus your name and the table on the far right side that shows types of service.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:36 AM

Stupid. Or else he will be censored? When did proving military duty become a mandate in a car forum. Again, stupid
Old 01-20-2005, 11:38 AM

please PM me your fax number.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:42 AM

scratch that.

**** off instead. i dont need to prove crap.

Quick Reply: 5,500 soldiers have deserted Iraq.